Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

:eyepop:

Oh poo poo oh gently caress

I immediately regret my decision to fight alongside zippy

you won't hurt my feelings or anything. people do what they gotta do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

GABA ghoul posted:

I've lowered the temperature in my apartment by one degree yesterday (we have gas heating) out of solidarity with Ukraine. Post what little things you have been doing to stand up to bullying and imperialism and support our friends in Ukraine 💪💪💪

I’m watching John Wick

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

GABA ghoul posted:

I've lowered the temperature in my apartment by one degree yesterday (we have gas heating) out of solidarity with Ukraine. Post what little things you have been doing to stand up to bullying and imperialism and support our friends in Ukraine 💪💪💪

i have planted a nuke is seagal's rear end

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ChubbyChecker posted:

And not in the punani????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLe_BZ1mo3I

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
e: there are more pages than I thought

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

hell yeah, nuke their rear end take their gas

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The USSR was totally a friend to the global lower class, largely because I think they realized it was a great way to fight the capitalist status quo. Any time said global lower class decided they didn't like the soviets they had a pretty fair chance of having their own form of 'police actions' done on them. They also backed a ton of awful regimes.

It is an interesting perspective though. There's nobody around anymore that backs the sort of groups that the USSR did. Nobody cares to, or for that matter has anything to gain, by backing communist rebels anywhere.

So yeah like that rad cool guy said, seeing it as black and white for either side without nuance is dumb. I honestly, legitimately, think we'd be better off of the USSR hadn't collapsed though. I'll take a bipolar world with kinda-sorta criminal superpowers over a nasty clusterfuck. God the way things are going to, we're going to go from one democratic superpower and one communist one to everyone just being fascist through and through.

SRQ fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 27, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

SRQ posted:

The USSR was totally a friend to the global lower class, largely because I think they realized it was a great way to fight the capitalist status quo. Any time said global lower class decided they didn't like the soviets they had a pretty fair chance of having their own form of 'police actions' done on them. They also backed a ton of awful regimes.

It is an interesting perspective though. There's nobody around anymore that backs the sort of groups that the USSR did. Nobody cares to, or for that matter has anything to gain, by backing communist rebels anywhere.

So yeah like that rad cool guy said, seeing it as black and white for either side without nuance is dumb. I honestly, legitimately, think we'd be better off of the USSR hadn't collapsed though. I'll take a bipolar world with kinda-sorta criminal superpowers over a nasty clusterfuck. God the way things are going to, we're going to go from one democratic superpower and one communist one to everyone just being fascist through and through.

apart from russians all the other former ussr people are happier to not live in ussr anymore

world is better off without the soviet union

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I know people who grew up in the Baltics in the time of the USSR and no nice words have been said. To be fair, the oldest is late 40s, but there is a LOT of bad blood.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
still quiet here. i'll take a nap. the dog is still warming my feet

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

GABA ghoul posted:

buying skim milk instead of 2% this morning

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i hired a prostitute to suck my dick instead of sucking myself off. i am a job creator

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i hired a prostitute to suck my dick instead of sucking myself off. i am a job creator

For 50 rubles I’ll make you a worker too.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Flavahbeast posted:

This is 100% what would have happened in 2014 if Putin hadnt turned it into a shooting war, I dont think there's any going back to that timeline

A person thinks this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Imo NATO should just agree that Ukraine won't join like Russia claims it's all they want and then make mutual defense pacts between Ukraine and every country in NATO.

Maybe this idea is a little late because they already delivered a message to Russia yesterday saying they wouldn't promise that Ukraine won't join NATO at some point

Play fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 27, 2022

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Play posted:

Imo NATO should just agree that Ukraine won't join like Russia claims it's all they want and then make mutual defense pacts between Ukraine and every country in NATO.

Maybe this idea is a little late because they already delivered a message to Russia yesterday saying they wouldn't promise that Ukraine won't join NATO at some point

Is there any reason NATO can't just lie to Russia?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Can someone please explain this in star wars terms. Is russia the empire or is nato the empire? Who is jabba and how many parseks til a hoth style invasion??

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icochet posted:

Can someone please explain this in star wars terms. Is russia the empire or is nato the empire? Who is jabba and how many parseks til a hoth style invasion??

Russia is Obi Wan.
Ukraine is Anakin Skywalker.
Russia currently has the high ground.
The united states is the emperor.
NATO is C3PO.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Who are the liddle bear guys? Is it China?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Russia is Obi Wan.
Ukraine is Anakin Skywalker.
Russia currently has the high ground.
The united states is the emperor.
NATO is C3PO.

Assuming the above is accurate I hope russia rescues the younglings from ukraine, nato shuts the gently caress up, and USA stays dead

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Who are the liddle bear guys? Is it China?

The UK.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Is there any reason NATO can't just lie to Russia?

No not really. Just a loss of credibility I guess. And to make it credible Ukraine would have to believe it too which they wouldn't like

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Icochet posted:

They are both the empire. SA posters are Jabba.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The brain genius star wars writer behind "the hammer and the dance" has a new genius idea:

It is called "the hammer and the sickle"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Mooey Cow posted:

The brain genius star wars writer behind "the hammer and the dance" has a new genius idea:

does this mean that belarus is getting nato membership

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Hmm. The science looks good to me

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Incredible! Why This Wisconsin Mom Thinks Ukraine Belongs to Russia.

8 Reasons Why NATO Shouldn't Interfere in Russia's Territorial Ambitions.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

trying to figure out if this a d&d grooming thread or a c-spam grooming thread

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Mooey Cow posted:

Russia is right

OVER THERE :ocelot: :grin:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

hell astro course posted:

i don't think that mods have posted here yet

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

(scolding “let people enjoy things” voice) let russia invade ukraine

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

hell astro course posted:

Nobody in d&d or c-spam is grooming anyone, least of all themselves.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Nobody in d&d or c-spam is grooming anyone, least of all themselves.

get their rear end 😈

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

how it started:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1486781657520685058

how it's going:

https://twitter.com/MarquardtA/status/1486821462338064392

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 27, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SRQ posted:

I don't think it's accurate to call China fascist.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i thought the ground is already frozen and putin is just waiting for the olympics closing ceremony for traditional timing

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Earwicker posted:

i thought the ground is already frozen and putin is just waiting for the olympics closing ceremony for traditional timing

https://news.yahoo.com/mud-could-complicate-possible-russian-204712023.html

quote:

Ukraine tends to experience a hard winter freeze by January at the latest, but this year, the ground has yet to freeze in various parts of the country due to mild winter weather.

Frozen ground, which is neither ice nor mud, allows troops, as well as heavy military vehicles and equipment, to maneuver more easily. Mud, however, can cause heavy wheeled vehicles to loose traction, and even tracked vehicles like tanks can be affected if the mud goes deep enough.

US officials told The New York Times that there may be a limited window for an invasion, as muddy ground could lead Russian President Vladimir Putin to delay any planned ground offensive until February at the earliest. They added that he would likely need to act before the spring thaw in March, when the Russian military could face another muddy situation.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mooey Cow posted:

What's the argument here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

It says right there in the picture. What, you cant read a map?