Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gonkish posted:

It's usually the day before a patch drops, so probably Monday?

EDIT: Also:

Just four normal chaos worshipping dwarves having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
So CA is having a 20th-anniversary event for Medieval 1: Total War

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ethiser posted:

Just four normal chaos worshipping dwarves having a good time.

One of my favorite things about that artist is that they always have the Skaven being sneaky-deceptive in the silliest ways.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_XEj_ZRz4

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

"IN PLACE OF KÄÄRIJÄ YOU WOULD HAVE LOREEN! NOT GREEN BUT BEAUTIFUL AND BEIGE AS 'TATTOO'!"
Give Grimgror the nuke when facing the dwarves.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Goatson posted:

Give Grimgror the nuke when facing the dwarves.

Those are called black orcs.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

"IN PLACE OF KÄÄRIJÄ YOU WOULD HAVE LOREEN! NOT GREEN BUT BEAUTIFUL AND BEIGE AS 'TATTOO'!"
No I mean like a real nuke, just like Ikit has. Then whenever someone decides to play dwarves and they face Grimrog they realize they shoudn't.

And it'll be good.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Restating my idea of having a doom diver that shoots grimgrog, and when he hits he does a nuke explosion, then starts chopping up the survivors.

Who are people's favorite streamers? I don't usually watch video content but I'm too hyped so I've been checking a bunch out. I think the ones I like the most are Zerkovich and Janet, just chill, nice voices and fun watching them play

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fatshark had to get permission from GW for everything so the grudgeraker is canon. Let's be clear though WoC has proven a very big point that CA will let a faction languish for years unless they can make a buck from it to you better believe all the dawi ideas i want will come but only with a DLC. At this point i'm pretty sure any glaring holes in a races roster are there to sell DLC's.

It's guaranteed that we'll get 1 more dawi lord at the very least with it either being bugman or that slayer engineer because it'd pair perfectly with a chorf character. Until then dwarfs will always be a TW1 faction with huge gaping holes in their roster and we'll see thunder barges and steam wagons with a full ranger roster for bugman when it can sell a DLC.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

gently caress grudgerakers

Grudgerakers are the Boris Memebringer of Dawi guns - give me the SLAMBO.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I was probably going to play Ikit followed by Franz, but I managed to rediscover some of GW's finest material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3pClerS4cY

So it's Grom the Paunch for me.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Who are people's favorite streamers? I don't usually watch video content but I'm too hyped so I've been checking a bunch out. I think the ones I like the most are Zerkovich and Janet, just chill, nice voices and fun watching them play

Turin is like the Avatar of Dad Jokes, he's very chill and corny and has practice commentating and explains a lot of what he does and just loves to have fun trying weird ideas and army comps and seeing the toys smash together. He'll run stuff in PvP that the average TWWH fan that actually PvPs has written off long ago as off-meta.

Zerk's a chill fella who also has big fun energy, once you get to know him you can tell this is a guy who goes to slow motion and zooms his camera in to watch the moment of impact of a battle deciding cavalry charge he just pulled off.

I've not watched Okoii stream(because if I want to see the campaign I go play it myself and I don't like to over-indulge in prerelease hype) but he also pushes the limits in fun ways(he's the "19 <X> twinked up with all buffs" video guy!) and his sense of humor is clearly the same internet brain poisoned dummy as I am.

If Foul Energy streamed I'd watch 100% of his content because he's even funnier to me. He also clearly sets unique goals in campaign and has a wonderful, stupid time.

