Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

If you're not running a script to grind credits while you sleep, you're not playing GT7.
Right now I'm at 426/430 cars with 90 million in the bank, all thanks to putting 35k miles on my Tomahawk.

This is the way.

I wish I'd done something like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
There's still a script for PanAm. You get about 350-450k credits per hour. I just let it run constantly while I'm asleep or at work, and I have an extra 10 million to spend per day.

Don't grind the same track for hours like a Rube. Games are supposed to be fun.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

There's still a script for PanAm. You get about 350-450k credits per hour. I just let it run constantly while I'm asleep or at work, and I have an extra 10 million to spend per day.

I haven't heard of scripts, can you link it?

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/124003-afk-methods-for-farming-gt-109-update/

This is an old thread, but the important point here is to join the discord link. Before the patch dropped, there was a script that could run Tokyo Expressway and reliably pull in 2.5 million an hour. Everyone has bought everything ever, and our lives are better for it.

There's even a loving script to buy all the paint because we were all swimming in cash.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Technically, the script is grinding the same track for hours - and before the big update I'd say it was mandatory if you were going for the high-dollar achievements. (I think you needed like $30 million+)

Nowadays the game is in a pretty good spot though. I made 2 million the other day just randomly picking cup races that looked fun, and then spent it all on Gr.3 cars for sport mode.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

goomsnarr posted:

Is it the new normal that fiddling with gear ratios has no effect on PP at all? Also the 1/4 mile time (nor the other times) doesn't change to reflect my fiddling.
Swapping the gearbox will change things, but moving the slider for top speed, or manually editing ratios doesn't.
I had a 400pp tune for the Cappuccino that I used to win the Autopolis 1 hour that suddenly went up 10 points, and the gearbox seems to be why (a Racing box set to 180).
Any changes will alter the cars actual performance, there's just no hint of how much on the sheet.
It affects all my cars. On a PS4 for reference.

Sure seems to be that way. Hope you weren't trying to find a gear ratio for the quarter mile or anything.

What a lazy fix lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH3oJtMAhjc The first second's a bit hosed because I skip to another lap and it turns out youtube doesn't have a video editor? Maybe it's only on mobile or something. But the A220 really does sound absurd with a turbo. And yeah, with that glitched tune you can win easily enough, even if you've touched walls. Which you will, because it's a bit touchy.

You may note that all of these are at rather exciting steering angles. That beat's a whole lot of fun, but I couldn't quite get it to not be so tail-happy. Maybe if I lowered the weight even more and stuffed more balast into it?

K-car races were loads of fun (and pretty hard). I did cave and buy an S660 and stuff it full of turbos and stuff for the Lagio Maggiore race, though. My fully NA Beat just didn't have enough power to catch up. The S660 sure handled like rear end (I haven't actually tried the other k-cars, but I assume they're just as boat-y), but it had plenty of power and a sixth gear. Easy.

Also, I rather wish they'd figured out this exciting tech for the rest of the cars you could win from menu books:

The cafe's really quite nice looking, and you don't really get much use out of it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
These Kei car races resurface a critical problem with GT7's AI races: starting at last/near last position is awful by itself, but it's worse when most of the field are less competitors and more moving obstacles that slow down the player and extend the front cars' starting advantage. I really, really, really hope they either implement qualifying laps or more aware AI. The current implementation is trash

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...

Zenostein posted:

Sure seems to be that way. Hope you weren't trying to find a gear ratio for the quarter mile or anything.

What a lazy fix.

Oh ffs.

In other news, I found that the new GR10 with Comfort Hard tires and some tuning will win the Tokyo 600 without having to stop.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

isk posted:

These Kei car races resurface a critical problem with GT7's AI races: starting at last/near last position is awful by itself, but it's worse when most of the field are less competitors and more moving obstacles that slow down the player and extend the front cars' starting advantage. I really, really, really hope they either implement qualifying laps or more aware AI. The current implementation is trash

This by far my main complaint about the game

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

isk posted:

:v I'll have you know that slipstreaming 10 tiny cars added literal miles per hour to my speed.

I think part of what makes the whole thing feel bad is that they just space the cars evenly and have some cars just drive slower. If they sped up the AI and didn't have a 10--20s gap between first and last it would probably feel more like a race. Especially in something low-end or otherwise restricted, where the field should be fairly level, and it should be a decent race, rather than "I am running these laps noticably faster than everyone else, therefore I have barely won over the first place guy."

I mean, I still like it on something like the Nurburgring races --- it's like those "the pass" missions, but you don't get screwed because the AI decided to ignore your presence or you are a terrible driver sneezed and slid off the track. But doing that or like, the Ferrari races is still quite different from a proper race. Of course, I also found the road rally stuff in 6 to be loads of fun.

