Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Elephant Ambush posted:

For some reason in that clip they silently bleeped out the F. No idea why.

They're legally bound to censoring that, watch the mega powers promo.

Stealing people's trademarks and losing lawsuits over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Elephant Ambush posted:

For some reason in that clip they silently bleeped out the F. No idea why.

WWE bought WCW and their entire library in 2001. Many years ago there was a court injunction on behalf of the world wildlife fund that severely restricted WWE's use of the initials WWF so it was largely scrubbed from their library.

E:

MrQwerty posted:

They're legally bound to censoring that, watch the mega powers promo.

Stealing people's trademarks and losing lawsuits over it.

As far as i remember products from before 1998 were exempt so they should have been ok leaving it untouched but better safe than sorry i guess?

titties fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 21, 2022

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They lost the F on a legal technicality, unlike Booker who lost the T in a match.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Haha jfc I forgot all about the World Wildlife Fund debacle

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

What was the World Wildlife Fund debacle?

titties
May 10, 2012

Hollismason posted:

What was the World Wildlife Fund debacle?

The wwf (world wildlife fund) was a thing way before the wwf (world wrestling federation) was incorporated in the 80's.

For a while the world wildlife fund was willing to let slide the fact that their branding was being co-opted but after enough sexual assault and drug allegations were made against the world wrestling federation, the world wildlife fund thought some distance might be good so they approached Vince and reached some agreements about how he could use the initials wwf.

Vince skirted the agreement so much that about 4 years later the world wildlife fund took it to court (in like Sweden and England for some reason?) and got Vince in trouble so he acted like a big baby and did a Benoit tribute to most mentions of the initials.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

The WWF having to scrub all references to “Federation” has the hilarious side effect of making Mick Foley’s first book go from him cutting promos for the Federation belt in the hardback to cutting promos for the Entertainment belt in the paperback (or at least the version I got a couple years ago, no clue which printing it is) and it is hilarious. A great use of find/replace.

titties
May 10, 2012

A Real Horse posted:

The WWF having to scrub all references to “Federation” has the hilarious side effect of making Mick Foley’s first book go from him cutting promos for the Federation belt in the hardback to cutting promos for the Entertainment belt in the paperback (or at least the version I got a couple years ago, no clue which printing it is) and it is hilarious. A great use of find/replace.

They could and can still say world wrestling federation. It's specific uses of the initials "WWF" and the attitude-era scratch logo that are forbidden.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
get the f out

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

were there any other guys other than (I think?) Chilly Willy in ECW whose schtick was being announced as hailing from whatever city they were currently wrestling in?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Supreme Allah posted:

get the f out

Yeah, I remember that poo poo when they lost the court thingy.

titties posted:

r the world wildlife fund took it to court (in like Sweden and England for some reason?)

I think we both know the answer to this.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
tbh I don't understand how the World Wildlife Fund had a leg to stand on

to me that's like Monster.com and Monster Energy Drink suing each other
like... they're not in the same business. no one was confused about this

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Cubone posted:

They should have called themselves the WWWF: World Wide Wildlife Fund

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

titties posted:

They could and can still say world wrestling federation. It's specific uses of the initials "WWF" and the attitude-era scratch logo that are forbidden.

That definitely makes it even funnier.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sports entertainment

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
The nonsense around it is why I constantly alternate between WWF and WWE. Because I don't care.

Also, this discussion about religion in wrestling reminds me of something. You might recall in this WCW post I mentioned the failure of having the power metal band KISS play on Nitro and how it resulted in the Kiss Demon gimmick and how supposedly Bischoff was going so squirrelly under the pressure of losing the Monday Night Wars that he allegedly thought that doing a Millennium Eve PPV which would be a WCW show followed by a KISS concert would be a good idea. Well, according to some, this idea went even further with the "Kiss Demon" actually being portrayed as a positive force, against the 'evil demon darkness' opposition of semi-famous luchador Vampiro and his minions, the infamous rap group Insane Clown Posse (who were, and still are? I don't know, GIANT wrestling fans/marks and made appearances in WWF and WCW in the late 90's, as well as having their own indy federation where they would wrestle in garbage matches), and that the PPV of WCW/Kiss would end a plot between these forces by throwing Vampiro and the ICP into a pool of holy water which would lead to the three emerging "cleansed" and reborn as 'benevolent darkness".

