Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

shadow puppet of a posted:

I don’t want to ever hear from some qualified, reasoned populace informer on my television. I want a show where Reddit mods are dragged into the set like that scene from that James woods vampire movie to boil under the studio lights and hiss at the cameras when asked to defend the emotional labor of powermodding 15 subs about politics and cosplay creepshots
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Work reform isn’t the same thing though. And It’s really vague. Anti work means people don’t want to loving work as a mandatory thing. People can interpret that as lazy and feckless, it might be unrealistic, but at least it’s pretty clear - people here don’t want to work. Zero hours of mandatory working to live. We support people some other way than jobs and working. Work reform could mean literally anything. Is it work reform if we get higher wages? Or a 35 hour week? All workplaces get a ping pong table? “You still have to work for the rest of your life but in a slightly nicer way that we haven’t specified” isn’t exactly a rallying cry

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Have you considered that instead of repeating the conservative motto of "a fair day's wage for a fair day's walking of dog", workers ought to inscribe on their banners the revolutionary watchword of "Abolition of the wages system!"

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

kntfkr posted:

Ah, here it is

“I have a list of behaviors related to cuddling that I’ve been using for over a year”

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Work reform isn’t the same thing though. And It’s really vague. Anti work means people don’t want to loving work as a mandatory thing. People can interpret that as lazy and feckless, it might be unrealistic, but at least it’s pretty clear - people here don’t want to work. Zero hours of mandatory working to live. We support people some other way than jobs and working. Work reform could mean literally anything. Is it work reform if we get higher wages? Or a 35 hour week? All workplaces get a ping pong table? “You still have to work for the rest of your life but in a slightly nicer way that we haven’t specified” isn’t exactly a rallying cry

I mean it doesn't matter because the Antiwork sub became about workers rights etc anyway and has been for the last couple of years (and obviously really took off when Covid hit). This is where the whole issue came from. Mod is out of touch with what the sub actually is, goes on TV with no preparation and makes a fool of themselves.

Work reform is not supposed to be a rallying cry. They aren't printing up posters and running for office. They're just trying to make things better in between likely fake stories of horrible bosses.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That 20 odd paragraph long facebook confession to masturbating next to a sleeping woman after being specifically asked to not do that sure made watching him humiliate himself in front of the world a lot easier to watch.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im so loving confused about "setting a series of alarms" to ensure we dont fall asleep next to eachother? Wtf?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Its one of the unspecified cuddling behaviors

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You know those alarms people put on their fridges so they don't snack in between meals? Like that except it's a proximity warning between his hand and his penis.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Makes you wonder how our own forum moderators would fare on such a program........

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Why does God give his toughest battles to his greasiest, most pathetic soldiers?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I must confess that I have turned off my posting alarm that was supposed to keep me from making catastrophically bad posts

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

They were accused of several rapes and made a big Facebook post (years ago) explaining how all the rapes weren't rapes.

There was a screen shot on Reddit somewhere

all mods are rapists

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

Im so loving confused about "setting a series of alarms" to ensure we dont fall asleep next to eachother? Wtf?

Probably dead man alarms. You set a snooze alarm to ring every 15 min so you have to constantly silence it. It prevents microsleep turning into something more sinister like a nap or full blown sleep when you are sleep deprived but have to keep going. Or when you don't want to fall asleep near a rapist, that's also a use case

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

chaining myself up like a werewolf so i dont masturbate next to the anti work discord member i flew out to my disgusting apartment

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

imagine posting in a sub

how deep do you think you can you get before the wifi cuts out?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A reddit mod being a gross weirdo?

It's more likely 100% than you think

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Work reform isn’t the same thing though. And It’s really vague. Anti work means people don’t want to loving work as a mandatory thing. People can interpret that as lazy and feckless, it might be unrealistic, but at least it’s pretty clear - people here don’t want to work. Zero hours of mandatory working to live.

Lol we can't even get politicians to pay people a livable wage for people who work 40 hours a week and you expect them to do it for people who don't even work at all?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The funniest part is they had a community poll for whether they should do media appearances or not, and the community voted overwhelmingly not to, and they did it anyway. Like what???

If some media company wants to interview me about SA, I'll decide on my own or with the admins on whether it's a good idea. There ain't gonna be no poll. Seems like they could have saved a lot of drama by not having a vote and then ignoring the result.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

Smugworth posted:

Makes you wonder how our own forum moderators would fare on such a program........

