Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What 4 units from an allied faction would you most be excited to have in [x] faction's army?

If tombking units don't have upkeep I imagine ushasbti greatbows would be a auto include.

4 Necrofex Colossi. The faction is irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
So apparently K8P got quite brutally nerfed in IE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvM3YC8sJf4

Long story short, reduced bonuses and less building slots.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What 4 units from an allied faction would you most be excited to have in [x] faction's army?

If tombking units don't have upkeep I imagine ushasbti greatbows would be a auto include.

x4 Steam Tank for Dwarfs. They need a fast unit in their army to contend with some of the new IE threats.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

SkySteak posted:

So apparently K8P got quite brutally nerfed in IE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvM3YC8sJf4

booo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

SkySteak posted:

why is the streamer talking about how much stronger it is

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

SkySteak posted:

So apparently K8P got quite brutally nerfed in IE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvM3YC8sJf4

"insane amount of gold"
"upkeep reduction for all your essential units"
"this is insane"
"the dwarves got something that really helps their playstyle"
"gives dwarves magic attacks in all adjacent provinces"

yeah sounds awful man

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah the whole video is about how it got huge buffs in IE and now is worth rushing?

lol at the comment saying they won't be playing the game until it has 10 building slots.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 19, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I wont be til 12!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Sindai posted:

lol at the comment saying they won't be playing the game until it has 10 building slots.

Arghy why are you posting on sockpuppet accounts

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Purely for roleplay reasons I will be befriending the Empire and Dwarfs as the Vampirates to get more kinds of guns.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I didn't watch that video but I think the most lore-accurate thing for dwarfs would be that only the main province is worth anything, and it's extremely valuable, while every other province is totally ignorable bullshit. Almost exactly like wood elfs, except the dwarfs get walls and towers and should be immune (or almost entirely immune) to siege attrition.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Depends a lot on the faction in question.

I have an idea for a coop campaign with Luthor Harkon and Mannfred

Harkon gets access to grave guard and blood knights to give them toughness and speed. Mannfred gets deck droppers, artillery, and necrofex colossus for BIG GUNS. Harkon starts pretty loose and he can just cruise over and merk Volkmar and Tiktakto to allow Mannfred to focus on pushing out Khemri and Skarbrand.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ideally the Nagash endgame crisis would see a wide variety of allied troops across the undead armies.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I'm going to play as high elves, force one of the dwarf factions to love me with influence, and then hire some dwarfs as an expendable frontline for my armies.

Either that or borrow some empire/cathayan rocket artillery and visit the dork elves.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I'm planning to become best friends with the dwarfs as the Empire, as the below diagram demonstrates

(from reddit)

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 19, 2022

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm planning to become best friends with the dwarfs as the Empire, as the below diagram demonstrates

This actually works with dwarf handgunners and dwarf infantry if they are shooting at, say Bigguns or Minotaurs. It should work even better with Empire gunners.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Gonna have a bespoke army with a Rogue Idol, Ghorgon, Feral Troglodon and uh a Star Dragon.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Dramicus posted:

This actually works with dwarf handgunners and dwarf infantry if they are shooting at, say Bigguns or Minotaurs. It should work even better with Empire gunners.

And it works fine even against Chaos Dwarfs. While you may not find an angle to shoot and kill, you can still blow their hats off, which are their source of power.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

"To the uninitiated the fel city of Zharr-Naggrund is a mighty ziggurat, a testament to the industry and cruelty wrought by the Chaos Dwarfs and their dark patron Hashut."

"It is in fact, a giant hat."

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Without Grimgor being around and giving team gobbo/dwarf an existential crisis I feel like 8peaks is kind of free for them now. The blue dwarves and skarsnik still have to do an absolute journey to get there, sure, but the only big threats is wazzag and maybe skarsbrand or whatev if he mingles more north.

