Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
You know the one

Back in the day this was usually the sign of box with art worth looking at. The games could be hit or miss, but honestly, I think most of the time these games were great example of how you don't have to actually be better than the rest so long as you have more fun doing it.

Bring back Weaponlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

sticksy posted:

What about Eternal Darkness on GameCube where you had a sanity meter and blood starts running down the walls when it’s low?

I don't think Eternal Darkness counts. We're talkin about embracing that insanity here. In Eternal Darkness, you're a scared little dipshit trying not to go insane as you go through some house. In Splatterhouse, they take your girl, and you're a scared little dipshit, so you put on a mask that turns you into a brutal shitwrecker that just kills whatever wrongs you. We're talkin over the top cartoony Twisted Metal bullshit here baby!!!!! Carmaggeddon AND Quarantine

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Well, if you wait long enough, eventually something does come around. There was a splatterhouse remake too, it just wasn't very good. I think of MadWorld as also fitting the bill, and Stranger of Paradise is pretty much a must buy as a Nioh fan here. There's just something very like uhh.. bear with this description, but I think you'll understand- "Reaching too hard to be Todd McFarlane". I dunno what it is about it. Depending on where they go with it I might just get exactly that