Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huntman posted:

Lio RT'd the show announcement today and as of 4 hours ago they were still advertising him, bizarre.

But won't complain about AJ Gray being in this.

Yeah, really weird. Was looking forward to seeing him do wild poo poo in a ladder match tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

d8uv posted:

the "hey ny athletic permission requires ringside mats, let's go spend $20 at big lots" mats?

It's at least better than the MLW special of those little foam squares you put together like puzzle pieces when you want to turn your garage into a gym

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Good to see Oliver up and coherent after that piledriver, OOF

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ASF has always looked amazing in all of his appearances. I wonder what that finish was supposed to be? Or if it played out as expected and just kind of felt like a tiny botch with how they came off the top.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who is this Sam Stackhouse?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is like late era ECW levels of overbooked, and they've done a tribute to basically every era of ECW in one match. Just wild poo poo.

X PAC BAY BEE

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

X-Pac Heat is dead, long live X-Pac

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God they still have the Briscoes open challenge, this show is nuts

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why are they playing Walk and not that Harry Slash song?

Edit: oh yeah it's Justice's theme

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why is Ruby so much better outside of AEW? Her match with Alex Shelley was also very good (though not surprising since it's Alex Shelley).

Sticky Nate posted:

Allie Katch is not good

Yeeeaaahhh. I'm always rooting for her and really do like her but she's not super great and hasn't really improved in-ring in a long while.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Tortured JJ theme is pretty good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jarrett must feel so out of place, he doesn't have to figure out a ref bump before he tries to use the guitar

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Your 2022 Royal Rumble winner, Jeff Jarrett

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy poo poo I forgot about this match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huh.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe lights out, FTR show up and beat Tremont's rear end?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope they use the pizza cutter to cut off Jay's lovely dreads

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"I love my mother loving gang" is maybe the funniest line ever delivered

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

onefunkynote posted:

"Get my body right"...lol okay bud

pictured: a man who got his body right

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1485462272860434440?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SalTheBard posted:

100%

I think the biggest problem was the timing of the show. I don't think Fite has the same time restrictions that a terrestrial PPV would. I mean the same thing happened at All In where the main event (Bucks and Bandido vs. Ibushi, Mysterio and Fenix) was like 7 minutes long because ALLEGEDLY Scurll vs. Okada went long. I don't think GCW makes the same mistake again. But also yeah to echo what someone else said, this was a fine GCW show, but GCW needed a banger show.

Agreed with all of this. The Cardona/Janela stuff was fun but could have been tightened up time-wise, and really didn't need the Swoggle or Virgil stuff. I get wanting to get everyone involved but those couple bits in particular ate up a lot of time and amounted to nothing in the long run.