I have absolutely no idea if there is any truth to such a story (let alone if I'm not getting a detail or three or seven wrong), but again, when you're as badly run as WCW was, even the dumbest things sound plausible. And ICP supposedly did claim that their first six music albums were a big allegory for God, so...maybe someone should ask one of them.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Elephant Ambush posted:

TWENTY TWO?!?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QubGv9tlVs

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think vince didnt really care about losing the F because he hates wrestling anyway and it gave him a good excuse to stick the word entertainment in there

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtaGmMClcnc

rick rude was the man

https://twitter.com/VollmayerOnFire/status/1484682243473817602?cxt=HHwWhICy6cuo05opAAAA

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This is amazing.

Post more wrestling gifs and clips I say. Cause goddamn is that good.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Slick is the Jivest soul bro ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypriog7h2OQ

Also, watching this on SNME was dope as gently caress and everyone was talking about it in school the next Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcMZRy4yNI

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Hollismason posted:

This is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrYf2NX5APc

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Roddy Piper knew the other meaning of WWF, but it's not very nice to repeat.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Hollismason posted:

This is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJHXy0IeFg

Be careful what you wish for.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Lol who did the Black Scorpion turn out to be

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Lol who did the Black Scorpion turn out to be

Ric Flair

lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

This is amazing.

https://twitter.com/tamaruhiroshi/status/1504007943343071232?s=20&t=Jnh6Z3pdFlXa5tdnIl2gGQ

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ric Flair

lmao

Yeah.

See, the problem was, WCW had no real challengers to the newly crowned face WCW Champion Sting, except...Ric Flair, who Sting had already been feuding with for months. Their solution? Literally invent a challenger. The idea was that the dialogue would hint that he was Jim Hellwig, the Ultimate Warrior, who Sting had worked with in their first year in the business as a tag team called the Blade Runners, and fans would go "Wow, maybe he's going to switch companies!" The actual idea was to bring in some guy that Sting had also teamed briefly with, I think his name was Al and he wrestled under the name of "The Dark Angel" and this could be used as a delaying thing until they got some better heels. Except they didn't get better heels, so the Black Scorpion thing got dragged out and hence inflated in importance when they now had no one to actually BE the Scorpion and if they made it some random guy named Al no one would have a clue who that was and the whole thing would end in a giant wet fart. Ultimately WCW got backed into a corner as the Black Scorpion ended up being a huge angle that spanned the whole year and by the end had Black Scorpion literally doing 'evil magic tricks' like making audience members disappear and turning them into tigers. I am not joking, so obviously it HAD to be someone BIG, even if it made absolutely zero sense. So Flair volunteered to be stuck with the role and unmasked as the Scorpion, and WCW immediately stopped talking about it as soon as that happened and pretended it never happened. So it ended in a giant wet stinking fart anyway.

It was the 90's, spinning huge complicated tales without a clue on how they were going to end was in. X-Files, anyone?

And now, fan shouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANXV-11UsW8

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 22, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pentyne posted:

All these wrestling clips have played hell with my YT algorithm but it lead to me seeing this great clip that seemed to perfectly sum up WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBATjbsWTc

For some reason that has Simpsons gag vibes.

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's how WWF/WWE has done commentary since the 90s. They barely talk about the match currently going on and just try to hype up the main event. It's annoying as gently caress and super disrespectful and it's yet another reason I stopped watching their trash product.

IIRC it was mentioned before that they've literally got Vince in their earpieces telling them what to say all the time now.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Those fan shouts are classic.

But man do they all sound like the same guy almost

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

For some reason that has Simpsons gag vibes.

IIRC it was mentioned before that they've literally got Vince in their earpieces telling them what to say all the time now.

That's been the case since Vince stopped being a commentator right after the Montreal screwjob. And it's been made even more obvious by JR's commentary in AEW being a lot more natural because he's being himself instead of repeating what Vince tells him to say.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

drat Snuka really murdered that girl.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7X_x0Xsjx4

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
...ah, it's because it's something that you'd expect to happen to Krusty the Clown, that's it. Though one of my favourite running gags is anything to do with live entertainment inevitably having blunders.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

"THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL"

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

lmao this kicks rear end

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Cubone posted:

There was a negotiated agreement between the two in 1994 where World Wrestling Federation agreed (among other things) to not use "WWF" in broadcasts.

