Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Booyah- posted:

nice

my script is still broken, it will only loop for 3 or 4 races and then get stuck on the leaderboard. i've tried a million things but no luck

lovely! I kept having the pan am script either run forever or die in an hour. I wish my pc was hardwired to eliminate that variable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Is the F1500T-A viable for the Gr.1 menu? I hosed around with it on the Daytona track on RH tires with the fuel map set to 6, and while cornering was dicey-ish, it still hit 205mph on straights and just blew past all the various LMP cars.

Then I spun out somehow on the second to last lap and quit.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Abner Assington posted:

Is the F1500T-A viable for the Gr.1 menu? I hosed around with it on the Daytona track on RH tires with the fuel map set to 6, and while cornering was dicey-ish, it still hit 205mph on straights and just blew past all the various LMP cars.

I haven't spent a ton of time in the F1500 because the SF-19 is really what I wanted that car to feel like. I used the SF-19 for all the Gr1 menu stuff since I didn't have a competitive Gr1 car and it smoked the competition pretty badly.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Yeah, I snagged an SF-19 too but haven't messed with it. I just enjoy the comical amount of power an 80s F1 car had, but I guess I need to be more pragmatic :shrug:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Abner Assington posted:

crackhaed posted:

I haven't spent a ton of time in the F1500 because the SF-19 is really what I wanted that car to feel like. I used the SF-19 for all the Gr1 menu stuff since I didn't have a competitive Gr1 car and it smoked the competition pretty badly.

↑ this is the correct answer, but yes, it is; at least for the St. Croix race. (Which, to be perfectly honest was my test race because that's the easiest one, in my opinion.) Fuel map 3, refuel at end of lap 4. I put it on map 4 for the out lap and then back up to 3 just to be safe, but that's probably not necessary. I also didn't change the tires, which made the second half of the race rather dicey --- I probably would've ended up with a much more comfortable lead had I done so.

Settings:
RH tires

Suspension:
Height: 47/48
Antiroll: 6/5
Compression: 30/28
Expansion: 40/38
Frequency: 4.50/4.50
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Toe: 0.00/0.15

Differential:
5/10/50

Downforce:
900/1700

Transmission:
FC Racing. I had it on the default autoset of 360km/h, and was close to redlining in 5th on the straights when I had someone to draft, so consider 370/380km/h for a bit more comfort (and probably better economy).

This setup works out to 927.95PP (on a new car). After 4 laps the Hards weren't too badly worn, so it's possible you could get away with using Mediums, if you're willing to take the extra pit time for a tire change anyway.

This should be a link to the replay, because there's a lot of "lift off so the car will actually turn in the corners" involved, and a fair bit of "sometimes the suggested gear is actually right, but usually not." The f1500 sorta performs like the SF does on this track, so if you're stuck maybe watching the replay will give you some idea of where you can push a bit harder. Who knows. If you want to watch it, you'll have to log into the gt website first, then add it to your collection and play it in-game.

e: Considering how much worse the wear was on the rear tires, I imagine keeping the suspension equal rather than softening the back like I did might help. Alternatively, moving the brake balance forward.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 17, 2022

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

St Croix took me many tries cuz I kept spinning out on worn out tires near the end of the race, but once I sorted out the correct tire strategy and realized there is a push to pass button, it wasn't bad at all.

However, I tried the Suzuka race a couple times and just could not figure out how to deal with the rain. The radar doesn't seem to help at all. Any tips on that one?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I ran RH tires on Daytona with the SF-19 and didn't really have a pit strategy beyond "set the map to 3-4 in the middle part of the track and 1 on the long straights/corner" and won pretty handily.

Haven't gotten to the other two, but I imagine I'll have to be a whole lot more delicate with the throttle on Suzuka if it's raining.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

In general for all those races whatever fuel map will get you half the laps is probably fine, and you may or may not be able to get by on just a set of rh. Looking back on my posts, I just left it on map 1 with the SF lol. What a ridiculously good car that thing is.

Suzuka was awful, but without rain I managed 3rd in the SF, and then just gave up and used the vgt/gr1 peugeot to get first. Suzuka's kinda bullshit with the cars you're up against, but it's maybe a bit less bullshit if it rains a little.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Spoilers: It always rains in Suzuka. Always. Forever. In real life? Rain. Video games? Rain.

