Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ever heard phantom notifications or hallucifications?
Yes
No
View Results

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I call these phantom notifications or hallucifications, it happens when I'm anxiously waiting for a reply. Has this ever happened to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

a lot of people have auditory hallucinations OP it's probably not a big deal but to answer your question no because nobody ever calls or texts me, ever, and I like it

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

like I can't even tell you the last time I had a friend that wasn't purely online

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

insurance agents try to text me sometimes but gently caress them

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the worst is phantom vibrations on your leg like wtf are you doing centra nervous system????

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

like I can't even tell you the last time I had a friend that wasn't purely online

no surprise here henry

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
it happened to me a lot when i tried out online dating, uninstalled that poo poo and it went away

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have the problem where if I hear my phone vibrate or whatever I just assume it's someone else's phone so I don't check and then I miss a lot of things people needed to know right then.

I don't pay much attention to my phone.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I keep my phone quiet and feel phantom vibrations but I think it’s just blood clots in my legs

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I do, quite frequently, but I generally ignore phone notifications so it's no biggy. (That's what she said)

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
they turned off my phone. whatever, no biggie

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If you're out in public when you get the notification, or in an apartment or office, you might be hearing someone else's phone.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
When I'm in a waiting room and someone's phone alert is the same as mine, but I haven't used the tone for years, makes me wonder "Is that me"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Anyone remember when your stereo would have weird interruptions just before you'd get a call?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

no surprise here henry

I'll bet you sell insurance

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Sid Vicious posted:

the worst is phantom vibrations on your leg like wtf are you doing centra nervous system????

Get those a lot. Even when my phone is in my hand.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Genesplicer posted:

Get those a lot. Even when my phone is in my hand.

yes that's the absolute worst!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm sorry op it's a tumor in your brain meats

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I used to back when my phone still made sounds/vibrated. But ever since turning all that poo poo off it's never been a problem. Though every now and then a TV/Movie will have a phone vibrate sound and it'll throw my brain through a loop for a second.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

STABASS posted:

they turned off my phone. whatever, no biggie

The button is just on the side there. You can probably turn it back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

Phantom Vibration Syndrome

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6149296/