Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

I'm behind on this season. Did someone hang dong?

Nah, but it's a great payoff nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That was another solid episode and it featured L7 which I haven't heard in years

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Holy poo poo I was about to type poo poo about how bad the fight scenes were shot and then that happened

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I am very sick with Ben’s poo poo, though. Maybe it’s because I’m currently learning how to be better at dealing with people, but it just annoys me.

And Asta’s dad was in Vietnam? Dude should be much better older.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He was born in 1953 so hes ripe for Vietnam

Also I wanna say how I love how the cast looks like Real People

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

Holy poo poo I was about to type poo poo about how bad the fight scenes were shot and then that happened

Yeah, it was a nice pay-off, but neither was shot very well at all. Sad, since the stunt work was basically fine.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
massive same

https://i.imgur.com/nf5WO7k.gifv

also yeah I don't care about Ben but I do like more D'arcy because she owns

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
But will the show have the guts to make them a throuple?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
As long as we see a pregnant tudyk as well

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
so glad she fonzi'd it

https://i.imgur.com/cubPgx5.gifv

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was kind of an extreme end to that story arc. Going from "she might be able to survive that" to head come off.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I thought it was pretty funny to have her finally catch up only to be put to rest immediately

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
TBH the way they've been pacing that plot I wouldn't put it past the show to bring the actress back in some capacity.

I'll laugh really hard if she's a mech with a tiny alien living in her chest.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really thought she was a reptilian until her blood was red instead of green or something

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The only music they play at the party in this episode is Scrubs end-of-episode music.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This episode was just a bit lame. Also, Ben throwing a birthday party to manipulate Harry into taking a job he quit before, is a bit skeevy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That was an extremely sudden season finale. Not good vibes the season was only 8 episodes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GreenNight posted:

That was an extremely sudden season finale. Not good vibes the season was only 8 episodes.

I didn't even realise that was the end of the season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I didn’t either until I was checking my TV app for the next episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its not a season finale, they broke up the season into two parts with the second half airing this summer.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That makes me much happier.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What? Christ.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy doesn't exactly have a ton of shows right now so they have to kind of spread things out a little.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That, and the kid actors aging presents a problem for the show. I assume they're writing Max out given the development with his parents.

But yeah, there was some stuff in that episode was unnecessarily rushed. The entire military plotline is such a nothingburger at this point, and I'm not feeling the alien conspiracy stuff either... though I was happy to see Enver Gjokaj turn up, even if it was only for a single shot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I dunno what's going to happen at this point, I assume the baby alien will come out of the lake fully grown and Jedi heal Harry and then die to save on cgi

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is actually a really fun show! I missed it completely here in Finland, but I'm a sucker for Alan Tudyk, so this is right up my alley.

Only watched the first episode so far but I am loving the sheriff. "Yeah, give her my number, I'll tell her he's dead, I don't give a poo poo."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The sheriff is really funny and he's so good at being a nerd

The whole cast just feels like very real people

Also I randomly get twin peaks vibes, there had to be some influence there

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, if you remove the alien component, it's very similar to a lot of small town Canadian shows-- Schitt's Creek, Little Mosque on the Prairie, etc. a fish out of water small town comedy with a gentle folksy quality. It could easily be a story about an autistic doctor moving into a small town and struggling with a burgeoning sense of community and family.

It's why some of the alien stuff feels so oit of place right now, because it can't be related to most of the show. Pivoting the plot to be about the most classic of small town villains -- evil land developers -- is a good move. It'll get everyone involved in the plot on a more straightforward basis.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yessss

quote:

Resident Alien
Syfy’s Alan Tudyk-led sci-fi comedy “Resident Alien” has scored a third season renewal consisting of twelve episodes. The pickup comes ahead of the August 10th premiere of the second half of the second season.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
yay, I guess. The last few episodes weren't that great, but maybe the upcoming ones will change that.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh nice coming back in August

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was originally supposed to be July but for some reason they pushed it back after the first half ended.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back this week.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
never ran into these promos, seems interesting but I hope they don't try to drag the show on forever

https://twitter.com/ResidentAlien/status/1542948957663346688?s=20&t=Pb-MYj1V_K4EEtC9AtTU7Q

https://twitter.com/ResidentAlien/status/1556357145146413057?s=20&t=Pb-MYj1V_K4EEtC9AtTU7Q

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You've got to get one of those lights that makes your skin look better, like a fleshlight.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I definitely expected that quote to be from someone else on the show lol

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I just saw you today. That is enough.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Resident Alien - Pooper is my butt; cooter is my lady pocket

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/G9225XF.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I didn't get around to watching it till today, but I thought the latest episode was very good. And having the alien baby grow up enough to gain the ability to change its appearance to blend in is great. I was wondering how they were going to deal with it for another six episodes - assuming they didn't just have someone kill it, which I thought was a distinct possibility.