Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Have we heard anything about whether Brady is going to need surgery to treat his gruesome injury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

John Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams are going to win the Super Bowl

Begrudgingly this is now the second best outcome.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i have troubling news. my friend is still on the path of falling madly in love with the incumbent best qb who whoops his rear end as well, just because that qb was here a few years before a new class of great qbs and my friend's team has one of them but isn't the only team that got one. would rather get asswhooped by one qb for 10 years instead of seeing any others do well. sicko stuff

a troubling development

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kirios posted:

way to admit you have no actual fans, rams

The Titans changed their ticket resale rules to keep Bengals fans out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Most teams do this.

Yea, that was my point. It doesn’t have anything to do with how devoted the fanbase is, its just what teams do. Doesn’t matter if you’ve got the most devoted fans in the world if none of them can get tickets because they’re all 10000 dollars on the secondary market.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's so much more fixable in a relatively short time, if things break well, than trying to get an offense like that put together.

Fielding a consistently good defense is much harder than a consistently good offense. Defensive performance varies a lot year to year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Age is also a factor, heck, Joe is 25 and Herbie is 23.

I don’t think a 15 months age difference between two guys in their mid 20s is really a factor.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I do. Now what???

I shake my head at your dumb opinion and go on with my life.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I don’t think that quote really has anything to do with retirement. He’s just saying he’d rather play and lost than not play at all. If he retires it’s not going to be because he doesn’t want to lose anymore it’ll be because he has other priorities.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A year ago that list didn't include Burrow or Herbert. Two years ago it didn't include Allen. None of those QBs teams looked like world beaters at any point this year. And as Aaron Rodgers proved again this year, all star QBs eat poo poo in the playoffs all time.

Let's breath a minute before crowning the next perennial Super Bowl QB. Brady isn't even buried yet.

Come on, when have the Chargers, Bills and Bengals ever been known to fail even when things are going their way?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Josh and Patrick have been pretty good

Neither one has hit the part of their extension where their cap costs really shoot up. Mahomes goes from 7.5 million this year to 35 million next and 46 in 2024. Allen goes from 10 this year to 16 next year up to 39 in 2024.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

That’s an extension. He’s still playing out his rookie deal until 2023.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Don't worry guys, the Saints are $74m over the cap and have Loomis, they'll be just fine.

They’re gonna hire Allen and go 2-15 with those two wins being the Bucs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

with whomever coaches it having ridiculous expectations from fans who went through Payton for that long

I don’t think you really understand the psychology of Saints fans.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wintston might be the best QB in the division, depending on if Ryan is still a broken man

Winston is an FA so he may not be in the division next year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

Right, either of us would take that in the years when our teams either started or flirted with starting Matt Cassel.

But our teams have quarterbacks now. The Saints had Drew Brees and completely sold out every year for a Super Bowl and ended up with just a conference championship appearance to show for it. Now, the Saints have to wait until 2025 to even be able to earnestly begin a proper rebuild.

Getting to the Super Bowl is hard. Fans of this current Bills team should understand that pretty well.

The team has been competitive and fun to watch for a really long time. Brees leaving was always going to be a tough transition and Payton bouncing at the same time means they could have the best cap situation in the league and they’d still be hosed because it’s extremely hard to find a good QB and even harder to find a good coach and they’ve got to do both. If anything I imagine pushing the rebuild up would have made Payton bounce sooner.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

Right, I do understand that and I feel pretty strongly that it's more likely than not that Josh Allen will never win a Super Bowl.

But teams with franchise quarterbacks and good coaches are in the playoff mix by default pretty much every season. The Saints went to extraordinary lengths to circumvent the cap and didn't get anything more than you'd expect from a your bog standard perennial contender. Now, it's sounding like three consecutive seasons of medicine taking; that's unheard of!

Bog standard perennial contender is about the best you can manage if you aren’t Tom Brady. I’m perfectly fine with them shooting their shot while the window was there, they just never got all of the pieces aligned at the right time. Bad defenses for a long time then good defenses right around when Brees arm died. Considering that people have been saying since 2011 that they were in cap hell and they managed to keep it rolling until 2020 that’s not too bad. Now they have to take their medicine at a time when, realistically, they were going to suck no matter what.

If they’d started to flush the high priced contracts out of the system a few years ago they’d still be bad a team with no QB or coach this year and would have also sucked more the last few years.

They also played in a division where every other team has been to the Super Bowl this decade, so it’s not like they’ve had an easy path most years.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 26, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love how nothing changed after McCarthy got booted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1478010006192730112

Look at all those wins!*

*Not valid for playoffs

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MJeff posted:

Lefleur's 2 playoff wins are against the Seahawks which had a mildly questionable spot at the end and against the Rams starting a Jared Goff who'd had surgery less than two weeks prior because John Wolford had a neck injury.

Not exactly the most impressive stuff.

Oh I know, I’m just think it’s funny that Lafleur is a big improvement over McCarthy in terms of regular season performance and it just hasn’t mattered at all once the playoffs come around. “Most wins in 3 years without a Super Bowl appearance” is probably not a record you want to hold.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jivesauce posted:

How good he's been on the Rams? His yards per game are almost identical.

He caught 7 TDs in his last two and a half years with the Browns and already had 5 with the Rams. He’s may not be putting up huge numbers but he’s been a pretty important piece for them to help take pressure off of Kupp.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

lol

He’s probably dumb enough and arrogant enough to think that’s actually a possibility.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Play posted:

What Amazon apparently fails to realize is that in a deterministic universe, such as the one we inhabit, all of those plays actually had a 100% chance of happening, and have always had a 100% chance of happening since the beginning of time.

In a deterministic universe like the one we inhabit the very idea of “realizing” is itself a fiction as we are all bound by the interactions of elemental forces over which we have no control. The clockwork motions of the university set moving billions of years ago guaranteed that we would reach this moment where Amazon says that machine learning is real and understands football and we laugh at them. None of us had a choice.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

AndrewP posted:

I know it's just Skip, but it's a silly take because Burrow will never have Mahomes' incredible arm talent

Tom Brady never had ridiculous arm talent either, and yet he’s the GOAT.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

He literally retired because he got a bloody lip and nobody was penalized for it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

who gave hi a bloody lip? Let’s build a statue of the one who killed Tom Brady

Von Miller. Make his statue in Canton an image of him pointing and laughing at Tom Brady pouting with a bloody lip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I’m not sure how it’s really owning reporters by credibly leaking your own personal intentions and then being like “ha, I was lying all alone and you fell for it, you morons!”