Shame the grid start races tend to be an absolute clusterfuck unless you start out on the front and get away from the pileup. It really feels like PD should just sit down and come up with more 'racing lines' and set the AI cars to follow one of those at random. It would go a long way towards making it feel better (and they even seem to do so! Exceptionally rarely).

e. go figure, the vgt I already have is way past the restrictions. Guess I'll try and pick the least-offensive looking one to spend my money on :(\

e2. gross, this jaguar's electric. I hate driving things with no gearbox.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 29, 2022

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Zenostein posted:

e. go figure, the vgt I already have is way past the restrictions. Guess I'll try and pick the least-offensive looking one to spend my money on :(\

e2. gross, this jaguar's electric. I hate driving things with no gearbox.

I just downtuned something. Bought the Mazda Gr.1 VGT and hopefully it’s competitive enough for the Gr.1 menu book too

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I just downtuned something. Bought the Mazda Gr.1 VGT and hopefully it’s competitive enough for the Gr.1 menu book too

The one I had was a chapparal, don't know if I could drag that down from over 1000 to 850. Interestingly, you can drag the Jaguar down to 700.

I wouldn't suggest it, though. That's what, 1/2--3/5 of a lap and it's dead.

Of course, for all my disgust at a gearboxless race car, the Jaguar is a goddamn monster when battery life is infinite. I managed to get 1st in all the VGT races in one or two tries. Not bad for tracks I never actually run on (also a pretty major braking zone at Trial Mountain refused to actually appear, my only warning that I was hosed was a sad blinking D on the UI). And the 2nd place car was almost always another Jag. But really, I picked it because it looked nice.

It's even got one of those flappy wings, like that absolutely insane Mitsubishi from GT5. Delightful!

Also for some reason driving it turns you into Daft Punk

(Oddly, on the first victory screen, with your car, the racing suit is also white)

I should've checked to see if they actually gave me that suit livery/helmet. It looks pretty sick.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Zenostein posted:

The one I had was a chapparal, don't know if I could drag that down from over 1000 to 850. Interestingly, you can drag the Jaguar down to 700.

It took a bit of work and it was noticeably slower on the straights but cornering it was an absolute monster. It was hilarious watching the gap build on the run up to the hairpin and the long back straight of Deep Forest Reverse, then once I hit the squiggly bits the gap shrunk like crazy

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, turns were rather unpleasant without gears and engine braking, especially those squiggly bits, but on reasonably straight partsthe Jaguar was an absolute beast.

Amusingly, the roulette ticket for all that gave me another VGT, I'm somewhat tempted to give it a go in the alpine I got.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Zenostein posted:

I'm somewhat tempted to give it a go in the alpine I got.

I happened to use the Alpine for all 3, got two 1sts and one 2nd. The 2nd place finish wasn't even close; don't recall the course but IIRC the winner drove the McLaren VGT. Still, plenty good for the menu book

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Hopping on this scripting deal finally. I uhh, should have done this ages ago.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Woke up to 6 Mil in the account. Not bad. This game turned into a mobile click farmer.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

isk posted:

I happened to use the Alpine for all 3, got two 1sts and one 2nd. The 2nd place finish wasn't even close; don't recall the course but IIRC the winner drove the McLaren VGT. Still, plenty good for the menu book

I’m trying to use the classic Gr1 cars I have and bought because they’re awesome but driving the Porsche 962 in the wet at Suzuka with the extra turbo is Not Fun.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

StormDrain posted:

Woke up to 6 Mil in the account. Not bad. This game turned into a mobile click farmer.

the discord invite was broken, were you able to get it working with just the instructions in that thread?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

harperdc posted:

I’m trying to use the classic Gr1 cars I have and bought because they’re awesome but driving the Porsche 962 in the wet at Suzuka with the extra turbo is Not Fun.

Wasn't fun in the dry either, but getting lapped by a fake car was the cherry on top. I hope the Peugeot is manageable stock, it was fine when I tried it for the Sarthe circuit experience, but if I have to add power to it, it'll probably also be unpleasant.

Probably because half the track at Suzuka is that annoying low grip track zone, so my braking points don't work out.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Booyah- posted:

the discord invite was broken, were you able to get it working with just the instructions in that thread?

Almost.

I was able to install everything, and start the race, and then it just hung on the results screen, I learned that at that point i need to click the color P1 button.

