Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
https://i.imgur.com/LyVGALL.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
im not :twisted:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That is such a great FUCKIN' movie.
For some reason autocorrect put that in all caps and I will abide.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I heard the third one is significantly better than the second one, c/d?

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Hard confirm

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yes. And outside of a tacked-on ending, it's probably as good or better than the first one.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ok will rent

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Police Boys Club lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

And if you need more George C Scott horror in your life, make sure you pick up "The Changeling" as well.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
It's a very good movie, but it could use more tap-dancing. That's what the second movie had to make it stand out among horror movies.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
Last poster in thread is the killer

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
wot is da movie

(for da uninformed)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Bula Vinaka posted:

wot is da movie

(for da uninformed)

Exorcist III

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Exorcist 3

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

William Peter Blatty handled the first and third film's screenplays. Delivered by Scott, it's riveting as hell.

Also gonna recommend The Exorcist novel. Despite entire portions being copy/pasted into the film, it's far less about the exorcism than Karras attempting to rationalize everything he's experiencing using (then) modern psychology.

gently caress, I'm gonna go track down Legion. I bet it's good.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Thanks, I have to watch that again, I don't remember that line, or scene.

Changling is good, watched that recently.

Also check out Hardcore, Paul Schrader's second film. According to IMDB trivia, George C. Scott got so pissed at him that he said he'd only finish the film if Schrader promised that he would never make another movie again.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Wish someone would drain every drop of blood from my body and store it neatly next to me in a few plastic medical bottles. Some guys have all the luck.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
It's my favorite horror movie. It's VERY good.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Das Boo posted:

William Peter Blatty handled the first and third film's screenplays. Delivered by Scott, it's riveting as hell.

Also gonna recommend The Exorcist novel. Despite entire portions being copy/pasted into the film, it's far less about the exorcism than Karras attempting to rationalize everything he's experiencing using (then) modern psychology.

Legion is really good. A lot of the book is from Detective Kinderman's POV as he tries to make sense of the crime and real world atrocities while he attempts to balance an equation where a higher being might exist. I enjoyed it, anyway.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
If you know you know :twisted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

*whispers* uhh thomas was the child victim of a racist hate crime in a church

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
yeah this movie kicks rear end

That's Sam L Jackson right there in the dark glasses. This dream sequence also has Patrick Ewing and Fabio.

I bet you didn't know that SLJ, Patrick Ewing, and Fabio were in a brilliant Exorcist movie.

It's the smiles that keep us going, don'tcha think?

Das Boo posted:

Read this a few years ago and really enjoyed it. One scene that stuck with me was Father Merrin, before heading to DC, chilling in a garden, or so it seems, because what he's really doing is saying goodbye to the birds and grass and stuff because he knows he's facing certain death by confronting Pazuzu.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

And if you need more George C Scott horror in your life, make sure you pick up "The Changeling" as well.

That's one of the most overrated movies ever, and the big scary scene is legit hilarious

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
All good horror movies are hilarious

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
The reason the first Exorcist movie is so much better than any of the other ones is the movie's editing. All film students should study it. All kinds of off putting subliminal stuff and conveyance of stuff happening over a long period of time. None of the sequels, recent or older, did anything like it.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Wizard Master posted:

If you know you know :twisted:

one of the best shots in any horror movie or maybe movies in general

the tension and the small things are so masterful. The cop there in the back casually getting to respond to another cop is this removal of a sense of security from the scene and it just goes forward from there

it's wonderfull

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
this movie hosed me UP as a kid because of the ceiling/scissors lady and also introduced me to the amazing brad dourif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The movie also featured Carl "Oldy" Olsen (real name: William Preston) for a few seconds.