Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I am in for :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wait I have to cook?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sup

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Gross.

##vote Bif

#vote turbobbs

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress what did i do that for

##vote tobbs

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandicap posted:

It's time for a :siren:FLASH DEAL:siren:
Make something Seasonal. What that means is up to you.

Something Seasonal is worth 20 Points.

This deal will be available until the end of night 1.

vegemite toast is big in season right now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think im just gonna vote the people trying too hard to get points and work backwards from there.

##vote maerlyn i picked you at random.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i call this 'the sandwolf maneuver'

it ends with me making GBS threads my own pants.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Can't you just host pics in your own discord channel, that's what I always do

Yeah this. Put the images in your confessional and use those links here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If you can’t work it out find the nearest millennial to show you how.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is Bif trying to shutdown discussion about her town or scum meta tobbs I can’t remember ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Why is tobbs comfortable?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also vote finder is borked ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Quoting this for other post

i think you need to also quote the part about me making GBS threads my pants. it's part of the whole case really.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

##vote chic

This callout on ham and the tobbs vote both feel like scum worrying about making a case and then trying to find a facile reason for it.

If you thought ham was scummy for his stance why not follow through? Also if you had a scum feeling on ham why would you drop what read like a “gotta vote someone” vote on tobbs instead?

with 100% sincerity this. a few people commented on my dumb call back (and i get not everyone will get it was a call back to the last game just played), but chic raised it in a (i think) deliberately cautious way. they highlighted that they didn't like it, but couldn't be bothered going back to find my name or even quote it in a second post.

throwing something out there like that is scummy because you're not committing, but you're waiting to see if someone else takes it up for you. trying to 'plant a seed' as you were.

so to then just go and vote tobbs because it's comfortable?

blammo.

##vote chic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm gonna cook something this game, it's called scum fricassee

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

He changed from jockeys to boxers

i'm disappointed you're not cooking spotted dick

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

baking / whatever

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i find that recipe intriguing. i think i might try it out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That sucks circ.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A lurker vote? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the forums, localized entirely within cookfia!?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs v chic wasn’t a slap fight so I don’t know why people are calling it as such

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Still happy to vote chic.

Would also vote meen.

Maybe tobbs distant third.

And anyone advocating a day 1 lurker vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I said I’d vote meen. Sorry I wasn’t explicit about it but I liked your points.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Akay is moving out of lurker territory so my comfort in voting them is more betterer.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

man i have not seen a d1 lumpen in yonks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm cooling on the akay i think it's gotten up too easy

interested in the shell case, i liked that from merk, but a couple of people seem solid on shell being town?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

christ how much time is left

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh akay is -1 and there's like 30 mins left i think?

okay i'm happy to hammer akay because i think there's not much chance to swing shell

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh nearly 2 hours phew. i misread the earlier post time stamp and forgot about daylight savings.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and -2.

##vote shell

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's just your scum chat bias

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i dont think merk or his case was scummy. it seemed good when he laid it out. trying to blame merk for that when most people were going the apathetic lurker lunch is bad imo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

And yet you were feeling better about the Akay lunch too:

You did dial it back later into feeling bad about voting Akay but if both options are town it's not really that hard of a choice if you're scum.

i'm failing to see your point?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Another case of too much improbable meta knowledge! How does she know this already!!

hmmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually i'm re-reading merk and akay and my opinion is changing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Saying merk's case was good and the vote on akay as a lurker lunch is bad but earlier saying you weren't feeling like akay was a lurker lunch anymore. It's a "have your cake and eat it too" situation I guess.

i think you need to go re-read the timing and flow of those votes & posts.

the votes on akay when merk dropped the shell case were because of lurking. you should know that, you were one of them:

Voodoofly posted:

##vote akay but this could be for anyone who hasn’t really posted yet

Maerlyn posted:

##vote Akay, they've posted nothing and I can't justify voting anyone else at the moment (people have cooked or given reads/participated in the mafia sense). I'm waiting for merk to do something, I know he's busy and has moved on from mafia playing mostly but I can't vote someone who is putting in effort today.

There's still some time before deadline so I'll probably do some rereading now that my cooking is done for now.

Shellception posted:

Meh. Game hasn't moved that much, tbh. Still ambivalent about a good number of folks but I do agree with those saying that they won't vote people cooking/participating today.

So this is a very conscious lurker vote - I'm giving Merk a pass because I actually am happy to see him back again, and I don't want him out of Cookfia D1. Akay is a great maf asset but she's just... not here, and I cannot really justify to myself voting Chic over her because, hell, he is at least playing.