And if you like his stuff Legend is actually a good streamer. He can be grumpy and all, sure, but he's a bona fide scholar on breaking the game and it upped my own gameplay to learn from him. He is very set in his ways(for justified reasons) so if you find yourself exclusively running ranged comps or dancing your Lord in front of firing lines to drain ammo then you may have dug too deep. The best thing I learned from him that I do myself now is proper end of battle clean ups. Running units down, getting as many kills as I can to remove units from the enemy army permanently and to increase my post-battle rewards, using heal spells and regen to top off my critical guys. The game gives me those extra seconds(or even minutes), I'm entitled to use them!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 19, 2022

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
gonna note that most phd's are less than 25000 hours

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Kazzah posted:

So CA is having a 20th-anniversary event for Medieval 1: Total War

What’s the event? I just saw an email banner just basically announcing the anniversary.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gonkish posted:

EDIT: Also:

It's missing the layer of skulls that permeates the entire planet's crust

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

bob dobbs is dead posted:

gonna note that most phd's are less than 25000 hours

Most are way less than 10000.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Another streamer I like is Monstersabound. He has a style very similar to Janet but instead of fighting the battles on camera, he goes to the effort of editing in a replay of the fight so he can get cinematic shots of the battles and focus on upclose details

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I sort of flick through videos from Legend, Turin and Enticity. GB of Grudges I will actually watch a full video because he streamlines his stuff and respects your time. Turin I watch a lot less of now because I don't like the Domination format at all, land battles are much more enjoyable to watch someone play. I understand it's better for them with tournament stuff but as a viewer I don't care, Domination just isn't very fun to watch. Legend's stuff is good but way too long so I just sort of get little tidbits and watch his disaster battles.

Oh and MercytheMad can be fun once in awhile, gets into costume and whatnot.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Oh no, IE release date is getting dangerously close and I have no idea what faction I want to start with D:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Gunslinger posted:

I don't like the Domination format at all, land battles are much more enjoyable to watch someone play. I understand it's better for them with tournament stuff but as a viewer I don't care, Domination just isn't very fun to watch. .

I totally agree. I used to watch pretty much every battle Turin put out, but I just can't get into watching domination battles. They are always a giant clusterfuck of poo poo going on everywhere and there's like 80% more instances of people losing entire units because they were busy paying attention to another objective elsewhere. That kind of stuff used to happen in land battles too, but it wasn't nearly as common.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

ElichTV is probably the 'best' player I've watched, some of his legendary runs (last Imrik one) are legit exciting but I'm not sure how recommendable he is tbh. The last months of Warhammer II he was so jaded and angry about CA not fixing anything anymore, him living with the same bugs for thousands of hours, that I had to stop watching him on the regular.
Obviously he's on the Immortal hype train right now so I'll try to board again and will see. His battle control is really great for watching, taking the time to zoom in, still enjoying the clash itself and stuff.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Started a kislev game last night after not playing since release, and the game feels in such a better place now. They've done a great job. I'm sure IE will be a bit broken on release, but I'm very interested to see how it evolves over the next few months.

Valkia looks like a total beast. That's probably going to be my first campaign.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I have a Doctorate in open-palm slamming the 'Recruiting Armour-Piercing Ranged Units and Alt-Tabbing' button

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Attention

Attention

Four days remain

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I only really watch the occasional Turin, never saw the appeal in watching singleplayer games I could just play myself. I think Domination is faaaaaar more interesting than land battles, really glad he's gone full into that.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I don't watch much but Mercy the Mad and RadiantAsh are pretty chilled out and they both do some cool costumes for their streams sometimes. Mercy is basically an Empire captain, the man has facial hair like nobody's business. For lore stuff it's mostly the great book of grudges guy and choyer.

I think I'm gonna play vamp coast for my first IE. Cos I know it'll take a while for my must have QoL mods to get updated, so why not do a campaign where I'm not fixed in one area and can sail around and explore the new map a bit. Their roster is super fun anyways

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I don't watch any live-livestreams but lionheartx10 chops his up into 45m-1h chunks on youtube and is pretty good. Chill dude, standard VH/VH starts, has 3 or 4 different series/campaigns running at any given time (right now he's finishing up a Kislev game from base tww3, and just started a Be'Lakor IE game and a Valkia one based on popular vote soon after).

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://youtu.be/2LmY5RgEZVE

Merging items nets you a profit in Oathgold.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah same, Domination is much more interesting to me than land battles though I still watch both. Very interested in seeing how the game mode shapes up over time.

Also I don't think I'll be playing IE on release, given it's going to be buggy and/or unstable as gently caress for a while. Azazel and Valkia should keep me busy for a while though!

