Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ha, I've literally been thinking about this lately because of a bunch of 2018 God of War chat that's popped up elsewhere.

The Stranger aka Baldur who shows up as the first proper boss fight is just nuts. You've had intro-level wandering around and some tutorial fights, then all of a sudden this guy shows up and has crazy moves and multiple health bars that can take ages to work through, you're at the point of of basically tearing off chunks of mountains to drop on him and he still regenerates his health afterwards :ohdear:

I guess there's definitely tougher fights later on, but that always sticks out as being a major challenge out of nowhere when I'm still just starting to get used to the basic gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh drat, I forgot about Driver. Yeah, I think that's probably the winner for most assholish intro moment of any game that I can think of.

The funny thing is, the demo version I played beforehand was just a little chunk of gameplay and it worked perfectly fine without all that. I was very surprised when I got the actual game.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 6, 2022