Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Slaanesh is the "I hope you like micro-ing the perfect flank envelopment in every battle" faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Ogres don't get "too fat." The bigger and fatter they are, the stronger they are.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Arghy posted:

I'm hoping they have expensive powerful artillery but with large hit boxes and vulnerable to counter battery fire while their powder will be more wide spread but shorter ranged. I'm still mad that kislev gets hybrid powder armed infantry before dawi because in the lore it's very common for important dawi officers to be armed with pistols and blunderbusses. Dwarf warriors with pistols being a T2 unit would be amazing while long beards stay as dedicated melee and you could add great weapon ironbreakers with pistols too. Change hammerers to something similar to aspiring champions, small model count but beefy stats and tons of support auras for lords. Let's face it the amount of spear armed missile units has increased so give loving thunderers and quarrelers charge defense vs large.

I can't wait for the outpost mechanic and hiring empire heavy cav and mortars to my dawi army--oof outriders with grenade launchers with engineers restocking ammo YES PLEASE.

The iconic Chaos Dwarf units are their fireglaive troopers (powerful short range hybrids with polearm/blunderbuss weapons) and their disgustingly powerful daemon artillery.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

jokes posted:

Elspeth von Draken seems like a lot of work and kinda doesn’t fit, when Liebwitz is just really rude and gives a big thumbs up to weird rear end guns which, honestly, is a solid warhammer vibe.

But also, we haven’t gotten a single elector count yet.

Vlad is an elector count. He may have married into the title, but it counts.

But we could use an elector count that is all about Guns, Guns, and More Guns.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Until TWW3 can deliver the sheer amount of dopamine that TWW2 can with a perfect wind of death cast, it will be inferior.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

It really sucks for said immortal dragon-gods that the MacGuffin that can (and does) destroy the world is hidden in some podunk town in northern not-Germany and when fate of the world will be decided they will have absolutely no say in it. :v:

It's almost like that entire storyline and the attendant business moves were ill conceived and slapdash.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

jokes posted:

No joke I’d love to just pick a best friend LL at the beginning. Do a vampire playthrough where empire is friends not food, and we join teams to gobble up the elector counts together :thumbsup:

It would be cool if Vlad or Manfred could play elector politics like the human factions.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I found out where Kairos works at the other day

Unfortunately, they only cut hair in styles that are not yet in fashion or no longer in fashion.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I wanted a lot more of 3K in WH3 than we got. I actually really like how 3K does armies, with them being built out of characters who are specialized towards different retinues. That kind of character focus would have been nice in TW3, but I guess they were already committed to an older engine.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Arghy posted:

Whoa now dawi got steam ships and in lore while not the fastest they had the most reliable move speed--best poo poo was before steam apparently they'd just loving so oars so they'd row for literally weeks haha i don't think GW really thought that one through.

No, they can just do that. Dwarves are nuts.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Praise the Dark Gods, the live team is working on things now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

TaintedBalance posted:

And yes, I'm planning on making this mod if they don't end up doing something in the general idea space once Lamia drops.

If there is any faction that needs an elaborate training system with an elaborate espionage system to go with it, it's Neferata and her feminist vampire Illuminati.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Nash posted:

Durthu vs Chaos Dwarves is giving me some real Last March of the Ents vibes. gently caress it, move him to the darklands I’m sold.

The definitely-not-last march of the treemen will continue until dumping laws improve.

Or until all the mammals are dead.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

A modder doing it isn't really a fix, but someone did do a blue UI mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2824059199

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

moonmazed posted:

is he the crazy airship guy that was in the gotrek and felix books? i love him

they should have a dlc pack that adds the side characters from those books tbh. all the slayers, max, felix's vampire girlfriend. thanquol obviously

Ulrika got her own book series, she's be great for a Lahmian lord whenever they get around to putting Big N in.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

big disappoint if we cant actually BRING ME NEFERATAS HEAD

Best hatefriends forever

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

If someone is able to win by relying on passive healing a VC blob, it is their opponent's fault for not bringing something that can make them regret blobbing up.

Also, much of that regen is built on single entity unit sources, so they can be sniped out.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

They're totally ripping off the mod that lets you level up chaos units into better versions, but I'm ok with it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Wow, I just read the Egrimm wiki page, and that's some powerful Mary Sue energy he's emanating. Did anything in his story happen that was not "all according to his plan"? That whole thing was super lame.

The whole "burned alive by the dragon half of the possessed dragon he thought he had control of, forced to sell his soul to Tzeentch and serve him eternally" part was not in his plan.

