Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Now I wish I didn't watch tonight. I know the story. I know exactly where it goes. And I'm still impatient for the next episode anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

According to the Twitter spaces thing (which is hopefully the only time I have to use that dumb thing) episodes 1-3 we designed to get new people up to speed with the plot and a but 9f background about the characters. poo poo gers real from 4 on.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

The Repo Man posted:

I told a coworker last Friday about TLoVM, and he checked it out over the weekend. It's all he wanted to talk about Monday. He's planning on listening to the main campaign, so I had to give him the usual warning about a certain someone, and that the podcast is going to be very different than the show in many ways which interested him even more. He's also kind of stoked for 3-4 hour long episodes. I don't hear that much.

I was super stoked for 3-4 hour episodes when I got into it because I would listen at work. 8 hour work day meant I got 2 or 3 a day (because I listened at 1.25x-2x speed to catch up to live.) Of course, now that I am caught up it isn't as much fun to power through a bunch in a week anymore because I would just be watching repeats.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Robobot posted:

I may actually check out that one episode because it sounds INCREDIBLY awkward. Don’t know if I’ll be able to make it through hours of watching other people playing a table top RPG, but figure it may be worth checking out.

The Wil Wheaton trial of the take episodes are fun to watch if only to see how impossibly bad his terrible dice luck is.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

Those barbarian moments when you use your endless health pool to save the party from an acid trap but roll low initiative in the next battle and get one-shot before you can rage to protect yourself.

I also just realized that Grog closing his eyes vs. Sylas was a take on Reckless attacks.

It was actually a fighting technique Travis tried as Grog. Travis as Grog knew that he needed to make eye contact for the charm so he just started swinging wildly with his eyes closed. I don't remember offhand but I suspect Travis used reckless to counteract the disadvantage on each attack, making it a flat roll. So it represented both reckless attack and what Grog did in the game.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

do they even bother with Draconia considering all the baggage?

Dragonborn are now covered by creative commons as of the new D&D license so they might still do it even if they drop the baggage by completely ignoring Orion's character

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Robobot posted:

But calling one guy “buddies” is dumb. Even if he is big enough for the plural.

By this point in the game Travis had been playing Grog as kinda dumb with language. He would hear a word/phrase and make his version of it (bidet is the biggest example.) So it is quite possible Pike said to him "you and I are buddies now" and that became a singular buddies.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Season 3 Thordak is not going to be the same.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1636803726236057632?t=-SFXzL4ZImXnSiFskGToAA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1636806717014171648?t=lcTwWvaW6VWwm0rm0WU_qw&s=19

The way Matt talks here it does sound like they will have at least some Lance V/O for the season. I can see them keeping anything he already recorded.