The 2000 lawsuit leading to the name change was after Vince decided to ignore that and was about whether the 1994 agreement was enforceable, not a from-first-principles trademark dispute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

As you may have guessed, I am far, far from the first to analyze the events that led to the Montreal Screwjob. There have been all sorts, including people who claim to this day that it was all a giant work and that Bret was sent to WCW as some sort of poison pill or something. This is nonsense on several levels, but that never stopped a good conspiracy theory. And while there were numerous people who were only tangentially involved with the incident (Jim Cornette, Vince Russo, Triple H, Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, even Earl Hebner in a sense), in the end the Screwjob hinged on three men, the two in the ring and one outside of it. So, who’s to blame the most for the Screwjob?

BRET HART

The least obvious and yet most obvious perpetrator. After all, it was done solely because of his choices. The argument revolves around, in the end, that Bret Drank His Own Flavor Aid just like the likes of Hogan and Flair. He got too far up his own butt about his idea of being a ‘hero’ to the people who came to see him. He forgot what wrestling was. Even if you divorce all the many, many scumfuck aspects of it from it, it’s a business. Things are Done A Certain Way. And one of those things is, if you’re leaving, you go out on your back. And if you make a stink about it? Then don’t be surprised if you get fully poo poo on in turn. Bret forgot the days when his ever growing family was living hand to mouth as his father did his best to get Stampede Wrestling up and running at a fraction of what it had been like during its glory days, when his father was doing everything to get his business working for him. That’s what it was. A business. If you’d pulled his father through the decades and put him in Vince’s shoes, Stu Hart would have done the same thing. As Vince infamously said in an interview, Bret Screwed Bret.

And maybe, oh maybe, this might have a lot more merit and weight to it, if not for the fact that I keep bringing up: BRET DIDN’T WANT TO LEAVE.

None of this happened due to anything Bret did. He didn’t decide that WCW would be greener pastures after 1997 saw a fair bit of character assassination and the endless nonsense of Michael Hickenbottom, like Michael’s friends Hall and Nash did. He didn’t even voice such a concept, because as far as I know, he never felt it. You can call Bret ‘childish’ and that he ‘took the business too seriously’, but anything that results in such loyalty, even in the face of full financial security, should never be dismissed. Which brings up the other point.

Whether Bret had it placed in his contract himself, or his contract people put it in on a general basis or because it was what was done or whatever, Bret still had his last month creative control clause. If you don’t want that sort of ‘trouble’, then one should say something in negotiations. And if you’re now going “Wait, why would they have trouble with a purely theorized happening?”, then you’re starting to understand that there is a lot of bad faith here. Opposing such a clause raises suspicion that such a clause would cause trouble to people, and anything in that vein that causes trouble is suspect. It’s Vince and co’s own drat fault for ending up in that Catch-22.

There’s some blame for Bret for the Montreal Screwjob, but it’s minimal. I think I can say this even if I consider my extreme bias. Others may analyze it differently.

VINCE MCMAHON

The most blatantly obvious example.

Let’s remove all the nasty hearsay theorizing around the event, like how the WWF might not have been in as dire straits as it seemed; one claim is that after upping the price of its ‘lesser month’ PPVs, then known as “In Your House”, from $19.95 to $29.95, the WWF was again profitable and could have paid Bret’s whole contract, even if they had to delay some payment. And of course, my constant assessment that Vince is a pure psychopath who can’t trust his own family let alone any employee and sees loyalty as a sucker’s game, because barring a small lifetime of study and mind reading abilities, I cannot say that is true in any remotely solid way. Let’s be wholly fair to Vince.

Vince did not know that the second boom period was right around the corner. The price raise might have been seen as solely a way to staunch the bleeding. He may have looked at all the expenses, and ultimately just settled on the biggest: Bret Hart’s 20 year contract for a collective sum of 10 million dollars. And while maybe he could trust Bret to not turn up on WCW with the WWF belt, he couldn’t take the chance that Bischoff would come out and say something, especially if Bret being unable to contact him is true. And even IF Bret had been able to get ahold of him and extract a promise, why on Earth would Vince trust the word of Eric Bischoff? The man who had stolen Vince’s whole dirty playbook, so Vince knew full well what was in it?

If Bret was going to utilize his creative control clause in this situation…then what choice did Vince have then to do what he had to do? Because he couldn’t be sure, and it was his business on the line?

Well…he could have just not booked Shawn Michaels to wrestle Bret in the first place. Or removed him from the match when it was clear that Bret wasn’t going to change his mind. Or taken one of Bret’s other offers and taken the hit to the PPV revenue. Really, like too many businessmen, Vince tried to have his cake and eat it too, even considering the nature of the beast that is ‘business’.

But I’m pretty sure you’ve already clued in as to whom I blame primarily for the Screwjob, because he’s the one that forced the issue in the first place.