Then it'll hang on the replay screen and go into a loop, and when it starts the replay review screen (I guess? The one where you choose replay or next race), I have to push the ColorP2 button. That was enough, it goes until it crashes, which is bound to happen at some point. Last night it ran to about 4 million credits and accidentally went into the wrong championship and crashed.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Here's a working link: https://discord.gg/3WZS6Hxm
They have a newer version of the program that works much better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just play the game normally and earn money grinding races the old fashion way. I figure GT7 is going to be supported for years to come, there won't be a GT8 most likely for a long rear end time. So it's not that big of a deal that I don't have all of the cars right away.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I just like to race with my wheel and pedal setup to have fun, 100%ing the game or getting every gold has no real appeal to me - Maybe I just work too much, but sinking hundreds of hours grinding seems borderline impossible and definitely not fun.

That being said holy poo poo they need to have qualifying! I can't stand starting last and chugging up to first every single race except for in sport. It does seem like a lot of changes will be made down the line, and the general consensus is that the current model is a bit of a slog.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
What are you guys using for the Gr. 1 Menu? I had the Red Bull you get for golding S license tests but that seems eh. I have all the group C cars too. I don't have any of the modern prototype cars though.

I ended up using the Lambo VGT car for the vision Menu races. I got it from a raffle ticket. It is poo poo at turns but straight line speed is great.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Looking forward to/terrified of the daily race a in Sport mode. Daytona tri-oval with DR and SR turned off. I wonder how many wrecks there will be each race with people aggressively bump drafting someone in one of the corners

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I said come in! posted:

I just play the game normally and earn money grinding races the old fashion way. I figure GT7 is going to be supported for years to come, there won't be a GT8 most likely for a long rear end time. So it's not that big of a deal that I don't have all of the cars right away.

Yeah its weird to me when people say they don’t want to grind races because that’s… the entire point of the game. It’s not grinding it’s racing. Instant gratification is what you get from rapid scrolling tiktok, I’m glad to slowly chip away at this game for years. I mean do whatever feels right to you of course.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Voltage posted:

I just like to race with my wheel and pedal setup to have fun, 100%ing the game or getting every gold has no real appeal to me - Maybe I just work too much, but sinking hundreds of hours grinding seems borderline impossible and definitely not fun.

That being said holy poo poo they need to have qualifying! I can't stand starting last and chugging up to first every single race except for in sport. It does seem like a lot of changes will be made down the line, and the general consensus is that the current model is a bit of a slog.

Some of these races are really holy poo poo difficult, I am not good enough to 100% the content. Get all of the cars? Sure, that part is easy, but many of these races are too tough for me.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I said come in! posted:

Some of these races are really holy poo poo difficult, I am not good enough to 100% the content. Get all of the cars? Sure, that part is easy, but many of these races are too tough for me.

There's some nuance here. I want to have access to the cars, race and get better. I don't want to race the same ones, once I win I want to move on. The MO of the game is that cars are cool, so I want to drive all of them. I think too many cars are priced nearly unattainable.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tyree posted:

What are you guys using for the Gr. 1 Menu? I had the Red Bull you get for golding S license tests but that seems eh. I have all the group C cars too. I don't have any of the modern prototype cars though.

I ended up using the Lambo VGT car for the vision Menu races. I got it from a raffle ticket. It is poo poo at turns but straight line speed is great.

After a very, very annoying hour spent dicking around, I'm sure the Peugeot 908 would be fine. You know, in the hands of someone who can figure out how to prevent it from doing things like "spinning on a flat-out corner." Instead, I will note that the No. 1&2 cars in that Suzuka race (who both lapped me during one of those exciting spins) were VGTs. Also notably, the race doesn't actually require a Gr.1 car.

Now I just need to figure out what's the most bullshit "cars do not work this way" car, and use that.

As for the grinding, as much as I genuinely like the LeMans race, I did that to grind up enough money for the invitations, because that is an annoying bullshit system and not having to deal with it again is worth a few hours. But I've rather gotten the impression that some people, largely on reddit, seem to want to I guess "beat" the game as fast as possible? Gotta rush to the trophies, gotta buy all the cars. I don't really get that, GT's always sorta been a more or less endless game for me. Sure, eventually you'll run out of cars to buy or whatever, but there's always going to be something I haven't beaten, or a race I haven't done in a while. Plus, I'm patient enough that if I see something nice in the legends dealer and don't have or want to spend the money right now, I can just pop on the little flag. Next time it comes back around I'll probably have the money.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah its weird to me when people say they don’t want to grind races because that’s… the entire point of the game. It’s not grinding it’s racing. Instant gratification is what you get from rapid scrolling tiktok, I’m glad to slowly chip away at this game for years. I mean do whatever feels right to you of course.

If you want a couple of 20 mil cars then you are going to be grinding literally 25 to 30 hours using the most efficient methods of this patch, which is the same few courses over and over. Some people might like that but I wouldn't call it the entire point of the game, there are like 400 other cars and races that don't pay out as well, I'd rather spend the majority of time on those

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
I picked this game up a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it, it's scratching (and simultaneously re-inflaming) an itch I haven't felt in a very very long time. I love how much variety there is in the single player content (since I'm too timid to try online) and despite how baffling it is, I like the cafe!