He didn't have too much of a plan in the first place, just the idea that he could use chaos poo poo to work his way up and take revenge on someone he hated. The dragon was supposed to be his exit strategy but failed miserably.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There are lots of creatures in the world that have been altered by the presence of chaos without being truly Chaotic. Gryphons, for example, and human mutants who don't worship the dark gods.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

gently caress it, let's have some Hindu mythological wars. I want astras stacked to the ceiling and some god drat DBZ heroes wielding them.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There's a lot of stuff that 3k does that tww3 just can't do because it's locked into an older engine version.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

None of the big bosses of the Skaven great clans ever took the field much, they were all hanging out in Skavenblight politicking. The lords representing the clans were their seconds in command.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

IIRC Khalida fully supports Settra - she defers to him so that she can spend more time murdering vampires and collecting fangs.

Imagine if your cousin who stabbed you death spent the next 2000 years horny posting at you. Khalida deserves to be mad.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Chad Jihad posted:

Cao Cao takes the throne, declares himself emperor, and then declares war on me

working as intended

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

jokes posted:

I think Ghorst's zombies would be the perfect tarpit, if Ghorst allies with some good ranged armies he could do a lot of damage on the cheap.

Ratling guns, you say?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Goatson posted:

Give Grimgror the nuke when facing the dwarves.

Those are called black orcs.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Chaos Dwarfs will definitely get their angry bricks of fireglaive troopers and their MDLS (multiple daemon launcher systems), they'll just get them at a high tier.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

i beat up mouslin and it instantly nixed all vampire corruption in the province

since when is that a thing

Battle victories now influence corruption.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Bretonnian plan is cav, cav, and more cav.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Pierson posted:

I'm racist now.

Sorry you had to learn who the real emperor was this way.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

One wonders how the empire is still there if nobody can be horny.

Also by mass I suppose it's true in the sense skaven are probably not horny, only horned rat.

Rhya is the horny goddess, and she predates Slaanesh.

Slaanesh is the god/dess of Getting Creepy About It, where "It" is a wildcard word.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Aenarion

No, he's descended from Aenarion, the first Pheonix King who pulled the Sword of Khaine out and used to stem the first Great Tide of Chaos, but the Sword of Khaine slowly turned him and his followers into basically the Druchii, pitiless, murder-hungry, madelves. Tyrion is 'cursed' in that he inherited Aenarion's supernatural fighting ability and looks, but is also constantly being called by the Sword of Khaine (He resists up til The End Times).

Teclis, his twin brother, is also cursed, but that means he gets an incredibly weak constitution, and was always sick which is not something Elves normally deal with. But he also has a gift for magic that no other Elf since Caledor has possessed. He later uses that magic to firm up his health, save the world several times, and maintain a harem.

They are also technically related to Malekith of the Dark Elves, as Malekith was Aenarion's son by his second wife, while Teclis and Tyrion are the descendants of his children by his first wife.

Teclis was sickly until he got someone other than his aunt the amateur alchemist to look after his health and the Swordmasters got their hands on him, at which point they made him work out.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Can someone help me with my stupid thoughts

I keep thinking shielded spears are a better all round option than halberds because they block at least SOME ranged while still performing pretty well as line holders

Change my mind

If all you want them to do is hold in place, shield-spears will perform slightly worse in melee since they won't kill back like halberdiers will, but they have the same armor so the shields will make a difference with ranged damage.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Caidin posted:

Giving up some literal blood might actually be easier to handle then the metaphorical blood demanded by the regular aristocracy as turns out.

It's the entire joke with hams vamps: one of them is a blood-sucking monster who will drain your life until you're in the ground and bury your descendants under the crippling weight of their tyranny forever, and the other is a vampire.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Greenskins.

And the Ogres. It's nice to be so powerful that your only concern is where your next lunch comes from.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Tagaziel posted:

Oh, right, just checked the map, it's usually a speck of dirt that gets steamrolled real fast. The Druchi being Canadians is what misled me.

Canadians and Americans. Black Arks are aircraft carriers, for example.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Francis posted:

max out anything that gives armor and charge bonus, yellow line first if they're a caster, three points in every buff and debuff, get all the good stuff in blue line (attrition reduction, ambush defense, skip lightning strike), and don't forget the leadership aura increase

You're having your fun, but just wait, someone will come back in a month to wonder aloud why their lords are bad even though they tool the recommended skills.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Rather than nerfing Pit, CA should have made the other vortexes stationary. The main reason Pit is so good is that it stays where you want it to and drops all of its damage there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Eltharion has a lord skill called Endless Volley that refills archer ammo.