SHAWN MICHAELS

History is so strange. Or maybe people are just too fond of simplicity. I remember reading an Archie comic in my youth where the boys, angry at Jughead for giving advice to women on how to manipulate men, called him, besides the word “Traitor”, which I knew, “Mata Hari” and “You Benedict Arnold, you!” I had no idea who those two people were, and of course, when I found out, they were just listed as infamous traitors.

I didn’t find out until decades later that of those so called greatest of traitors, akin to Judas and Brutus, that Arnold basically got repeatedly hosed out of credit for his accomplishments (do the names Ethan Allen or Horatio Gates ring a bell? I doubt it) and finally got rebuked by Washington in a classic hypocritical switch-flip/pile on over how he was behaving in Philadelphia (basically, when the British controlled the area, they partied a bunch with the Philadelphia elite, and when Arnold came in as overseer when the U.S took the city, he began doing so as well, so under that logic, Arnold had Pro-British sentiments and therefore many people protested him without asking questions. History man, nothing’s new, it just repeats over and over) that made him make a snap bad decision that he ended up regretting for the rest of his life. And at least he DID commit treason: Mata Hari just plain got railroaded by false accusations that were likely rooted primarily in some weird French viewpoint on sex that she needed to be punished for sleeping with German officers during the first World War. Yet their names ended up shorthand for treachery; better choices would have been Vidkun Quisling or Pierre Laval (and really, since Jesus was MEANT to die, does this mean that Judas actually WAS a traitor?) So, it’s pretty fitting that the Montreal Screwjob tends to focus so much on Bret Hart and Vince McMahon, the real cause is the somewhat-in-the-background third man.

Seriously, how is the Montreal Screwjob NOT Shawn’s fault? EVERYTHING stems from his actions. His constant politicking backstage. His need to stir the pot. If you believe Bret, his terrible insecurity and how that seemed to drive him to act this way, even if it wasn’t in his best interest. And if you believe Bret’s story about their private conversation, Bret spoke to him, man to man, and gave his word, even with his dislike of Shawn’s act, and Shawn couldn’t live up to his side. This isn’t even counting the aspects of things like how Shawn would want Bret gone so he could get the big money feud with Austin, let alone the fact that Shawn was an expert in getting in Vince’s ear and Bret was the one person who always saw through his poo poo, and with his Clique friends off to WCW, cutting his influence, he needed every advantage he could get.

There’s much made of Bret’s dislike of Shawn’s ‘male stripper’ act, and how he and the smut and nonsense of the Attitude Era would have been like oil and water with him, but as Bret himself said, he never denied anyone the chance to make money. Bret’s choice had nothing to do with DX, or the Attitude Era, or Shawn shaking his butt. It had everything to do with Shawn’s Sunny Days comment, or him going around saying he wouldn’t be doing any jobs to anyone, and generally Shawn waving his dick in everyone’s face and daring someone to do something about it.

So Bret did.

In another universe where the backstage fight in June prompted Shawn to get an early dose of the self-awareness and introspection that he professes to have now, where Shawn at LEAST kept his mouth shut and at least FEIGNED being professional, there would have been no Montreal problem. I do think Bret would have dropped the belt, shaken Michael’s hand, and moved on to WCW, giving him the rub despite Shawn’s earlier poo poo, even if it had been in Canada. Of course, we wouldn’t have gotten the expected snowball effect that the Screwjob caused, but considering we’re talking about pure hypotheticals that never happened, you could always just assume it would occur in some other way.

Shawn, despite supposedly acknowledging how much of a POS he was back in those days, still maintains that when it came to Montreal, he did what he felt he had to do. Never mind that it was what ‘he had to do’ because of his own drat rear end in a top hat actions. It’s why I have always doubted the sincerity behind Michaels’ alleged reform stemming from his religious awakening; it may have helped him defeat his drug problems, and his second marriage has lasted over twenty years, which is not something I think the 1990’s Shawn could even have come close to accomplishing, and I’m not saying he’s LYING. I just think part of it is realization and part of it is learning to hide his bad habits better. Believe me, if he HAD fully come to realize what he’d done, there’s a few matches where I think he should have done the job after his unexpected 2002 return. Then again, I never met the man. I could be full of poo poo, or hell, overflowing with it. It’s just a personal observation; if Michael Shawn Hickenbottom really did fully acknowledge all his past failings, he’d see that it really should be called the Michaels Screwjob, because he screwed everything up to the point where too many people felt it was needed.

