Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Sam has shown his flexibility in comedy when he went on to play Nott in C2 and F.C.G. in C3. Animated Scanlan is going to be a new challenge because Scanlan’s biggest jokes in the stream besides the Cutting Words insults and Counterspelling villains trying to pull a fast one was singing really catchy parody songs. Scanlan was essentially a very naughty Weird Al. But now they have to avoid for the new show because of copyright idiocy. So far he has shown he can make a good song like episode 1 and an absolutely outrageous song for episode 3.

It’s only three episodes so far and Scanlan hasn’t been a spotlight hog. I trust Sam and Matt to balance his airtime and rate of jokes, even if Scanlan might do a song about his dick.

I hope he does a song for (Major Campaign Final Arc Spoilers) Counterspelling Vecna, right down to Vecna being absolutely confused and angry at the song.

Scanlan has a moment during the Briarwood arc that I can't wait to see animated. It makes it absolutely clear that sure, Scanlan is a funny meta character, but absolutely can't be underestimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Cheston posted:

So how did Vex know that Vax said "chenga"? Do they have twin powers?

In the show I guess they have twin powers but in the game they all had Earrings of Whisper. I wonder if they'll mention the earrings in the show, it may be too hard to work around in a show but does offer great quality of life in a tabletop game.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 3, 2022

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Exia posted:

Nah, even in the game that was a thing they had, here’s a transcript of that scene from the campaign. This is after he’s jumped out the window and is falling unconscious

Here's Liam as Vax saying Jenga as he motions to use his Earring as he jumps out the window:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrrB_q-V8G0&t=1716s

So they have twin powers in the game too to some extent as well

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 3, 2022

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Paracaidas posted:

Thread question I can't be bothered to look up:

1. With the episode ending on the burning building in the distance and the resistance rising up does that mean we're not getting scanbo?? Or do I have my timelines off?

They are setting up so much foreshadowing for this sequence, it has to happen in the next batch of episodes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I think my favorite Critical Failure moment besides the door in Episode 6 was Grog just straight up getting blasted down the stairs right at the start of the Episode 11 fight and getting KO'd. It was funny but man I can relate to loving up so early in a battle.

Those barbarian moments when you use your endless health pool to save the party from an acid trap but roll low initiative in the next battle and get one-shot before you can rage to protect yourself.

I also just realized that Grog closing his eyes vs. Sylas was a take on Reckless attacks.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I hope they drop 3 episode batches, just one episode is so short. I'm also hoping that they drop at midnight GMT so I can watch this afternoon.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Similar to season 1, the first two episodes felt very, very fast but episode 3 slowed the pace down just enough to be very enjoyable.

They are setting up a lot of character arcs at once, Vax of course, but Scanlan and Grog as well with even Ripley/Percy stuff thrown in.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I guess the Legend of Vox Machina is doing very well because it sounds like they're going to be making two series semi-concurrently. For those unfamiliar, this is the 2nd campaign in the same world with all different characters:

https://twitter.com/FANologyPV/status/1618322894525992960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Why was Pike refering to Grog in the plural?

You mean Buddies? Buddies is a nickname term I've heard parents use with their kids most often, even when it's only the one kid.