Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I wonder if Alarielle will get her War Beetle this time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
That timeline means both the Chaos daemons and the Skaven are wiped out before the 1st game, nice!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Time to begin the long wait for the DLC that really matters, especially as I am part of a fanbase that really doesn't have enough representation for my faction.

When Thanquol isn't on the campaign map all of the other LLs should be saying "Where's Thanquol?"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Doomykins posted:

Time to begin the long wait for the DLC that really matters, especially as I am part of a fanbase that really doesn't have enough representation for my faction.

When Thanquol isn't on the campaign map all of the other LLs should be saying "Where's Thanquol?"

If Thanquol is there, Gotrek and Felix aren't far.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Whenever you play as Skarbrand there should be a % chance that your army gets summoned to fight in any battle Thanquol is in.

MonsieurChoc posted:

If Thanquol is there, Gotrek and Felix aren't far.

I hope they rework those two, I very rarely see them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Azran posted:

Whenever you play as Skarbrand there should be a % chance that your army gets summoned to fight in any battle Thanquol is in.
Only if both sides are your enemy.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Azran posted:

I hope they rework those two, I very rarely see them.

Yeah, Gotrek and Felix are definitely one of the flubs of the first game. They could use a rework of some sort.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, Gotrek and Felix are definitely one of the flubs of the first game. They could use a rework of some sort.

I feel like they should be heroes that have to stick together (move as one on the campaign map, but two units in an army), in MP they are both hero units and are actually fielded quite often either individually or as a pair, for the utility they bring to the table (Gotrex as an unbreakable anti-monster duelist and Felix as a support character with a healing ability IIRC).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How long will we need to wait to get the megamap? a few months like twwh2?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

tithin posted:

How long will we need to wait to get the megamap? a few months like twwh2?

Nothing announced yet, but probably. We should know in a week or two what the schedule is for the next year-ish.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, they'll probably indicate a rough timeframe for the big map in the DLC schedule. Nothing will be set in stone. Mortal Empires dropped in October of 2017, roughly a month after the game released on Sept. 28th.

This one might take longer, but we'll see when the content release schedule lands.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Omnicarus posted:

I wonder if Alarielle will get her War Beetle this time around

That’s after she became a Goddess in AoS. It won’t come into play here pretty sure.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I am ready to eat god.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

is there still a goonhams discord for tww?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

SoftNum posted:

is there still a goonhams discord for tww?

https://discord.gg/jAtjDRJa

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
cannot loving wait for this to come out. I've been cold turkey on TWW since November and I'm champing at the bit to get stuck into a Kislev campaign

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

probably a super unpopular comment but is there honestly no NDA for Warhammer 3!?
the amount of content and videos about the game before it's even released has killed my hype.

there are no surprises there is nothing not if 30 videos. if you are totally fine with letting all these YouTubers spoil the game for us just realize the drat thing!

I'm only **** off because it pre-ordered the game if I hadn't I wouldn't buy it since at this point I may as well wait for DLC to see something new.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Azran posted:

probably a super unpopular comment but is there honestly no NDA for Warhammer 3!?
the amount of content and videos about the game before it's even released has killed my hype.

there are no surprises there is nothing not if 30 videos. if you are totally fine with letting all these YouTubers spoil the game for us just realize the drat thing!

I'm only **** off because it pre-ordered the game if I hadn't I wouldn't buy it since at this point I may as well wait for DLC to see something new.

I mean, in that case I recommend watching the DLCs also on youtube? Cheaper and faster.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Grumio posted:

Gordon Brown and Tony Blair's wife, but yes! :discourse:

thanks this has been kind of rattling around in my head for a while so here u go

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Azran posted:

sauce your quotes

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I refused to watch any TWWH3 streams or preview or muh lore videos exactly for that reason. I need to have some element of surprise in the game past seeing what armies and lords get in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordja posted:

sauce your quotes

It’s from the official forums. The biggest babies among Total War fans.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Poor guy has to watch every single movie and read every book on release day or else he just can't stop himself from googling spoilers

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s from the official forums. The biggest babies among Total War fans.

That makes perfect sense. The official forums are like 25% as bad as TWC, if TWC was somehow anything other than weird, nationalist/probably fascist incels. (TWC will always be worse than any other TW fandom out there.)

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 13, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mordja posted:

sauce your quotes

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/305891/no-nda-seriously

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
Seems like those Ogre cannons are gonna need a nerf. It’s wild how they can basically delete SEMs.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'm planning to play this on gamepass then wait for a sale to get it on steam, but I forgot how absolutely dogshit the Xbox app is. Trying to preload but it just says error and won't tell me anything else.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

QuintessenceX posted:

Seems like those Ogre cannons are gonna need a nerf. It’s wild how they can basically delete SEMs.

Yeah, they are obscene. Real tabletop cannon sniping vibes.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I kinda wish they had gone with the horse-head keeper of secrets model. I do like how they animated it though. The Slaanesh stuff has a sort of unnatural grace to it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Poor guy has to watch every single movie and read every book on release day or else he just can't stop himself from googling spoilers

It truly is hell to be forced, at gunpoint, with tears rolling down your cheeks, to click on every TWW3 battle, campaign, and roster video. :(

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Kanos posted:

It truly is hell to be forced, at gunpoint, with tears rolling down your cheeks, to click on every TWW3 battle, campaign, and roster video. :(

I love that he both can't control himself and is getting pissed that they're not catering to his lack of self-control. TW forums. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dramicus posted:

The Slaanesh stuff has a sort of unnatural grace to it.

Part of the point of Slaanesh.

Like I remember this line from a character meeting a long-term Slaanshi cultist and it describes them as a whole pretty well.

quote:

He had a face that would have once been handsome, but it had been altered in pursuit of greater beauty to the point it was a grotesque mockery of it instead.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Part of the point of Slaanesh.

Like I remember this line from a character meeting a long-term Slaanshi cultist and it describes them as a whole pretty well.

so slaanesh is the chad meme

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I'm planning to play this on gamepass then wait for a sale to get it on steam, but I forgot how absolutely dogshit the Xbox app is. Trying to preload but it just says error and won't tell me anything else.

The game's not up for preload yet, that's on the 15th.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Gamepass "preloads" this far out from release will typically only download a tiny placeholder file that does nothing other than to tell the client to start downloading automatically when the actual preload goes up. It probably won't be up for actual preload until a day or two before release.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
Just a heads up, Fanatical still has the game on sale for 48$

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Kislev.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Soooo Chaos Dwarfs?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kislev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

DanTheFryingPan posted: