Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Not quite a boss fight, but the very first Village sequence in Resident Evil 4 is surprisingly brutal for how early it is. It's your first combat encounter with more than a couple of enemies, you haven't had a chance to upgrade your weapons at all, and you're not going to know the best places to make a stand your first time playing the game. It does a great job of setting the tone for the rest of the game but I don't think there's anything as difficult on a first-time playthrough until you get to the Castle.

midnight lasagna posted:

The generic bandits in front of the forest in Dragon's Dogma suck. I don't think they were meant to be a boss but getting owned by them multiple times and assuming the (much easier) dungeon behind them is something you're meant to put off for later is a very common experience for new players.

lol I got my rear end kicked by this group the first time I played this game and definitely fell into the trap of "oh I'm supposed come back later, wait poo poo the quest you're guarding is gone forever now". Goons keep telling me to just run past them, someday I'll get back to it and start a new game and do it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU