Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Like others have said my main issue with the first 2 episodes is the pacing. I get that it's supposed to be frenetic and high-octane but some moments felt like they needed a little more room to breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ok, yeah. Ep. 3 has much better pacing. I too am wondering if Scanlan can work without Sam being his charming self on screen to dilute some of the crassness of the character. I hope he has somewhat of an arc this season because, so far, he's basically just there to make sex/fart jokes.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Just get Jeffy B on the phone and have him buy Hasbro. Bing-bong, so simple.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

There was also the time Orion tried to leverage his background into being grand high poobah of like an entire fleet that he thought his dad would send, thus negating the big battle everybody'd spent a long time prepping themselves for. Laura absolutely dogged him for it, too. Just the most petty spotlight stealing stuff. It was then I realized Matt was very good at keeping his irritation in check, possibly hinting at retail experience.
:lmao:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dexo posted:

He is also the one most likely to lets say, never use an ability he has to reroll 1s, except to gently caress over the party.

Which is why it's frustrating when Sam does it and it's just "Oh, that's just good old trolling Sam!" but when a guest does it (*cough* campaign two ep. 26 *cough*) or when Marisha forgets an ability out of her arsenal of 300 abilities, there's a pile-on.

Show good though.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Prime advertises it as in the top 10, number 2 in :canada: so it seems to be doing well so far.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Overall good season and kudos for making 30+ hours work in ~3

My only nitpicks is that the CGI was a bit spotty in some episodes. I get that it's hard and expensive to animate dragons and hordes of zombies but they stood out against the gorgeous hand painted stuff. Hopefully it improves in future seasons and they can use some of that Amazon money for it.

Again, I know this is hard, but the team really needs to get comfortable in drawing a bear. Vex might has well not have a pet considering the amount of time Trinket is off screen.

There was also something off with some of the dialogue in the last 3 episodes. I'm not sure how to articulate it but some of it felt easy? more cheesy than usual? Felt like it needed another pass to match the tone of the episodes.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I just want this show to be successful enough that we eventually get a Legend of the Mighty Nein show.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Recast the role, just have Sam provide the screams.

Mild spoilers for C2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXZwpC3U_U

I had no prior idea that this video existed but, knowing CR fans, wasn't surprised to find it

e. that is unfortunate green face in that thumbnail...

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 21, 2022

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Paracaidas posted:

Scanlan stuff
To me the biggest miss for animated Scanlan is that he didn't really have an arc this season. CR watcher know he's got one coming in later seasons but I feel it was a mistake to have him start and end as basically a conduit for dick jokes. This is where deviating from the stream would have benefited the character, I think. Even Vex and Vax's arcs this season, as small as they were, felt more impactful.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Didn't Arcane cost like $100 million to make?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I've been making my way making my way through the watchalong videos and got to the batch of episodes where Troy Baker was a guest. Is it just me or does the man seem incredibly full of himself?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Huh. Seemed very committed to the bit... Just makes him a different kind of rear end in a top hat then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program