Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I'm really glad they brought back Rue's narration, I've seen people speculate the reason it wasn't really around for a few episodes was due to how completely non cognizant her character was mid-drug binge. which is an inspired choice if intentional

It still bothers me we've had all this backstory on Nate's family and yet nobody's brought up the third kid in their hallway portrait that Cal conveniently absconded with :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

someusername posted:

Rue almost getting turnt out was heavy. I've been in and out of NA a couple decades and almost nearly every woman, especially opiate addicts, will tell you that trading sex is part of their story. Men get clean when they run out of poo poo to steal or the criming catches up with them. Women have that one last resource before rock bottom.

Yeah I didn't even realize Laurie was essentially grooming her into sex trafficking til after that episode ended. The way she was so nonchalant about it/casually shooting her up was terrifying and the pans over to the padlocked basement door are very creepy in retrospect

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Man the guy who plays Ethan absolutely killed it this episode. I want to see him do a one man show now

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Yeah that episode in season 2 where they give her the intervention and she consequently goes on the run mid-withdrawal is a great testament to her acting chops. It's crazy to see her go from a strung out teenage rear end in a top hat to something like her consistently well-put together, literally high fashion red carpet looks!

For more fun dissonance I recommend everybody watch Jacob Elordi on Hot Ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDbBia1GwUM