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

ElichTV is probably the 'best' player I've watched, some of his legendary runs (last Imrik one) are legit exciting but I'm not sure how recommendable he is tbh. The last months of Warhammer II he was so jaded and angry about CA not fixing anything anymore, him living with the same bugs for thousands of hours, that I had to stop watching him on the regular.
Obviously he's on the Immortal hype train right now so I'll try to board again and will see. His battle control is really great for watching, taking the time to zoom in, still enjoying the clash itself and stuff.

some of the bugs have been in the game since the beginning. For example, followers attached to heroes with "...For Lord's Army" traits don't actually affect the army. It's an easy fix to either make it work or remove it and they've never done it. That's far from the only one.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Total War exclusive guys tend to burn out hard when they do. Ninjahund tilted pretty hard before loving off, ElichTV grew more and more frustrated with post-support TWW2 and the unhappiest man in Australia is going full Legend of Total Whine. Glad that Turin plays some other games that I am mildly interested in, hope Enticity can escape the curse.

I love these games, but I think if I played them eight hours a day I wouldn't be capable of ignoring their issues.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

ZearothK posted:

I love these games, but I think if I played them eight hours a day I wouldn't be capable of ignoring their issues.

For sure. I also need at least a month in between campaigns otherwise I just get bored and frustrated

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Probably. They have to change/update probably everything about all 60+ (70+?) LLs and I'm sure some stuff will get missed.

Lothern Sea Guard

Archers

Lower upkeep that way!

IIRC the archers also have more models and longer range, so you maximize the number of arrows this way.

Eventually you'll need more effective frontline fighters than Sea Guard but it's truly obscene how well this comp works works in early and midgame.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wondering how long itll take before SFO is ready for IE

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Indypride also focuses on other warhammer games which is another path out of the TWWH cul-de-sac some content creators find themselves in.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What 4 units from an allied faction would you most be excited to have in [x] faction's army?

If tombking units don't have upkeep I imagine ushasbti greatbows would be a auto include.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What 4 units from an allied faction would you most be excited to have in [x] faction's army?

If tombking units don't have upkeep I imagine ushasbti greatbows would be a auto include.

Gotta get some gobbo sor boyz in my dwarf armies to really firm up their horrifically fragile front lines. Sea Guard or Dreadspears could work too I guess.

I'm curious to try some more/better ranged units with VC and while I haven't directly compared skyjunks to helstorms, they could be a fun upgrade. Ice Guard mixed with any ranged-heavy composition could be hilarious.

On the whole the factions generally feel more complete now. A big hole was Tzeentch and Slaanesh lacking heavy lineholding infantry and the have that now natively.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

AnEdgelord posted:

Indypride also focuses on other warhammer games which is another path out of the TWWH cul-de-sac some content creators find themselves in.

Speaking of Indypride, I am happy for Oakley/Invicta successfuly switching the focus of his channel from Total War battles to mid-length historical documentaries. Probably the right call once Total War stopped being historical¹, since that's what he was into. He's doing pretty well for himself in that particular niche, if views are anything to go by.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ratling Gunners in every army for every faction.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd like some corn dogs as Dawi. I know I'll eventually win the long slog of a shooting match but having a way to harass backline, permanently remove fleeing units, and cycle charge black orcs would be really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd probably grab Skaven weapon teams on most factions, especially most of the "evil" factions that Skaven would befriend easily like Nurgle or Vampires.

Maybe newly buffed Depth guards for factions without elite lawnmower infantry like Bretonnia or even Norsca, Mammoths could probably slot into any Chaos army.

Otherwise I think most people would just want elite ranged units and artillery, stuff that doesn't need a lot of red line buffs to perform.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'd like some corn dogs as Dawi. I know I'll eventually win the long slog of a shooting match but having a way to harass backline, permanently remove fleeing units, and cycle charge black orcs would be really nice.

Yeah, Dwarves would probably benefit the most from having some hammer units for their all anvil army that can kill routing enemies.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 19, 2022