Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Dunkey review of Shenmue where all the stuff he lists as baffling or terrible all sounded cool to me like having to go to work as a forklift driver for days or spent hours waiting in game to do stuff or having to wait on the bus.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I am a mindless, drooling retard who can only be satisfied by small and embarrassing/pathetic inflations of my ego. This game sucks rear end. 78/100

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As a thirteen year old (but smart for his age) spy main in 2022 somehow, I find real games and experiences like Super Turbo and Quake to be, in a word, AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Man I wish I didn’t rely on Firefox screenshots when I got that one of the guy whose review of Madden 2019 was “I did not receive my Gatorade Player”.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

The Dunkey review of Shenmue where all the stuff he lists as baffling or terrible all sounded cool to me like having to go to work as a forklift driver for days or spent hours waiting in game to do stuff or having to wait on the bus.

him switching from making funny videos to trying to be serious critic or whatever rlly put me off his stuff, his death stranding review in particular rlly pissed me off lol.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dongicus posted:

him switching from making funny videos to trying to be serious critic or whatever rlly put me off his stuff, his death stranding review in particular rlly pissed me off lol.
He recently has come so far around on that game that he listed it as one of his favorites of 2021, but that just kinda shows how ridiculous and butthurt the original review was

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dongicus posted:

I like his serious reviews. I don't always agree with them but imo he has a clear voice and makes his case for what he does and doesn't like. Which is why his negative Shenmue review let me know it was something I would like. I think he still does good funny stuff too

Martman posted:

He recently has come so far around on that game that he listed it as one of his favorites of 2021, but that just kinda shows how ridiculous and butthurt the original review was

It's good he came around on it after he ended up playing it for most of the year but I don't think that means gyayayaya he was fail and aids on his initial review. You are allowed change your thoughts over time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

As a thirteen year old (but smart for his age) spy main in 2022 somehow, I find real games and experiences like Super Turbo and Quake to be, in a word, AIDS.

Lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

It's good he came around on it after he ended up playing it for most of the year but I don't think that means gyayayaya he was fail and aids on his initial review. You are allowed change your thoughts over time
I like him! that review in particular he's just frothing at the mouth the whole time lol, it's hard to get much out of it

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chip FTW.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

14 year old in Nebraska: It's rubbish. Full stop.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont read reviews anymore now that im a mature 45 year old gaker i jist say soy cronge sjwery to my computer monitor at the open critoc and metacrotoc tabs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The only good revoews ive seen recentish were italians review bombing triple a crap lile i think the last farcry or asscreed or w/e yearly turd the quebecoise at ubisoft let slide from their poutine laden anus because the game had no Italian dun

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this Yakuza series has Japanese words...????? and I don't understand them??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

14 year old in Nebraska: It's rubbish. Full stop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

The only good revoews ive seen recentish were italians review bombing triple a crap lile i think the last farcry or asscreed or w/e yearly turd the quebecoise at ubisoft let slide from their poutine laden anus because the game had no Italian dun

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont read reviews anymore now that im a mature 45 year old gaker i jist say soy cronge sjwery to my computer monitor at the open critoc and metacrotoc tabs

You've been 45 for 15 years now you son of a bitch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

the best thing about lyle? i get older while he stays the same age

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

the best thing about lyle? i get older while he stays the same age

Portrait of Dorian Grey but the portrait keeps getting thinner and better at speaking

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

quote:

Sifu is a game that could have been something amazing, with its fascinating premise and superbly crafted and fluid combat mechanics and animations. However, the game’s frustrating need to make the gameplay ridiculously hard just left me tired and annoyed. Sloclap really needs to think about how they can make this game more accessible, possibly by including more shortcuts, an adjustable difficulty setting, or just lowering the impact of health lost from fighting your average foe. Hopefully they will bring in some patches that will address these issues, but as it stands, I’d wait before investing time in the world of Sifu.

This review made me buy Sifu and its loving awesome. Basically a beat em up with a really precise idealized version of the Yakuza combat system

edit: First level basically has the Oldboy hallway scene in it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-bnptgGPP4

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 7, 2022

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

goferchan posted:

This review made me buy Sifu and its loving awesome. Basically a beat em up with a really precise idealized version of the Yakuza combat system

edit: First level basically has the Oldboy hallway scene in it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-bnptgGPP4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dunkey, sseth, and mandalore are the only gaming opinions that matter besides my friends online tbh. and by matter i mean ill maybe consider thinking about a game I ignored if they like it.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Wormskull posted:

I am a mindless, drooling retard who can only be satisfied by small and embarrassing/pathetic inflations of my ego. This game sucks rear end. 78/100

unironically this.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Was about to play more if this. Thx for the heads up

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Portrait of Dorian Grey but the portrait keeps getting thinner and better at speaking

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Hold bold of them, lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Sifu does seem like a good choice to play until elden ring comes out

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

while Dark Souls accomplishes what it sets out to do, I suppose, the total absence of collectible cards or even a lockpicking minigame anywhere in its roughly 40-hour Campaign Mode is simply unforgivable in the modern age

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

while Dark Souls accomplishes what it sets out to do, I suppose, the total absence of collectible cards or even a lockpicking minigame anywhere in its roughly 40-hour Campaign Mode is simply unforgivable in the modern age

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

dunkey, sseth, and mandalore are the only gaming opinions that matter besides my friends online tbh. and by matter i mean ill maybe consider thinking about a game I ignored if they like it.

don't forget Sega_Gimp, TheMouth, and The Sounding Rod Guy as excellent gaming youtube content as well