Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

binary means 2 things.

Which two things are you?

Peanut butter AND Jelly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Which two things are you?

Peanut butter AND Jelly?

Hot cocoa AND on the couch.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Hot cocoa AND on the couch.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hell yeah i have no idea what's going on with myself behind the scenes but i generally present male but i'm totally in between somewhere. a friend of mine did my makeup once and i felt great but that poo poo's time-consuming to do so i haven't learned how to yet.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

is Joe Biden our first enby president?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Do they have the meats?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

is Joe Biden our first enby president?

No.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
your identity and self-expression is your business and nobody the gently caress else's

do your thing

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

ah, too bad. Figured i should ask

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

It's the best pride flag colour scheme by far

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
I grew up as a tomboy. I pretty much hate gender roles. I don't consider myself to be nb, I consider myself to be practical. I absolutely hated it when I grew breasts and hips. Until I got fibro I was stronger than most men I knew. I dislike makeup but love dresses. I seriously miss being the strongest person in the room. Stupid fibromyalgia.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

gnosia, OP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Haji posted:

I grew up as a tomboy. I pretty much hate gender roles.

on like... a certain level... i acknowledge that there is some, base line, extemelye minimal amount of practicality in a society that categorizes most behaviors as belonging to one thing or the other... it would still be better if that were just done away with overnight.

awareness is so fuckin hard man. like... i can say "why doesn't everyone just decide not to care" but i know that nobody can really decide what bothers them. even if they say they don't care, they might still care. all u can say is "don't act on that" and hope that things eventually change

fumbling at words for all this stuff... lmao its hard... like i'm pretty sure this post doesn't make any sense at all... because discussing this stuff is... hard... haha

not in the sense of like... morality. it's not morally hard... it's hard to find the right words, to create a meaning that is somehow divorced from our genetic push-pulls... man...

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Sid Vicious posted:

i also consider myself nonbinary, i wear whatever i want, i wear makeup when i want to, i look drat good in a dress and boots, but i have a big beard and people have told me to my face since i have facial hair i present strictly as male and shouldnt use the nonbinary descriptor and usually i just tell em to gently caress off but i would love to hear goons opinions, because im not sure if theyre right?

I almost literally never wear makeup, I wear my hair in flat twists & cornrows most of the time, I wear t-shirts/jeans/sneakers most of the time, I too look drat good in a dress and boots although I am incapable of growing a big beard. That said, I consider myself a cis woman, and calling myself nonbinary even if I don't seem particularly binary by conventional gender standards seems like it would be disingenuous & appropriative.

Honestly, I've semi-jokingly asked my mom why she couldn't have raised me more genderedly. She's a good mom, but sometimes I wish she'd pressured me into wearing makeup and dresses and stuff while I was growing up.

edit:

Haji posted:

I grew up as a tomboy. I pretty much hate gender roles. I don't consider myself to be nb, I consider myself to be practical.

Same.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Actually a thing that gets me annoyed is the word "Latinx". I really hate it because it just sucks as a word and doesn't even read properly in Spanish much less being just awful to say aloud. I understand the whole deal with trying to un-gender Romance languages but drat if people could've chosen a more white-person-trying-to-speak-for-Latinos word and spelling? I've heard that the term was actually coined by someone of Latino/a heritage but that's even worse in a way, because they should know better than slapping a random X in a Spanish word like that. At least use "Latine", which sounds okay and also isn't a word yet, while also fitting the same general word and vowel structure already in use in Spanish.

As someone who is actually non-binary Latino, this topic really frustrates me. Especially so when I see it being used by all kinds of random news outlets and such that have just decided that it's the term to use. Thankfully there is pushback from others like me on it, but who knows if it'll be enough to bury the term.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hispanic is right there

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It is and I sometimes use it interchangeably but technically Hispanic only refers to people of recent Spanish (i.e. Spain) descent, where Latino/Latina is more indicative of peoples of recent South and Central American descent. Yeah if you go far back enough everyone descends from Spain but there's enough difference between Spanish people and Latino people that the distinction is appreciated. And that's not even getting into the whole situation with Native American peoples living there and the mixing of the races that occurred all throughout the continent.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I ain't Non-Binary but I am fricken goofy as hell!!!!!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
it’s difficult and weird growing up in the ‘boy/man box’*. the range of acceptable behaviors is limited in arbitrary ways and social enforcement is extremely strict. i remember in high school being kind of mystified because i understood boys and girls are inherently equal and yet we end up behaving so differently. then in college learning about how gender policing is used to shape us and how homophobic/misogynistic slurs are aimed at men in order to limit their behaviors to the acceptable range. and it was like, ‘oh! that’s what’s been happening!’

i read an interesting book called ‘trans kids’, which has a chapter on kids in gender clinics. the difference in how afab and amab children end up there is instructive. parents of “boys” describe receiving hushed reports from relatives, friends, caregivers that their little Luke was pretending to be a princess and wanted to wear a dress and they should get that checked out. for “girls”, generally clothing choices and pretend play didn’t result in social friction until it came to a desire for short hair, which was a big sticking point for many families.

as it turns out, most of the amab kids there actually are boys. because the threshold for pathologically feminine in boys is so low it trips easily. and most of the afab kids are boys too, because they only get to the clinic when they self-declare and fight for their identity, usually against dismissive and minimizing objections.

