Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I want to do my duty as a patriot and invest in some defense contractors, but unfortunately none of them sell nfts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just learned a new word today.

Also I'm gonna say it. Permaban me if you want....... war is bad. There. I had to speak my peace.

Take it to cspam pal, this is Global BloodShed.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

STABASS posted:

I want to do my duty as a patriot and invest in some defense contractors, but unfortunately none of them sell nfts...

It's worse, somehow.

Honeywell is now tracking 1 billion in Boeing parts on the blockchain
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...sh=6b2ad7b678bf

https://www.reuters.com/technology/boeing-wants-build-its-next-airplane-metaverse-2021-12-17/

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just learned a new word today.

Also I'm gonna say it. Permaban me if you want....... war is bad. There. I had to speak my peace.

I’d prefer no war, a united earth under a single hegemony. However sometimes it’s okay to fight against people doing bad things to ensure it isn’t normalized.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weka posted:

Take it to cspam pal, this is Global BloodShed.

I already got kicked out of there for my extremist views.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What's the actual reason that russia is thinking of going in? Purely "used to be ours, we want it back"?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
If Russia wants to fight Nazis, they should just invade the US instead.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ilmucche posted:

What's the actual reason that russia is thinking of going in? Purely "used to be ours, we want it back"?

everyone in russia has a tiny dick that doesn't work any more so bullying smaller nations around them makes them feel like a big man like when they beat johnny hitler years and years ago

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
My guess is if poo poo kicks off then russia takes the country but loses gently caress tons of men just holding it because it seems like ukranians rallied around the national ID hard after putin started poo poo. won't help when footage of russian war crimes hit the net or whatever. anyway NATO will dump money and weapons in and probably Deniable ops types. so yeah idk. it also might not kick off but that would make putin look weak and sunk cost is bitch.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
If this is all about a land bridge, why don't they just build some kind of tunnel or elevated motorway? They could put cool attractions along it, because I don't know what there is to do in Ukraine.

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
Looking forward to hearing the inevitable stories of goons joining Ukrainian militias as medics.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

If this is all about a land bridge, why don't they just build some kind of tunnel or elevated motorway? They could put cool attractions along it, because I don't know what there is to do in Ukraine.

Russia built a bridge. But Crimea gets all its water and is generally much easier and cheaper to support from the mainland - it's one of the reasons Russia didn't keep it when the USSR broke apart. Anyways Putin's popularity is on the downturn again.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 25, 2022

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ilmucche posted:

Putin is an authoritarian leader who is gradually becoming more and more unpopular. Russia is effectively a petro-state and oil has been low for the last 5 years. 2020 was especially bad for them for multiple reasons. Covid is killing a lot of people there because their vaccine, which was not that great in the first place, is ineffective against Delta & Omicron.

When leaders are under the pressure of being unpopular they frequently look for a war to distract people with.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Darse posted:

Looking forward to hearing the inevitable stories of goons joining Ukrainian militias as medics.

Followed by body armour and bottled water GoFund Me?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Betty Wight posted:

I’d prefer no war, a united earth under a single hegemony. However sometimes it’s okay to fight against people doing bad things to ensure it isn’t normalized.

Whose hegemony?
America doesn't go to war to help people but naked self interest of it's ruling classes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

why is no one ever worried about Mekraine

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope US invades Ukraine first, it'll be like watching a fight between two drunk senile old men :munch:

Mumbling Nuggets
Jan 14, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

SRQ posted:

c'mon guys make up your mind, i'm askin. I got to decide whether or not I want to take this vacation to the Donbass and I need to know. Vlad? Vlad you gonna fire up the tanks or what? C'mon, I gotta know to invest in uranium futures or not.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzHwD9xiqM

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

why is no one ever worried about Mekraine

The Ukraine is joke to you?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope US invades Ukraine first, it'll be like watching a fight between two drunk senile old men :munch:

yeah I'm not real sure that's exactly how that'd pan out

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

GABA ghoul posted:

The Ukraine is joke to you?
its just Ukraine

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

russia has presented demands that no country can actually fulfill and just this morning appears to be sending the national guard to the border. neither of those things really suggest a peaceful outcome

https://twitter.com/girkingirkin/status/1485930045860458496?s=21

if people don’t want to gently caress with russia because it’s big and ukraine doesn’t matter to them, comp to that position without pretending that ukraine stole russia’s lunch money or whatever

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God I hope so

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Sorry everyone, the war is cancelled. Instead there will be a 10-day competition to determine who has the biggest dick/largest boobs, and whoever wins will be the new president/lady president of Earth.

