Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah that was good, particularly the set-piece with the overlapping conversations between Nate / his mother and Cassie / her mother.

Worried by how good a time Lexi was having this episode.

Also wtf Kat.

Edit: What was up with the shot of the clock at Minka Kelly's house?

It looked like the clock had a camera in it. To the left of the display. Also, Minka Kelly's character acts a little off-putting and odd, and I have trust issues with everyone in this show, so that makes sense...

(I'm so nervous something bad is going to happen to Lexi when she's at Fezco's house!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

but then I dismissed it as just weird design because of all the other little circles at the bottom of the clock. Thanks!

Same thing for me!! When I saw it I was like OH camera! Then I was like wait, maybe it's just the design because of the bottom. But looking at it again, I think the general consensus is that it was a camera.

This show...it gives me anxiety.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

I had a lot to say, but I think Maddie summed it up:

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, the Cal ending stuff tripped me up.

Nate told Jules he didn't know about other copies, but then when Cal says "what's on it" (the flash drive), Nate just says "EVERYTHING".

I always thought they went out of their way to show the other people Cal hooked up with were of age, (we see it with the younger guy in the hotel, and then also the people in the warehouse in the Finale with him). They were young, sure, but none of them looked under 18.

And like was said above, he panicked when he figured out Jules was local AND underage, AND went to HS with his son, his engagement with her at the Carnival was basically "please don't ruin my life".

So it definitely didn't seem he was a pedo, just more in-the-closet, and not knowing how to act.

I mean, they also didn't bring up the 3rd son. Which, when Cal took the picture off the wall, I thought "here we go! they are going to tell us!" but nothing.

Maybe they weren't sure if they were getting another season, so they had to wing it and hope for the best. (the Rue ending seems to tie in with that too).

I read a bunch of interviews with Rza about the Hulu Wu-Tang show, because there is a lot of back tracking from the season finales, and he was like "I didn't know about renewals until the season was already wrapped, so I wanted to at least try to cap it, so we wouldn't leave everyone sad if we didn't get picked up again". I mean, it makes sense, so I wonder if this was something like that. *(Kind of weird, because I believe this season had a LOT of viewers and is one of HBO's currently most successful shows, but who knows).