Of course queek has his hard trek through the extremely tedious match up of early skaven versus lizardfolk even worse with the thunderdome being there but that's on brand

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

Of course queek has his hard trek through the extremely tedious match up of early skaven versus lizardfolk even worse with the thunderdome being there but that's on brand

Queek is further north now, I don't think there's any lizards in his way.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Without Grimgor being around and giving team gobbo/dwarf an existential crisis I feel like 8peaks is kind of free for them now. The blue dwarves and skarsnik still have to do an absolute journey to get there, sure, but the only big threats is wazzag and maybe skarsbrand or whatev if he mingles more north.

Khorne says hello

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Can't believe it is today right now rather than tuesday. Pretty hosed up imo. I hate linear time.

Finally booted TWW3 up and did the tutorial campaign last night. People weren't kidding when they said it was just The Frozen Throne. I did enjoy passing turns a bunch to get Kossars with ~130 MA/MD though. Quickly realized that having them fire their bows was a complete waste of time when just getting in there to rip and tear demons was infinitely more effective. Really made the ice bear feel superfluous when each individual Kossar is about as strong as an ice bear himself.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Kazzah posted:

So CA is having a 20th-anniversary event for Medieval 1: Total War

it's happening!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

it's happening!

They are going to remake Medieval 1 and it's going to have the risk-style campaign map, and it's going to be glorious. This is absolutely what they are going to do, no they aren't going to make a lovely iPad version, what are you talking about?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgWpr_pD3C4

It truly is one of the greatest shames that they didn't have Jeff van Dyck around to do the soundtrack for the Warhammer games.

e: His best Total War soundtrack way probably Medieval 2, pretty close with Shogun 2 (though to be fair alot of the best tracks from Shogun 2 are recycled from Shogun 1, and with good reason). Though I would also make a case for Spartan: Total Warrior, a game that kind of just seemed like "is this a joke" when you first heard about it and it's really ridiculous and stupid, but then you actually play it an it was just way more fun than it probably had any right to be, helped by the tracks that mixed in bits of the general speeches from Rome Total War.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 19, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Vargs posted:

Can't believe it is today right now rather than tuesday. Pretty hosed up imo. I hate linear time.

loving bullshit that we don't have time travel yet... beyond "go to work at a lovely job that doesn't pay enough until you're too exhausted to do anything but sleep only to wake up and do it all over again". This timeline loving sucks.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The AI actually recruits gotrek and felix? I've literally never seen this, unless its new?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

The Chad Jihad posted:

The AI actually recruits gotrek and felix? I've literally never seen this, unless its new?

lol I've been killing those nerds for years

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

^^^ You know what, I almost always play order, so they must be spawning for me and thus aren't getting hired by anyone else (cause I never hire them)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I will either play as the Empire or be sweet to the Empire so I can have mortars in all my armies because mortars are the best artillery in the game. Maybe max rank and buffed grudge throwers or blessed trebuchets are close but nothing beats reliably and safely firing into melee the entire fight.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

jokes posted:

I will either play as the Empire or be sweet to the Empire so I can have mortars in all my armies because mortars are the best artillery in the game. Maybe max rank and buffed grudge throwers or blessed trebuchets are close but nothing beats reliably and safely firing into melee the entire fight.

Have you heard the good word of Blessed Field Trebuchets?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
have you heard the good word of queen bess?

also vampirates get a very comparable mortar too

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
You can all use your wimpy mortars, but it's not a real Empire campaign unless half your melee line is wiped out by your own Helstorm Rockets every battle.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
when you get hellstorms you should immediately also mass melee heros, thats the way to solve that problem

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Cardboard Fox posted:

You can all use your wimpy mortars, but it's not a real Empire campaign unless half your melee line is wiped out by your own Helstorm Rockets every battle.

This is me but Skaven clanrats and poison/death wind/globes what have you.

Edit: Heroes sounds expensive and annoying, there are always more clanrats!

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 19, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bob dobbs is dead posted:

when you get hellstorms you should immediately also mass melee heros, thats the way to solve that problem

No collateral damage is essential

They knew what they signed up for

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Personally I really hate abusing single entities to get the AI to blob up, so it's something I avoid doing when I play. I'd rather play more inefficiently in a way I personally enjoy.

I don't care if it ends up not really working, but playing Empire I get a lot of joy trying to play with formations that kind of look like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Regarding Karak 8 Peak discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWMxComk6JY