##vote Akay

Got some comments but nothing important, and I really need a mental break. Taking off for the day, talk to you all tomorrow.

so for me to say

hambeet posted:

... it seemed good when he laid it out. .....

and

hambeet posted:

...when most people were going the apathetic lurker lunch ...

is pretty spot on? well maybe i should have said more instead of most, but it doesn't invalidate my reflection on my thoughts of merk's case at that time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

I stand by my case. It was wrong, but we were limping into a lurker vs lurker elimination on no real reads. I kickstarted the game (late) with a case I felt good about.

That type of stuff usually leads to my wrong elimination, but I’ll never change.

what has piqued my interest on a re-read is how you had a 'strong' feeling akay was town, when they'd not posted much game content by that stage.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like check this out *run dmc - it's like that beat starts up*

merk posted:

I don't understand the Chic case.
I strongly believe the Akay case is eliminating town. That is a strong gut read.

Shell is the scum here watching us implode.

you strongly believe it's eliminating town, and seems to be a 'gut read'.

based solely on akay's 9 posts, which aside from a comment or two on mechanics, only have 3 posts where they actually talking about players / alignment.

Akay posted:

This sorta sounds like redneck hand pie. Or, you know, a Calzone.

One of the two.
(Cut it into triangles then pass it for a Meat-stuffed hand-pie!)

Akay posted:

I too, went out for food, so in the spirit of dinner posting :

Sashimi and Yakitori

Was very delicious!

Akay posted:

I'll be honest the Mechanics chat and Cooking chat of this particular game seems to be more of the point, there is a lot of cooking to scroll through!

Akay posted:

Agreed, seems almost, comical levels of OMGUS.

This feels like my problem with this particular game, honestly. I have asked Sandicap if he has someone waiting in queue to fill in, cause, really, I think I sort of misunderstood exactly what this particular version of mafia was! ... I don't feel like i can do this game justice or meaningfully engage with it - kind of feel like a wasted spot!

Akay posted:

Everyone wants powers, everyone has powers in this particular game. if ANY Info is going to come from the core mechanic of this game itll come from who gets siphoned points as well as what they buy with said points, not with people trying to accumulate points to buy stuff.

I dont think the mechanics bit is worth talking about really till day 3ish, just so we'd have some info hopefully.

Akay posted:

This... really kind of feels like stepping on the spirit of the game though, you know? Even as a spectator id probably cook one or TWO dishes but full engagement with this game is more akin to putting the frog in the pot then setting it to vaporize, for me.

Akay posted:

This sucks, Im sorry! If it helps a little unless its egregious people dont get fired on mondays, if HR can help it it should be friday! Either way that was a mistake if they actually told you that before effectively walking you out the door. major security mess up. :/

Having just got out of a game with Tobbs and Scum-aligned 3p I don't think the Tobbs this game reads the same way - I'm inclined to believe town over Scum.

Akay posted:

I am gunshy on using slapfights in a vaccuum at the moment after Beet/Sandwolf last game. I think from my angle Tobbs in this case came out the more "Townie" of the two.

I do too. :ironicat: I do seem to be a prolifically bad day 1 poster though! also - Awwwh Thanks. :>

Mental health IRL > Mafia :colbert:

Id like to see something from merk - From what i remember of his "cases" they were always informative, even if not correct. Wish we had one earlier if only for the lively discussion I always remembered following them.
Bif has now posted a ton so I need to... actually read in depth, though from what I've read so far I wouldn't be comfortable with a Bif lunch.

Akay posted:

To some degree at-least to start this feels more like a mafia themed ICSA then a Cooking themed Mafia game. I, almost infamously, lit my kitchen on fire making a PB&J once, and I am not a prolific or even semi-regular home cook, and sort of misunderstood the mechanics going into this. Full engagement means Cooking and Mafia! I feel like im only really half playing this round if I focus on the mafia portion but fully ignore the cooking portion, at-least spiritually. I have been assured this is not the case and it is fine if I just do the mafia part, and even if I do decide to get the fire department called on me for a cooking effortpost it will be well received though.

Make more sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Akay wasn't a lurker vote to me, not by the time they showed up and posted a flurry of overexplained stuff. Including an inexplicable early town read on me, which appeared to be quickly retracted soon as I gave em crap for it

yeah but you weren't voting akay at that time. the three votes on akay at that time when merk cased shell were all because 'akay was lurking'.