Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Owners reportedly are "counting votes" toward a potential ROM dump for the previously unannounced, unreleased The Legend of Zelda 3 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The magic number is 24.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
They’re voting on whether to put Goku in Smash.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

BrownThunder posted:

Herbie is a better QB than Joe Burrow but a bunch of people who say “I guess it’s free” when something doesn’t scan at a grocery store were fooled by his “swag” of wearing sunglasses and a chain

Now THAT is a subtweet!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Joe Burrow has three playoff wins to Herbert's zero. RIght now Justin Herbert isn't even better than Blake Bortles.

And that's before you factor in that playoff wins transfer to the QB that beats you, so right now Burrow is at zero playoff wins since Stafford absorbed his three playoff wins (plus all the wins Burrow absorbed from Mahomes). Right now Stafford is the winningest QB in playoff history, unless he loses again, so it makes sense for him to win the Super Bowl until he retires, something QBs should try to do more often.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stafford and McVay now have a full season together and are going to unleash some pain on teams next year. The rams should be the overwhelming favorites to win the NFCW.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Stafford and McVay now have a full season together and are going to unleash some pain on teams next year. The rams should be the overwhelming favorites to win the NFCW.

Unfortunately the 49ers still exist. Though most of the Rams off-season moved were letting the guys Kyle Shanahan picked in walk(Darious Williams and Troy Reeder) and replacing them with much better tacklers(Bobby Wagner and Troy Hill).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DariusLikewise posted:

Unfortunately the 49ers still exist. Though most of the Rams off-season moved were letting the guys Kyle Shanahan picked in walk(Darious Williams and Troy Reeder) and replacing them with much better tacklers(Bobby Wagner and Troy Hill).

Shanahan lost the guy responsible for his run offense, still has Jimmy as his starting QB, and the team's best offensive player has demanded a trade. I don't think the 49ers are going to even be wild card contenders next year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eventually some team is gonna finally break through and win two Super Bowl in a row again but I wouldn’t bet on this Rams team being the one.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That does seem to be the biggest testament to the luck aspect of football, that ostensible improvements to a Super Bowl winning team haven't ended up resulting in another title.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Shanahan lost the guy responsible for his run offense, still has Jimmy as his starting QB, and the team's best offensive player has demanded a trade. I don't think the 49ers are going to even be wild card contenders next year.

You hate to see a guy lose himself over a tough loss

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Shanahan runs the offense, Jimmy was his starting QB last year when they made the NFC championship, we don’t actually know the the starter will be at QB anyway, and Deebo is still on the team and it doesn’t seem like he’s going anywhere this year.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Just going by history, it's probable the 9ers finish with a bottom 5 record.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kyle Shanahan is one of the very best offensive coaches in the nfl. Many of his losses over the last few seasons were due to injury.

The fact that the niners have had so much success in the modern nfl despite starting Jimmy G is testament to the surrounding team.

Assuming Trey Lance can be even somewhat competent this year with the occasional big play, the niners have a good chance of making it to the playoffs.

It’s a 7 team playoff and the nfc is pretty weak.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bring back Frank Gore

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

That does seem to be the biggest testament to the luck aspect of football, that ostensible improvements to a Super Bowl winning team haven't ended up resulting in another title.

A good chunk of it is just injury luck. Not all but that’s really the most common denominator.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

And having a defender drop a sure fire interception that would have knocked the Rams out

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Playoffs are whacky and random and high variance babey enjoy the gamble

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Except for noted cheater Brady

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Bring back Frank Gore

:hmmyes:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Hey, I'm just stating facts. Shanny has a .481 winning percentage, and just two good seasons. Now, am I just stirring poo poo because it's the off-season? Absolutely.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

Just going by history, it's probable the 9ers finish with a bottom 5 record.

God willing 😈 give Miami dat pick

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The 49ers are one of the most QB agnostic teams in the league, it is hard to see how they won't be competitive for a playoff spot when they were in the conference championship ~ 4 months ago with Garoppolo. I am not sure why everyone thinks that Lance will be a massive downgrade. He could be of course, I have no inside knowledge from 49ers practice, but he did not look awful in the Houston game and all the negative "journalism" on his progression seems like entirely unsourced clickbait. His floor this year is Jameis Winston IMO. It is not like they are trying to replace Aaron Rodgers or anything, Garoppolo is around the 20th best starting QB.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1528422966228357120?t=rC7TVXhmq1Q298sDhvZqvA&s=19

Actual news!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gonna need to have a pretty good defense when you’re running out Jacoby Brissett at QB.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

It was good enough to go 8-9 with a broken shell of Baker out there. I can't imagine Jake Brisket would be that big of a step down.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
surprised they didn't give him a multi year deal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

49ers expect themselves to be pretty good. Sure Jimmy sucks, and has a dead shoulder, and Lance is a gigantic question mark, but the fanbase sure is expecting 10+ wins. Also the NFC is a dumpster fire, so they better loving make the playoffs

Anyway, I scientifically wrote out what each team's realistic expectations are for next season until the crushing reality sets in, so from the AFC East thread:

AFC:
Bills / Chiefs / Bengals - Make the Championship game
Chargers / Ravens / Broncos / Browns* - Make the Divisional round
Patriots / Dolphins / Colts / Titans / Raiders / Steelers - Make the playoffs
Jaguars / Jets / Texans - Don't embarrass themselves
*Browns - It's really more don't have the Watson trade completely blow up in their faces, but presuming he plays 10+ games this year.

