Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

I do think about my gender all the time but a lot of it I think is because it comes up so often in the kinds of places I read online (which I'm almost never there for in particular). If it wasn't THE social issue just now I think I'd think about it about 10% as much as I do, and default onto the 'men and women can do the same things, gender norms are socially imposed and i am above them' attitude, which I picked up when I was around 14 from just thinking about it for myself and reading some old feminist books.

It's created quite a mess in my head which I kind of keep to myself because I think culture is working out things which have nothing to do with me and I should kind of stay out of it. But it does have an effect that I think is loving me up a little bit, to view myself in ways I otherwise wouldn't (men are bad, therefore you are bad) and question things I probably shouldn't (maybe there are certain things that define being a woman?).

roomtone fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

Outrail posted:

The misery is even when you're not horny you're supposed to feel horny so there's a feeling of inadequacy which creates a feedback loop so you overcompensate by acting like an Ur stereotype and ohhhh that's what I'm an rear end in a top hat. Society made my dick make me a dick.

what situations are you describing? because this is alien to me