----

And of course, there’s the point that I feel that oddly, so many people miss. The point that makes people say Bret was too up his own rear end, then and now, over the circumstances that led to the Screwjob, that he took it way too personally, that he tried to make a mountain out of a plateau, or more comical mindsets like cracking jokes that Bret was going to arrange a Million Canadian’s March to protest the historical injustice of the Screwjob.

The thing about the Screwjob's legacy and how it makes people perceive Bret Hart is, it really has very little to do with the actual events in Montreal. It has everything to do with the death of Owen Hart, Bret’s little brother.

By choosing such a way to get the belt off of Bret, Bret left the WWE on very bad terms. So bad that his brothers in law Davey Boy and Neidhart broke their own contracts to go with him to WCW. Leaving Owen alone in the WWF; who knows why he chose to stay, but I’m sure he had his reasons. Such a nasty exit likely meant that Bret felt that he should avoid contact with Owen outside of family things, because any rumor or whisper that he was talking to his brother, no matter how innocent, might make Owen’s employed life harder. Bret wasn’t just shoved out of the WWF, and his legacy immediately pissed on for being such a ‘pain in the rear end’, but he also had a gulf formed between him and Owen. One that might not have been there if things had been different. Maybe Owen would have brought up to Bret the stunt that the WWF wanted him to perform in mid 1999. I suspect Bret would have advised against it. Or maybe not. We’ll never know.

But I would wager money that Bret, to this day, blames himself for pseudo-abandoning Owen, leaving him vulnerable to the situation that led to his tragic death. Even worse, in the early 90’s Owen was supposedly getting tired of the business and was ready to quit and become a fireman, only for Bret to convince him to stay, mainly so Owen could play the heel foil to him in the angle that would define Owen’s career. In a world where Owen went with Bret to WCW, or just got hit by a car driven by a drunk driver and died, the Screwjob would have ceased to matter to Bret much sooner then it did. Because really, as nasty as it was, there was nothing in it that could not be ‘taken back’, one way or another. Not so with the loss of a brother, and under such stupid circumstances.

And just to make it worse, the sheer stupid nature of Owen’s death rippled through the dysfunction and issues that ran through the Hart family and more or less cracked the scars and wounds wide open, tearing the family apart between those who supported Bret and Owen’s widow and those who basically supported Vince, likely for the sake of possible jobs or payouts. And just to pile it on, Helen would only outlive her son by a few years; 9/11 would indirectly claim her life, as the many grounded flights kept her from being able to access her insulin, which started a chain of consequences that led to her death less than two months later at the age of 77. Helen’s death more or less killed Stu as well; he would shuffle on for another two years before he himself passed, but it was pretty clear that the light had gone out of him. No worse was the Hart family breaking apart over Owen’s death clearer then the ‘Vince side’ dragging a zombie-like Stu to a WWE show in Calgary, with oldest brother Smith holding up a sign that said “HA HA BRET” over his failure to keep some of the Harts from being swayed by the need for money, and maybe moreso, a deep well of envy over the great success Bret had that they did not.

That is the black heart of the Montreal Screwjob, not a faked submission over a wrestling belt. But again. Simplicity sticks. I don’t see Benedict Arnold ceasing to be an American byword for traitor any generation soon.

Still, as bad as it was, for Bret and the Harts and the tragedies that followed them, it seemed like there was light at the end of the tunnel. Bret would marry for a third time in 2010, and it seems like it is enduring; may I never be proven wrong on that regard. Bret would mend fences with the WWF and Michaels, getting out of the dark place that hung over his whole autobiography. Perhaps most important to Bret; none of his children showed any interest in following their father into the business. Perhaps that had always been the case, but I suspect the Screwjob drove that feeling home with a bullet. Now they are grown, some with children of their own, and Bret can oversee them in family gatherings just like his father did with his siblings, decades past. As Jim Cornette said, he’s sure the Hart family home sees some really drat good cookouts.

Bret has said, outside of the obviously does not need to be said aspect of Owen’s death, that he wouldn’t change a thing about his life, good or bad. I mean, that would just be selfish, and Bret always prided himself on not being selfish. As he himself said, “A difficult life makes you a better person.” And in regards to people like me, trying this analysis?

“I just hope they reflect on me…you want somebody who stands up for right, and wrong, someone who speaks for justice, someone who’s not afraid to come forward and to take on anybody, and fight fire with fire…that’s me.”

What more needs to be said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5bhVnb5G_Q

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 10, 2022