Also the brake and throttle on the PS5 controller feel really incredible. I do find it basically impossible to consistently brake without ABS on though due to the limited travel, it's the only assist I've needed to keep on as I've gotten more comfortable.

I really wish I could use my steering wheel with this game, but it's a very aged Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 that barely works in windows 10, much less PS5. I'm really fighting the urge to buy a new TM T300, but man this stuff has gotten expensive.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tyree posted:

After a number of very sad results with actual gr1 cars, I did the cheaty thing and used the Super Formula. RH, turn down the ECU until it's at 950, buy a transmission to set for whatever track (might be optional). It's unreal how nicely it handles with the defaults. So long as you don't actually spin and end up in the grass, you should have no real trouble at least getting a podium. I managed to win St. Croix, got 3d at Suzuka because I was on map 6 trying to not stop and that's absolutely too slow to keep up with those vgts, even if it actually rains and they stop in the pits (for about 3 seconds, seemingly). Haven't done Daytona or wherever the third race is, but I imagine it'll also be just fine on map 1/1 stop.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Brownie posted:

I picked this game up a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it, it's scratching (and simultaneously re-inflaming) an itch I haven't felt in a very very long time. I love how much variety there is in the single player content (since I'm too timid to try online) and despite how baffling it is, I like the cafe!

Also the brake and throttle on the PS5 controller feel really incredible. I do find it basically impossible to consistently brake without ABS on though due to the limited travel, it's the only assist I've needed to keep on as I've gotten more comfortable.

I really wish I could use my steering wheel with this game, but it's a very aged Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 that barely works in windows 10, much less PS5. I'm really fighting the urge to buy a new TM T300, but man this stuff has gotten expensive.

Hell yeah, come join us in the discord. Might be linked in the op

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Zenostein posted:

After a number of very sad results with actual gr1 cars, I did the cheaty thing and used the Super Formula. RH, turn down the ECU until it's at 950, buy a transmission to set for whatever track (might be optional). It's unreal how nicely it handles with the defaults. So long as you don't actually spin and end up in the grass, you should have no real trouble at least getting a podium. I managed to win St. Croix, got 3d at Suzuka because I was on map 6 trying to not stop and that's absolutely too slow to keep up with those vgts, even if it actually rains and they stop in the pits (for about 3 seconds, seemingly). Haven't done Daytona or wherever the third race is, but I imagine it'll also be just fine on map 1/1 stop.

Yeah I'm a little disappointed at how hard this menu book is with the actual gr. 1 cars. I was excited to roast some dudes in my R92, but it hasn't happened.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Bentai posted:

Here's a working link: https://discord.gg/3WZS6Hxm
They have a newer version of the program that works much better.

thanks again for this, I had to tweak it a bit but got the clubman cup script working

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah I'm a little disappointed at how hard this menu book is with the actual gr. 1 cars. I was excited to roast some dudes in my R92, but it hasn't happened.

It feels especially bad at Suzuka, for whatever reason. At Daytona and St. Croix, it felt like there were more Gr1 cars in the top 12.

I'd dearly love to ask whoever designed this race why they thought "cars from a highly restrictive racing series" and "cars designed with literally no restrictions" was a good combination.

The super formula really does just feel like cheating. It's absurdly quick, turns brilliantly, and it's no fussier to drive than a civic. Didn't even scrape its diffusor on the road when I accidentally drove off the banking trying to check my mirrors. It's got just one drawback: no lights.and the game is really weird about actually showing the taillights if you're not squarely behind the car

Well, that and I can't tell what the glow ring on the intake is. I think it might be the KERS battery level? I know I used it up entirely at Daytona, and that would explain why halfway through the replay I noticed it was red, and then finally dead there at the end in the dark.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Zenostein posted:

Well, that and I can't tell what the glow ring on the intake is. I think it might be the KERS battery level? I know I used it up entirely at Daytona, and that would explain why halfway through the replay I noticed it was red, and then finally dead there at the end in the dark.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly it. Apparently it's for the benefit of the spectators.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly it. Apparently it's for the benefit of the spectators.

Yup, Super Formula has push-to-pass extra turbo boost. So the ring shows everyone when you’re using it.

Think I might have to try the Super Formula car too…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah that series very ehhhh.

I used a VGT car, the Mazda Prototype, and that Peugeot VGT loving smoked me on Saint Croix and Suzuka. If I sucked a bit less I’d have won but I like GT the most when I have some wiggle room

I ended up buying the stupid Peugeot and winning that way