Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Xaintrailles posted:

Which country? Too many genocides to figure this out :(

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Bangladesh_genocide

Very under reported conflict in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

nixon is rotting in hell for what he did in Bangladesh and Kissinger will join him

Zero sympathy. gently caress them along with everyone who enabled us policy

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

dk2m posted:

Don’t you think we should listen to the country that is actually supposedly imminently about to be invaded go “guys pls stop, you’re actually making this worse”?

Ukraine has never at any point said NATO is making things worse. They took some issue with this hurting morale, but they much rather have us taking the situation seriously (and giving them guns and money) as opposed to not.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Ukraine needs to continue the tradition where at least once a century, a european dictator tries to invade Russia and gets their rear end handed to them.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Ukraine needs to continue the tradition where at least once a century, a european dictator tries to invade Russia and gets their rear end handed to them.

Yeah but it's winter right now what could go wrong

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah but it's winter right now what could go wrong

The timing is perfect because that's when the other two guys tried to invade.

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here
Oh no my trip to Moldova

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Yaldabaoth posted:

Maybe Finland should do it. Last time Russia invaded them they did the whole winter thing in reverse. Maybe they are immune.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Weka posted:

Lol you are the person who thought the USSR existed during the Balkans genocides in the 90s. Also if I was receiving a Russian paycheck it would more likely be coming from the SVR. You don't even know what the FSB is.

You seem to be pretty mad. Like someone who got called out. Am I bothering you at work? Are you currently posting from St. Petersburg?

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

Oh no my trip to Moldova

Lol

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Thanks, friend. I will read up on this.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Betty Wight posted:

You seem to be pretty mad. Like someone who got called out. Am I bothering you at work? Are you currently posting from St. Petersburg?

No I'm just dismissive of somebody who doesn't know when the USSR dissolved telling me I don't know about geopolitics. You may notice my long winded informative posts to people who aren't morons and are posting in good faith.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i think nato should strategically deploy a big banana peel to putin’s palace in hopes he slips on it and gets embarrassed and forgets about the whole “stationing 100,000 troops on the border” thing

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if i were ukraine right now i'd take some of those donated weapons and just smack the poo poo out of some random small innocent country nearby. estonia or bulgaria or something. just completely level their cities and salt their fields and all that. its the last thing putin would expect. plus its a requirement to join nato

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 27, 2022

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

ukraine is being jumped into nato this is a hazing thing

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
is ukraine gonna have a war or what im consumin corporate media here'!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

They need to hurry up and invade Russia. Pretty much every major NATO country has, I think it's basically a requirement for membership. Spain, you're on shakey ground.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

bruh liberal twitter is a dumpster fire, 4 years of Russiagating really broke liberal brains when it comes to anything about Russia didnt

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

Weka posted:

They need to hurry up and invade Russia. Pretty much every major NATO country has, I think it's basically a requirement for membership. Spain, you're on shakey ground.

poo poo, maybe Ukraine is going to make a big push into Donbass. America is shipping anti bunker rockets.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...RgB8USbFb3SI480

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

why are there so many people on sa who love to suck poo poo out of putin's rear end in a top hat

does it really taste so good

dk2m
May 6, 2009

ChubbyChecker posted:

why are there so many people on sa who love to suck poo poo out of putin's rear end in a top hat

does it really taste so good

the pay and benefits are pretty good

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
people i have this under control

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Xaintrailles posted:

Thanks, friend. I will read up on this.

For sure, there are people on both sides of my family that died during 71 war after Indira Gandhi defied US calls to stay out of the genocide as Nixon was materially supporting the perpetrators and to say they're still bitter about it is an understatement. Hearing the atrocities committed first hand actually brought me to tears

The USSR was an ally for the third world in ways that is hard for Americans to really appreciate and that sentiment still exists today

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

dk2m posted:

For sure, there are people on both sides of my family that died during 71 war after Indira Gandhi defied US calls to stay out of the genocide as Nixon was materially supporting the perpetrators and to say they're still bitter about it is an understatement. Hearing the atrocities committed first hand actually brought me to tears

The USSR was an ally for the third world in ways that is hard for Americans to really appreciate and that sentiment still exists today

yeah, except all those times when they themselves murdered countless people in the thirld world

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
ha ha, yeah

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

how goes the situation, or "sitch" as I have shortened it to

dk2m
May 6, 2009

ChubbyChecker posted:

yeah, except all those times when they themselves murdered countless people in the thirld world

Soemtimes the world is nuanced, and powers do both good and bad things. Being american is cool as hell and I love this country but being racially different with a foreign background has allowed me to experience both the best this place has to offer, along with the worst

It is both true that Russia has a high standing amongst my own people, while also it committing atrocities to other peoples, I'm just simply sharing my own experience with a POV that is fairly unusual

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

russia is gonna invade in 10 miuntes, i have an inside source

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

dk2m posted:

Soemtimes the world is nuanced, and powers do both good and bad things. Being american is cool as hell and I love this country but being racially different with a foreign background has allowed me to experience both the best this place has to offer, along with the worst

It is both true that Russia has a high standing amongst my own people, while also it committing atrocities to other peoples, I'm just simply sharing my own experience with a POV that is fairly unusual

Good post

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

agreed

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Y’all rule honestly and between the banter and disagreements it’s nice to know that everyone here is a good person fundamentally, sometimes a cspam poster will meltdown but that’s comedy baby!!!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Much like states, most people are both good and bad in varying degrees.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Weka posted:

Much like states, most people are both good and bad in solid, liquid or gas at varying degrees.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dk2m posted:

Y’all rule honestly and between the banter and disagreements it’s nice to know that everyone here is a good person fundamentally, sometimes a cspam poster will meltdown but that’s comedy baby!!!

im not a good person, you freakin nerd, eat my shorts!!!!!!:regd13:

Gresh posted:

bruh liberal twitter is a dumpster fire, 4 years of Russiagating really broke liberal brains when it comes to anything about Russia didnt

2016 broke so many brains on just about side of the political spectrum, I really don't know if we'll ever see the full extent of the damage.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

im not a good person, you freakin nerd, eat my shorts!!!!!!:regd13:

You're being a real Waluigi.

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
This satellite photo clearly shows Russia preparing to invade.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:eyepop:

Oh poo poo oh gently caress

I immediately regret my decision to fight alongside zippy

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Dandywalken posted:

all quiet. i made some veg soup with pasta. a homeless dog is warming my feet. Lyubov is working on the transmission. I'm thinking about moving first but the russians haven't ,oved yet and im not sure

dont tell them i posted this. think i might smoke another bowl and sleep for a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I've lowered the temperature in my apartment by one degree yesterday (we have gas heating) out of solidarity with Ukraine. Post what little things you have been doing to stand up to bullying and imperialism and support our friends in Ukraine 💪💪💪