It never stops.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Saint-Croixe was total easy mode with the SF-19. A formula car destroys anything in corners so much that I set the map to 4-5 and was able to get into first place before anyone had pitted. I stopped on lap 6 of 8 and am wondering if I'd set it even leaner if I could've gone without pitting at all.

Weirdest part was my daily drive voucher was 4-star and all five possible rewards were cars. I've never seen that before—did they buff the poo poo out of these while I was out? Hadn't touched my PS5 in a couple months on account of moving.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I think one of the patches made it more likely for the upper-level tickets to have all cars or all cash. Shame they didn't add a skip button to go with.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Abner Assington posted:

Spoilers: It always rains in Suzuka. Always. Forever. In real life? Rain. Video games? Rain.

It never stops.

I went to the Japanese grand prix in 2019. In the days before, a huge typhoon hit Japan and it was very dicey. But on the day of the race, it was a beautiful sunny day without a drop of rain 🌞

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
:lol::lol: the Suzuka race is pure bullshit. It's the perfect track for the AI to constantly pit maneuver your car and suffer zero consequences from something that is so wildly illegal in racing.

ThE rEaL dRiViNg SiMuLaToR

giogadi posted:

I went to the Japanese grand prix in 2019. In the days before, a huge typhoon hit Japan and it was very dicey. But on the day of the race, it was a beautiful sunny day without a drop of rain 🌞
That's one of the few I can remember where it didn't rain, yeah.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The nice thing about the peugeot is that after a corner, the hybrid battery's charged up and you'll quickly find yourself past the nearest 3–7 cars. But yes, that's a pretty frustrating race in general.

Still not as bad as anything on Tsukuba.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/1538449617590685696

Monthly update o'clock (in a week or so).

Seems likely, although the third one feels absurdly random, unless one was a SEMA winner at some point or whatever.

Would be cool to see pikes peak as a track, but probably just gonna be some scapes, if only because one-way trips are usually just a special mode of some sort in GT games.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

A long time ago I mentioned my Logitech G25 + Drivehub adapter not quite working with Sport on the PS5 ... it'd go for about ten minutes and then become unresponsive. (This was originally a PS3/PC wheel for the record.) I just got used to playing GT7 with the gamepad and let it languish.

It came up again because I got an x52 HOTAS mostly for my PC, but it was totally unresponsive on the PS5 with PS4 games that are supposed to support it (Star Wars Squadrons + Ace Combat 7). Reading into it, it appears Sony basically required accessories to be relicensed for the PS5, which most brands did not bother with for old accessories. Irritating, I'm not keeping a PS4 around for a small handful of games.

So that's the background ... the point is, apparently connecting a licensed Hori PS4 minipad to the Drivehub will let the wheel work again on PS5. Most links said they're around $20, but the cheapest I can find one in Canada is $60 CAD nowadays so meh.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I use a Drivehub with a Driving Force GT for GT7 on PS5 currently and I have the Hori Mini controller and it works perfectly, can play for hours without any issues.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Thanks for confirming. It's sitting on my wishlist, so if it drops in price or when I find a new job...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Pro tip: if you're going back to an old tune and wondering why you've got the restrictor and ecu turned way the hell down and are also getting owned: maybe take off the drat supercharger.

Wasted like 90 minutes on this stupid Gr3 race because I didn't notice. What the hell was past me thinking?

Weirdly, the AI was putting in lap times like 2s faster when I had the SC in, it's almost as if that aspect of balance looks at the parts fitted, not just the PP (which was obviously the same in both cases).

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Watkins Glen track in the update, out of nowhere.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Here’s the June announcement vid.

https://youtu.be/uRFFElf2p8A

Watkins like previously said plus a ‘32 Ford Roadster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electromax posted:

loving yesssssssssssssssssssss

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

jabro posted:

Here’s the June announcement vid.

https://youtu.be/uRFFElf2p8A

Watkins like previously said plus a ‘32 Ford Roadster.

