Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i liked the touchdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It sucks that Tyreek is a huge piece of poo poo because boy howdy is he an electric football player.

He’s got that gear where he’s already faster than everyone else and then has the super Saiyan gear after that where he just roadrunners away from defenders.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

surf rock posted:

It just struck me how utterly hosed most of the AFC is.

It feels inevitable that that conference will be won by some mixture of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Herbert for the next decade. Maybe Lamar Jackson will get back there or Trevor Lawrence will level up or some rookie in the next five years will dazzle us all, but it's a goddamn gauntlet to get to the Super Bowl from the AFC side.

Good loving luck if you go to the Broncos, Rodgers, you moron.

To add onto that; the rest of the afc is even more hosed than your list initially makes it seem. Because each of the afc divisions have a super star quarterback (assuming Lawrence pans out).

It’d be one thing if they were all clustered in the same division or two. But no, the 5* elite young qbs are perfectly spread across the afc.

Other teams are hosed and we can safely predict 4 of the 7 afc playoff teams.

*assuming, again, that Lawrence pans out

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It rules because Josh Allen has this baby face while trucking through nfl defenders

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Fielding a consistently good defense is much harder than a consistently good offense. Defensive performance varies a lot year to year.

Fielding a consistently good defense is much harder than a consistently good offense, assuming that the team already has a great QB.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

There is no way you can rank Burrow above Allen and Herbert. Former has no clear advantage at all, latter are better passers with stronger arms, more mobile and can avoid sacks instead of running into them, and create more production with less talented skill players. Imagine having Tyler Boyd as your #3 receiving option

Ty for typing this so I didn’t have to. #solidarity

a neat cape posted:

I think you could rank all four of those guys in any order and could probably justify ant order you want. I wouldn't trade Herbert for any of those other three and I don't think Chiefs Bengals or Bills fans would either

If I was the bengals, I would SNAP trade Burrow for any of the other three, at this point in their careers.

Which is wild, because Joe Burrow is good young quarterback. It’s not a slight against him but rather praise of the others.

Age is also a factor, heck, Joe is 25 and Herbie is 23.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think a 15 months age difference between two guys in their mid 20s is really a factor.

I do. Now what???

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fate Accomplice posted:

Simmons made a point on last night's show:

This got me thinking: for the next 10-15 years 1-2 of these guys is gonna be in the AFC championship game every year, so if your AFC team is interested in competing, why would you sign a QB to a second contract if they're not at least as good as these four?

The patriots won a bunch of super bowls since 2000 and over that time they only ever had like the 10th best AFC qb.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Chucktesla posted:

Teams should draft QBs that don't post, imo

Never!!!

Logging off is the sign of a quitter.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

grumpy & covetous

Hi grumpy & covetous I’m ornery and hornery

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The browns have given Baker an exceptional OL, great wrs, and great rbs.

What you’ve seen from Baker (when healthy) is basically what you can hope to get.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

2020 healthy Baker was very good. Not elite, but very good. I'm going off my dumb memory, but the last half of the 2020 season he threw like maybe 2 picks. He was very efficient. I'll take that any day over going back to the QB carousel for the next 25 years, even if his skillsets won't enable us to win a game with 13 seconds left.

I don’t necessarily disagree about what the quality of his play is with that support. I was just commenting that we’ve seen the high water mark.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Washington HOGS

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/JarvisScouting/status/1486392025742299149?t=Jk8Gt8BBF5jp3Uwo3c5VOw&s=19

That is the exact kind of non answer I will hear (and give) in my more pointless work meetings.

Incredible business non-answer. Hits the high notes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What chance y’all thinks bengals have for a win this weekend?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MakaVillian posted:

Hey guys I'm going to play until I'm like 50 because football is easy

*doesn't get a flag and loses to Matt Stafford*

Oh well, time to pack it in

It’s true, it’s all true

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

surf rock posted:

Now that we have Brady's full career, who are the quarterbacks who can legitimately be considered in the GOAT conversation?

I would say that Peyton is somewhere in there and was better at some technical elements of the position than Brady, but that he clearly loses the comparison.

I don't consider rings a QB stat, but Marino not hitting the pinnacle at least once also prevents him from winning the comparison.

Are the only legitimate contenders at this point Montana and maybe Unitas?

Montana, Peyton, and Marino were all vastly superior nfl QBs.

Brady had the good fortune to be with the best and cheatingest coach for the majority of his career. When Brady left NE he went to the team with by far the most supporting roster talent, on O and on D, and still couldn’t win the NFC S.

Brady was a good QB but his most valuable trait was being lucky as gently caress. He throws numerous picks in the 2020 NFC Champ game and it doesn’t matter. He faces the chiefs in the SB when all the chiefs are injured or have career-worst performances.

I loving hate how lucky Brady was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

joe football posted:

Brady will be sort of the opposite of Bill Russell(or in football, maybe someone like Elway) in that the only reason to not think he's the best is having watched him actually play. When everyone who saw him is dead and all that's left is his PFR page, everyone will think he's the best unless something radically changes about how the game is played

Sadly, we will live the rest of our lives in a world where esteem for Brady only increases

It’s disgusting and true.

Every season that my team doesn’t win it all, I will be rooting for Mahomes and the chiefs because somebody needs to win more than Brady for the history books.