Weka
May 5, 2019

QuoProQuid posted:

russia has presented demands that no country can actually fulfill and just this morning appears to be sending the national guard to the border. neither of those things really suggest a peaceful outcome

https://twitter.com/girkingirkin/status/1485930045860458496?s=21

if people don’t want to gently caress with russia because it’s big and ukraine doesn’t matter to them, comp to that position without pretending that ukraine stole russia’s lunch money or whatever

What are the demands?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Weka posted:

What are the demands?

theyre demanding ps5 games but no one can fulfill this demand because ps5 has no games.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mooey Cow posted:

Sorry everyone, the war is cancelled. Instead there will be a 10-day competition to determine who has the biggest dick/largest boobs, and whoever wins will be the new president/lady president of Earth.

Girls can't be president

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DrPlump posted:

Girls can't be president

thats why he said lady president idiot

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Weka posted:

What are the demands?

putin wants one hundred million first edition charizard foil pokemon cards

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Weka posted:

What are the demands?

in addition to the latest and greatest PS5 games, they want to dismantle all troop presence east of germany, dictate who can and cannot be in NATO (explicitly prohibiting ukraine forever), and prohibit any country in the former USSR from working with NATO

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Weka posted:

What are the demands?

Biden has to eat a live worm on public television and it has to be an earthworm or no deal

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SRQ posted:

[The nazi problem would also probably be easier to fix if Russia hadn't turned the border into a zone of anarchy and was putting pressure at every level, almost as if this was a purposeful effort to sap the governments legitimacy so they could annex more territory hmmmmmm]

Other ways of stopping the Nazi problem: have the American government stop giving Ukrainian Nazis money

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Klyith posted:

Covid is killing a lot of people there because their vaccine, which was not that great in the first place, is ineffective against Delta & Omicron.

Didn't their troll farms also gently caress up and spill back over into Russia from the US and now there is a significant cohort of Russian antivaxers spouting Russian troll farm facebook talking points?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Business Gorillas posted:

Other ways of stopping the Nazi problem: have the American government stop giving Ukrainian Nazis money

Are the 'Nazis' in Ukraine interested in keeping Ukraine independent?
Are they pro-NATO?

If so, it would seem better to keep Ukraine independent and become a NATO ally and then deal with their internal social issues rather than stop supporting the country and allow Russia to annex them and gain territory, etc.
If not, and the 'Nazis' and majority of people within Ukraine want to reintegrate with Russia and denounce NATO alliance, then they should be free to do that.

Both are lovely prospects, and the first is definitely a Devil's bargain. But, perhaps if we're able to dangle the carrot of support while holding the stick of 'if you don't make social reforms we stop protecting you at any time and you're on your own', we can make progress in that area. Perhaps I'm being far too hopeful. I don't know.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

all of this land belongs to the great khan and is neither russia nor ukraine's to poach

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Man I hope Ukraine doesn't have a war. They are like about 10 on the list places I ever think about. 9 is like Slovenia, 5 is Mauritania just for an idea.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
All the dumb stuff of revolution without any of the cool communist poo poo.

hrmph

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

All the dumb stuff of revolution without any of the cool communist poo poo.

hrmph

The banality of evil, really.

Its like being randomly killed by some nobody dipshit. Its gotta feel bad.

Biden is the last person I want getting me nuked.

Putin is loving tracksuit compared to like Khrushchev

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Wasn't there some stuff about securing the territory so a natural gas pipeline could be built for export; making billions of $$$ for Russian industrialists (Putin and friends)? Or was that the last annexation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Internetjack posted:

Wasn't there some stuff about securing the territory so a natural gas pipeline could be built for export; making billions of $$$ for Russian industrialists (Putin and friends)? Or was that the last annexation?

This sounds like the talk of a mad person