NFC:
Packers / Rams / Buccaneers - Make the Championship game
49ers / Cowboys / Cardinals - Make the Divisional round
Eagles / Vikings / Saints / Seahawks - Make the playoffs (Seahawks should be in the bottom tier, but Pete is 70, so I presume he actually believes in Drew Lock and this hasn't been months upon months of lies?)
Lions / Giants / Commanders - Don't embarrass themselves
Panthers / Bears / Falcons - Tank for Respectability

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Eventually some team is gonna finally break through and win two Super Bowl in a row again but I wouldn’t bet on this Rams team being the one.

Even beyond everything else, just staying healthy after playing the extra playoff games in a season is a real killer. It's not just that it's extra game(s), it's ones where guys putting off surgeries are going out and pushing themselves to the absolute limit and shooting up surgical painkillers to make sure they can go harder then ever before against dudes doing the same.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

surprised they didn't give him a multi year deal

It's illegal to give Clowney a multi year deal.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

49ers expect themselves to be pretty good. Sure Jimmy sucks, and has a dead shoulder, and Lance is a gigantic question mark, but the fanbase sure is expecting 10+ wins. Also the NFC is a dumpster fire, so they better loving make the playoffs

Anyway, I scientifically wrote out what each team's realistic expectations are for next season until the crushing reality sets in, so from the AFC East thread:

AFC:
Bills / Chiefs / Bengals - Make the Championship game
Chargers / Ravens / Broncos / Browns* - Make the Divisional round
Patriots / Dolphins / Colts / Titans / Raiders / Steelers - Make the playoffs
Jaguars / Jets / Texans - Don't embarrass themselves
*Browns - It's really more don't have the Watson trade completely blow up in their faces, but presuming he plays 10+ games this year.

NFC:
Packers / Rams / Buccaneers - Make the Championship game
49ers / Cowboys / Cardinals - Make the Divisional round
Eagles / Vikings / Saints / Seahawks - Make the playoffs (Seahawks should be in the bottom tier, but Pete is 70, so I presume he actually believes in Drew Lock and this hasn't been months upon months of lies?)
Lions / Giants / Commanders - Don't embarrass themselves
Panthers / Bears / Falcons - Tank for Respectability

Even beyond everything else, just staying healthy after playing the extra playoff games in a season is a real killer. It's not just that it's extra game(s), it's ones where guys putting off surgeries are going out and pushing themselves to the absolute limit and shooting up surgical painkillers to make sure they can go harder then ever before against dudes doing the same.

It's illegal to give Clowney a multi year deal.

Also that one extra game was the difference between easily resigning OBJ to who knows what he’s gonna do going forward. Robinson was just the replacement for shipping out Woods.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

And having a defender drop a sure fire interception that would have knocked the Rams out

There were almost 10 minutes left in the game, then it would have put the ball at the 49ers 25, and the Rams were only down by 3. That’s not a game sealing play even if he makes it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There were almost 10 minutes left in the game, then it would have put the ball at the 49ers 25, and the Rams were only down by 3. That’s not a game sealing play even if he makes it.

Jimmy G would have just thrown his back breaking interception in slightly different circumstances.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's pretty much ya never know if that would've been enough to seal the deal. Shanny panicks like hell when he loses the lead. :v:

I expect 49ers to be 7 or 8 wins. Most of them being the division :v

Seahawks I have resided we will lose regardless because Pete has some blackmail on us.

edit: OR that. Jimmy G totally would make the INT useless.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1528280122905833472?s=20&t=EVZZKxUT-x8vFEIQfL8lWw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

crumble

quote:

Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard reports there's a "high-level of concern" about what's going on with the Patriots' offense.

Patriots players have been "alarmed" with what they've seen from the team's offensive coaching staff and lack of direction on offense, according to Bedard. The Patriots haven't named an offensive coordinator since Josh McDaniels' departure, with the expectation Joe Judge or ex-Lions HC Matt Patricia will be the offensive play caller. Neither coach is known for offense. Judge's background is in special teams while Patricia's is in defense. Judge, a former college quarterback that spent 2019 as the Patriots' WR coach, is the likely favorite for the role. Judge said at the team's minicamp he plans to work closely with second-year QB Mac Jones.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“Matt Patricia is known for defense!”

*his defense gives up 1,908 yards to Philly in the Super Bowl*

*then proceeds to construct one of the worst defenses to ever exist in Detroit*

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

Guess what it's been months and months of

Seahawks fans largely learned a while ago that Pete bullshits constantly. It's just part of the experience. Watch what he does, not what he says. They had a nice draft and have good pieces but that roster needs a year at least to be decent.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Shanahan would have ran the ball and drained the clock and sealed the win, OP.

Shanahan is widely respected for his clock management to protect leads. Especially in big games.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Shanahan would have ran the ball and drained the clock and sealed the win, OP.

Shanahan is widely respected for his clock management to protect leads. Especially in big games.

His expert game management shined when he met his match in McCarthy

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

“Matt Patricia is known for defense!”

*his defense gives up 1,908 yards to Philly in the Super Bowl*

*then proceeds to construct one of the worst defenses to ever exist in Detroit*

If Patricia is made the face of the Patriots offense and turns them into a dumpster fire, it will be one of the most cathartic things I have ever watched.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If Patricia is made the face of the Patriots offense and turns them into a dumpster fire, it will be one of the most cathartic things I have ever watched.

The only way out is through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Kalli posted:

NFC:

If the Seahawks make it in, it’s due to a tremendous amount of clownball by other teams, and will be spun into proof that Russ was the problem, not Pete.

which would be really, really funny