Can someone make a livery to match forums poster LobsterboyX's car?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Electromax posted:

Did they update it already? News says it was updated on the 23rd, in a post dated the 22nd. Usually the news uses Pacific time, and while it is the 23rd in Japan, it isn't in California.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
11pm PST

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Alright, that makes sense. I couldn't find a news item with the maintenance time.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress YES WATKINS GLEN!!!

My favorite track to drive on irl. This update is taking forever to copy!

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
Got the rewards from the Extra Menu; Gr.B NSX Rally Car, a 4* and a 6* ticket.
I got a 3* ticket from todays marathon.
My ticket prizes were: 100k from the 3*, a Gr.B NSX Rally Car from the 4* (same as the menu prize) and an engine from the Toyota Supra RZ 97 from the 6*. Not a cool replacement or anything, it just resets the engine to factory settings (costs 110k to buy).

The lottery ticket system never fails to entertain.

Edit: I was wrong as wrong can be. Sorry.

goomsnarr fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 24, 2022

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

gently caress YES WATKINS GLEN!!!

My favorite track to drive on irl. This update is taking forever to copy!

It is also my favorite track IRL, to play racing games in

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

goomsnarr posted:

Got the rewards from the Extra Menu; Gr.B NSX Rally Car, a 4* and a 6* ticket.
I got a 3* ticket from todays marathon.
My ticket prizes were: 100k from the 3*, a Gr.B NSX Rally Car from the 4* (same as the menu prize) and an engine for a 1997 Toyota Supra from the 6*. Not a cool replacement or anything, it just resets the engine to factory settings (costs 110k to buy).

The lottery ticket system never fails to entertain.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The 6 star I got from one of the new menu books had a nice surprise: the potential rewards were all engines

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The first race at Watkins is mostly 60's–70's cars, and then two dipshits show up with a viper and a new mustang. Good balance.

And then I won it in that new ford. Didn't even have to add power, just had to spend a while fiddling with the transmission to get enough speed out of it (the stock 3-speed's only good for like 110).I did have to muscle that viper out of the way, though. Bastard didn't start racing until after I passed him and the superbird he was pacing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lol they know how far and wide the 2JZ use can be. Good plan. Go make a drift missile now!

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...

That'll teach me to be Captain Cynical.
Thank you for the correction.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Picked back up after a month or so off. Had a good time at Watkins Glen 800. Got a brz drift engine off of a 4*.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Can someone make a livery to match forums poster LobsterboyX's car?

Any chance that wolf-cat thing's got a name? It looks vaguely familiar, but also enough of a pain that I'd prefer to not actually trace it by hand; assuming it's an actual character or whatever there's probably an svg of it floating around somewhere.

e.

isk posted:

The 6 star I got from one of the new menu books had a nice surprise: the potential rewards were all engines

Yeah, it's interesting that it specifically says (engines). Hope there's a decent way to actually get those in the future, because I'm basically never gonna get an engine swap otherwise lol

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 24, 2022

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Is there anyway to get the HUD info broken down into different bits to turn on and off? I like the gear suggestions and would be nice to see map of upcoming corners but not interested in the other stuff and it's abit obtrusive on my screen.

Tried turning it all off and it makes the visuals look loads better without anything in the way, but then I totally fail to estimate corner speed..

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zenostein posted:

Any chance that wolf-cat thing's got a name? It looks vaguely familiar, but also enough of a pain that I'd prefer to not actually trace it by hand; assuming it's an actual character or whatever there's probably an svg of it floating around somewhere.

e.

Yeah, it's interesting that it specifically says (engines). Hope there's a decent way to actually get those in the future, because I'm basically never gonna get an engine swap otherwise lol

Did you have this already?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
If anyone isn’t already aware, the 4 star ticket and 6 star engine ticket is, um, infinite.

https://reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/vjxoek/engine_swap_exploit_found/

Even better is when I realized on the same discord where the PanAm and Clubman afk stuff is, they’ve automated the exploit menuing. So I’ve just been doing random things while I build a huge collection of engines and usually mediocre/sometimes great roulette rewards

Edit: Infinite tickets still does not reduce the disappointment of landing on not only a worthless mod, but one you already own

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Looks like you need to have completed all existing menus to get this stuff, so hop on it y'all.