i remember being a boy in the 2000s and male fashion was like, an enforced anti-fashion. any attempt at deliberate self-presentation was presenting a point of weakness for attack. and i’ve learned it’s the opposite if you grow up as a girl, lack of effort is punished. so it’s a weird trap where instead of getting to be yourself, you arbitrarily are designated for particular forms of social sanction.

i told myself i didn’t fall for that stuff when i was younger, but that’s not true at all. i took pride in not caring about my appearance. but that was just conditioning too. now i’ve transitioned and my style hasn’t really changed much. skater boy -> skater girl cause i listened to emo as a kid and apparently that is deterministic of my style forever. now i let myself care more and enjoy caring more.

i think things are getting better. . me and my friend were at the mall and we say a zoomer boy wearing shorts with like, a 1/2” inseam. and honestly he looked cool af. the guy i’m seeing has like a half femboy vibe that i don’t totally understand yet. he seems to like it. i hope that continues

*unlike the girl/woman box, which is famously easy and unrestrictive (jk jk obv)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

my hair is naturally ultra curly, like goldilocks levels of coils

i did not know this for 30+ years of my life

gender roles are so dumb

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

precision posted:

im nonbinary. i been like that a while. in the late 90s i liked to wear long skirts and eyeliner and all kind of goth fag poo poo. (im allowed to say fag cause im gay (half)) im sorry i dont sound more serious bc in fact im pretty serious about being enby and stuff

theres hardly any enbys in media tho, and that sucks. who are some good enbys

theres 2 in this game called Boyfriend Dungeon. broadly... it concerns dungeons, and hitting monstars with things that are sentient and which date you. its rill good. there's boys ofc but theres also a girl u can get sweet with (daggers) and theres a cat (u can NOT gently caress the cat thankfully) and theres 2 enbys, Sawyer and Rowan. Rowan is a goth prince(ss) and Sawyer is a tomboy(girl)... the dating/sex stuff isnt serious or bad, its like... romance novel

what are some good enby moovies maybe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOJAxformw

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Rockman Reserve posted:

my hair is naturally ultra curly, like goldilocks levels of coils

i did not know this for 30+ years of my life

gender roles are so dumb

Mine too actually. The start of the pandemic closing things down is what caused me to realize I'm NB, because I couldn't go to my barbers and so my hair just kept growing bigger and curlier. Eventually I started liking it a lot more and realized "hey wait a sec maybe I'm not actually 100% male." So, there's the singular good thing to come out of the pandemic for me: A better understanding of myself.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Das Boo posted:

Ace as gently caress, but wearing skirts and playing with makeup is fun as gently caress and I don't see why y'all ain't doing it.

Honestly, it just sounds like a drag.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im a really manly mans man like george michael

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Everyone could be nonbinary if y'all would just give it a try. It rules not following rules.

Be gay do crime.

AFAB or AMAB? Nope. ACAB.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Look, there has to only be two genders, because marketing.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Joke's on him, her's has actual buttons instead of whatever you call those on His.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i thought this was going to be a thread about a chain restaurant like arby's and i was excited to learn about it but now i'm finding out there is no Enby's and I'll never get to eat at one and it just kind of sucks you know

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

kntfkr posted:

i thought this was going to be a thread about a chain restaurant like arby's and i was excited to learn about it but now i'm finding out there is no Enby's and I'll never get to eat at one and it just kind of sucks you know

I've eaten at many an enby heh :smug:

sex joke

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

precision posted:

theres hardly any enbys in media tho, and that sucks. who are some good enbys

I seem to remember a cartoon on Netflix called Ghost city or something like that. It's a really wholesome show, and one of the supporting characters uses they/them pronouns. The show doesn't make a big deal of it, but all the other characters remember to use them correctly. I thought it was a nice touch in the writing.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

syntaxfunction posted:

I've eaten at many an enby heh :smug:

sex joke

low hanging rear end

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Look, there has to only be two genders, because marketing.

Fake news. No pink tax.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

If gender is a spectrum then we are all non-binary. You ain’t special.

hooksocks
Oct 14, 2012

cat flag
I’ve been on hrt for 2 years and I still identify as a femboy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

AFLW Star Darcy Vescio recently came out as Enby.

Good on them. It's great that people like them can have positive role models, and especially in traditionally such a horrifically homophobic environment as professional sport. I wish them nothing but the greatest happiness in their personal lives and I hope they remain a shining light and encouragement to other NB's out there in the wider community. They are a great player too, having played in the inaugural AFLW season, and are hugely charismatic and affable. I even think they may have a podcast about the game, but I dunno.

However, they play for Carlton so they can get hosed, and I hope they lose all their games.

But again, in a wider sense, good on them.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm wearing my wife's panties rn to keep a bottle of synthetic snug next to my heat pouch. So you gotta ask yourself, Elliott, are you a 1 or a 0?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

If gender is a spectrum then we are all non-binary. You ain’t special.

never said i was friend

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

All genders are nonbinary once you tell your dad to gently caress off.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

binary means 2 things.

I got two things for ya RIGHT HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I have insane swag and do all kinds of straight + gay stuff.