Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BasicLich posted:

i'll have you all know that dry january is a psyop against the russians, who celebrate the new year by being blotto all day for weeks so they're barely even awake right now

I just learned a new word today.

Also I'm gonna say it. Permaban me if you want....... war is bad. There. I had to speak my peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weka posted:

Take it to cspam pal, this is Global BloodShed.

I already got kicked out of there for my extremist views.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

spotted the guy with no shares in Lockheed Martin!!!

I put it all in bitcoin. :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: nm :)

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 26, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EorayMel posted:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Potato.

Potato who?

Please open door. Is cold outside.

That's my favorite one. I heard them as Latvian jokes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There was another one that I'm butchering but it was something like.

Knock knock.

Who there?

Two potato.

Premise ridiculous. No one have two potato.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gresh posted:

we just got thrown out of Afghanistan so America is overdue for another war to get their asses kicked in plus America wants revenge on Russia for getting bitched slapped in Syria too

Yeah it's been too long. We need to fight something and quick.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This is a good smilie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Regarde Aduck posted:

So you don't think it's anything to do with an antagonistic alliance (NATO) literally being on their borders? Nothing to do with a buffer state no longer being a buffer state? It'd be fine if China and Canada made a deal to just buildup on the Canada/US border?

Hey remember when a central European power literally tried to takeover and genocide Russia? Russia hasn't.

How much of a simpleton do you have to be to think Ukraine has anything Russia wants? The gently caress is wrong with you people. This is posturing between two powers, Nato vs Russia, and neither wants to back down and neither is entirely to blame for this shitshow. Grow the gently caress up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

wish more countries would elect ripped martial artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKQRBfH6dw

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Colonel Cancer posted:

Trump was an accomplished martial artist, why he even once knocked out a guy in a real wrestling ring

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah. I'm kinda hoping for nothing to happen. Like a sane compassionate person.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Omg it's happening!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weka posted:

Good as in effective, sure. Good as in moral, well...

The war in Georgia was to support the breakaway republics of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, who don't want to be part of Georgia and have claimed independence since the breakup of the USSR.
The majority of people in Crimea have voted repeatedly in support of independence from Ukraine.
The Donbass however is another story, where most people seem to want to be part of Ukraine.

Obviously Putin didn't enter these conflicts out of the goodness of his heart, but it's harder to criticize military actions in support of self determination.

Glad to see our Russian friends are honorable liberators.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You can ethnic cleanse a little, as a treat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:psyduck:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: gently caress it

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 31, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GABA ghoul posted:

Lol, the Russian army descended into pure barbarism during the Chechnya wars, turned an entire city into rubble and committed countless massive war crimes. Their campaign in Syria is a series of war crimes(including intentionally bombing hospitals, schools and markets). Also helping to cover up Assad's nerve gas attack on civilians. Or letting their Nazi mercenary forces loose on the population.

But did you know that other countries do bad things too? Therefore Russia has every right to do those things.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That's all pretty interesting. Is that documentary available to view?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Icochet posted:

This should all be settled in the boofer zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Uncle Enzo posted:

Sorry this is where we have to part ways, I know this is tough for Americans to admit. We hate our military industrial complex, we have bloated overpriced vaporware... but the Abrams is actually a really loving good tank. It's already been up against some pretty decent Russian stuff and it ate them alive.

They're probably referring to our love of expensive dumb poo poo like the F-35 program.