Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's good. I liked it.

The first two episodes are very clearly the script they wanted to do a 1 hour special with, then it actually gets interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Finale good. Season good. Series good.

This bodes well for more adult animation

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pwnstar posted:

Every time Keyleth turns into an animal to fight something I'm thinking that's gotta be the least effective move you got when you can literally summon the elements(?) but also in that one ep with the magical armor guys she crushed a metal helmet in her teeth so it must be hella good actually.
Most Druids are terrible at dealing physical damage and rely on their spells to get by. Keyleth took Circle of the Moon at 3rd level, which bumps up her shapeshifting progression by giving her access to more powerful animal forms way, way faster. One's not strictly better than the other, but it gives her options.

Sometimes she shoots lightning, sometimes she turns into a mountain lion and wrecks house.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Scanlon gets better. All of Season 1 is him pre character development.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

HardKase posted:

Watching critical role is way too slow. I have poo poo to do.

Vox machina is great tho
It's excellent background noise. I'm powering through Campaign 1 and it's nice to have on in the background while playing Magic or browsing the forums.

Also they're doing a four-part prequel miniseries as a tie-in to Campaign 3 right now and it's very, very good.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pennsylvanian posted:

I got the cliff notes for campaign 1 because the audio quality was so bad to the point where I couldn't tell what was happening when peoples' voices raised even a little. I listened to all of campaign 2 and while it dragged in spots, I enjoyed it a lot. I fell off of 3 because the characters weren't jiving for me and the pacing was all over the place. I do listen to one offs whenever I get the chance because they're usually really good. I'd love for them to maybe release abridged episodes of the main campaigns.
They've found their footing in Campaign 3, finally. It took like 15 episodes but it's starting to feel cohesive.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Robobot posted:

15 episodes is, what, 45 hours of content? I find it’s just too much to wade through for like 15 minutes of entertaining moments. I know they can’t really do 1 hour episodes, but an abbreviated edit like the other poster suggested would make getting into it a bit easier, I think.
Agreed, honestly. I like longer-format content because I'm a monster, but "this gets really, really good after 45 hours" is a big ask.

It's one of the reasons they're doing more miniseries and one-shots

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Measure once, cut twice

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The voice acting across the board is, unsurprisingly, possibly the best I've ever heard in an animated series. That's clearly the department that got the most polish.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It takes the players a little time to warm up to the concept of roleplaying in general, maybe three or four episodes before they're bought into the concept.

Start with Unsleeping City if you want a full campaign with players bought in from the jump.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I wish they were playing Craven Edge subtler. Literally every person Grog has met this season has told him to throw the drat thing away.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pussy Quipped posted:

I hope as everyone gets their vestiges they become more and more like anime superheroes. Vax taking down the beholderthing was wild
I have good news for you about the direction this series is heading

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I was not expecting Purvan as an Elden Ring duel boss but I dug it a lot

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Alan Smithee posted:

Do the dragons have an end goal with the treasure or is it the old “dragons greedy for greed’s sake”
D&D dragons compulsively hoard gold and treasure. Demanding regular tribute is how dragons interact with non-dragons.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

acumen posted:

That's my party. Arcane trickster, barbarian, hexblade, bladesinger, aberrant mind sorcerer, wizard, and my armourer artificer. Now at level 10 I've cast hypnotic pattern and lightning bolt once each, otherwise it's nothing but cure wounds, aid, and featherfall because my party likes to fail athletics checks.
jfc what's the highest Wisdom in your party

How are you all not constantly beefing Perception / Insight checks

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
iirc Grog spent the entire pixie fight petrified and Travis froze mid thumbs-up and held it for like ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The canonical explanation for why Grog is Buddies rather than Buddy is, no joke, Key and Peele was popular at the time and Ashley thought that the valets that unnecessarily pluralized everything (LIAM NEESONS) were funny