Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They really had to pick someone who looked and acted exactly like a Reddit mod to be their spokesperson huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The worst part is that it doesn't even matter it was on Fox News. It could have been on Marx's Hippy Libby Leftist Paradise Channel and the outcome would have still been the same. The Reddit mod 100% made themselves look foolish with no prodding or help from anyone else.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Trillhouse posted:

i cannot wait to read those interviews.

what is it with moderators and becoming sex weirdos?

Same reason billionaires are sex weirdos. Power.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

signalnoise posted:

I don't even get where this comes from, honestly. Could someone explain this? Like, I have a habit of being charitable to arguments because that's just something that was drilled into me in the spirit of getting as much potential progress out of an interaction as I can get, but it's an absolutely godawful way to phrase the one good interpretation I can think of, which is that efficiency is born from recognizing when effort is being wasted. That's not a matter of being lazy though, because when someone hears "lazy" that means minimizing total effort, not minimizing effort per task. The only good interpretation of it is eliminating duplication of effort, streamlining process, automation, that good kind of poo poo where like, instead of carrying a bucket of water back and forth, you build a channel to move the water for you, but the reason that's good isn't because it lets you gently caress off. It's because it lets you use that effort on something else. Where the hell did this come from?

Laziness is a virtue when you're a programmer and writing automation tasks so you're not doing a bunch of redundant work yourself.

Struggling to understand how that axiom would apply to dogwalkers tho