Where is the Smashmouth eggs guy these days?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Huskalator posted:

Where is the Smashmouth eggs guy these days?

twitter

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

“I have a list of behaviors related to cuddling that I’ve been using for over a year”

"Mom! Have you seen my list of behaviors related to cuddling?! MOM!!! MOM!?!!"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The funniest part is they had a community poll for whether they should do media appearances or not, and the community voted overwhelmingly not to, and they did it anyway. Like what???

If some media company wants to interview me about SA, I'll decide on my own or with the admins on whether it's a good idea. There ain't gonna be no poll. Seems like they could have saved a lot of drama by not having a vote and then ignoring the result.

Jeffrey, if you go on Fox News to advertise for this forums please wear clean underwear and wash your hair. I tell everyone this is a respectable posting establishment and I'm doing important posting work here and I don't want them to know the truth

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

goku

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Jeffrey, if you go on Fox News to advertise for this forums please wear clean underwear and wash your hair. I tell everyone this is a respectable posting establishment and I'm doing important posting work here and I don't want them to know the truth
look I'm pretty sure they're not gonna check my undies

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They will if you die on camera like that guy did.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

You can always tell how clean a person's underwear is by looking them in the eyes. I have never been wrong with this

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
how do you think the host would address you if you went on fox news? do you think they'd call you "jeffrey"? i'm betting it would be "mr. yospos"

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DrVenkman posted:

I mean it doesn't matter because the Antiwork sub became about workers rights etc anyway and has been for the last couple of years (and obviously really took off when Covid hit). This is where the whole issue came from. Mod is out of touch with what the sub actually is, goes on TV with no preparation and makes a fool of themselves.

Work reform is not supposed to be a rallying cry. They aren't printing up posters and running for office. They're just trying to make things better in between likely fake stories of horrible bosses.

pretty much this. as far as I know, that reddit mod was the founder of antiwork. the sub has basically blown up during covid, and has gone in a completely different direction from where it began. it became more about supporting labour actions and bitching about lovely bosses (I've had enough crappy bosses to think that at least some of the stories are true) than about embracing UBI or starting anarchist collectives.

I saw it as just the beginning of people starting to wake up from the nightmare of capitalism, on which covid has shone a bright and unflattering spotlight. is it controversial to say that working for peanuts to enrich our fabulously wealthy and evil corporate overlords is a bad deal? for a lot of people, realizing that they're getting the raw end of an incredibly lovely deal is a big mental leap. I was hoping people in the sub would move from realizing "capitalism sucks" toward, say, starting some local collective action initiatives. and there were some threads basically saying "what is this place? what is it for?"

instead, it became *fart noises*.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Fox's use of quotation marks pisses me off. It should be: ANTI-WORK "REDDIT" FORUM HAS 1.6 MILLION USERS

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

i mean did you see the person running the place?

they're not exactly the best and brightest

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i actually worked in the industry for a bit and it doesn't come up on air for obvious reasons but they definitely check your underwear for basic cleanliness before they start recording. it's known as the poopoo check in the biz.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Well, when we're all literal serfs instead of pseudo-serfs, working poo poo tier jobs that pay nothing to scrap by starvation wages, I can stare into the sky and curse Reddit under my breath every time the overseers whip cracks across my shoulders.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Call Your Grandma posted:

i actually worked in the industry for a bit and it doesn't come up on air for obvious reasons but they definitely check your underwear for basic cleanliness before they start recording. it's known as the poopoo check in the biz.
drat, it sure does feel good to be in a community full of experts. I'll go change.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Call Your Grandma posted:

i've seen donald trump on the news I don't think you're telling the truth

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Blooster posted:

Lol we can't even get politicians to pay people a livable wage for people who work 40 hours a week and you expect them to do it for people who don't even work at all?

tbh some of the workreform posters have even dumber ideas than not working, like one of them said that minimum wage for people with college degrees should be 100k

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I thought it was a bad interview and the person could easily have done a better job (or found almost anyone else who would be more comfortable / give better answers).

But it wasn’t really as bad as I thought? Seemed kind of standard fare Fox News boomer energy. The opening statement was reasonable and the “thirty year old Dogwalker philosophy teacher” was obviously deployed by the host to deflect. They didn’t even really tear the interviewee to shreds over it, just said it in a disdainful way and let the audience assign value judgments.

I was expecting more stuttering or crying or someone in a hammer and sickle beret to raise a fist and stammer through “workers of the world, uhh…” The real L was taken when they overreacted to one bad interview and made the sub private.

Always. Post. Through. It.

They knew this in the past - they posted all the way through sleep masturbation sexual assault - why stop now?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Maybe now those redditors will do something productive like join the IWW.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Schweinhund posted:

can someone line up a Fox News interview with a CSPAM mod?

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Posting in a

W I Z A R D

M
A
S
T
E