Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-02-dying-light-2-review

Eurogamer gave it a recommended with the caveat that its a fairly technically unimpressive game which tracks for the 5 or so years its been in development, it's very much a last gen title, which is basically what I expected.
I'm right on the minimum for the video card and this is what's worrying me the most so maybe that's a good sign I can run it, haaaah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
All kids voices should be Catbug.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Speaking of Survivor Sense, at the moment I have the issue where it just stops working. Just doesn't ping at all.
About the ragdolls, zombies and people don't cling properly to spikes anymore :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm getting a bug where a few stores are selling infinite stacks of 100 Oxidizers. Still have to pay for them but hell, sure I'll stock up on easy blue mats. It's only ever Oxidizers though :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Awesome, I had the game freak out when a ~story choice~ popped up. Had to kill the game via task manager but it still managed to autosave past the choice and now I can't go back to even see what it was! :V Can't wait for this to happen again during your *500 hour* content game.
This game has no excuse for not having manual saves.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Just how much of the story do you have to push to get into the second zone, cause everyone and everything is telling me to rush to story to get the second area but uhhh that seems like a lot. It seems like I've locked out a bunch of sidequests doing that too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Caidin posted:

There aren't any Very Hard locks and there aren't as ubiquitous so it's less of a pain.

You can also dump a bunch of resources into upgrading lock picks until you can just skip the minigame entirely if that's your bag.
Actually I've found one. An underwater air drop to boot, southern part of the map under the starting Renegades area

I'm not sure if it was from that box but at some point I picked up a Level 9 hammer but I'm only Level 5.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The only good Techland story was Gunslinger so I don't know why people keep expecting good stories from them. The marketing on HOW IMPACTFUL THIS STORY IS was a red flag in the first place.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Like, what UV light are they using? UV-B? UV-C?
If they're constantly parked right under UV-B the infected are less viral infected and more like sun-burn and cancer victims.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I had the game bug out a bit and old villadore had full peacekepper traps and full bazaar parkour help. None of it seemed to overlap or cause issues. it made everything way more fun.
I had that at some point it was fun as poo poo. Can't wait for the mod that just unlocks everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I wonder how much of the story was axed with the Chris thing and how much/if that butchered up the important story changes, or if the Chris stuff even really mattered. Current story feels like run-of-the-mill Techland jank. Threads that go nowhere, plot holes, poo poo we don't care about but they keep forcing.
Obvs stuff like the zombie density wasn't apart of that, but even things like the chases and how volatiles are hardly a part of the game, but dropped gameplay like how Crane in one was meant to become more Volatile-like through the game.