Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Really, most of the game is about who has the best hat when you think about it.

I mean wasn’t history all about wearing the biggest bestest hat? (up until sniper rifles anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://youtu.be/ZRJo3R3ANsw

Mandalore video right on time.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dramicus posted:

While Ogres look cool as hell, I think CA really missed a golden opportunity by making them sound basically like Orcs. Just imagine if they had gone full Hunnic/Mongolian, we could have had Ogre throat singing.

https://youtu.be/MPd3_nUnKK8

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Omnicarus posted:

The ogres should've had a Big Texas/Southern accent. "Y'all hungry I'm starvin"

Cajun ogres demanding “When’s supper” would have been the absolute best :allears:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Shumagorath posted:

Possibly a case of Hurt Feelings over Cathay not including the nine-dash line.

Nah it’s mostly because CA’s PR department prioritized early access codes to big streamers (that turned out not to be Total War or strategy game fans) over the people playing Total War in China. Imagine if they gave a code to Pewdiepie and not Turin for example, and then Pewdiepie made a video talking poo poo on total war because he can’t win the fights.

Also, I don’t get what’s wrong with the trees? They just look a bit bigger and there’s fewer of them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hobgob khanates would take a lot of work to flesh out into their own faction, they only had wolf cavalry and basic bow/spear troops afaik

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Sinteres posted:

There's a decent chance I'll end up using a mod to get rid of minor settlement battles altogether a lot of the time. They were a cool idea, and I don't think it'll be an always on mod, but the implementation does make it kind of a pain, and now field battles aren't common enough. Obviously I'm open to patches making the system better too, by making towers less spammable and especially fixing some pathfinding stuff.

A cool mod would be to turn on minor settlement battles once the minor settlement hits tier 3

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Zore posted:

Even the whole 'gently caress farm animals' thing is toned down from Heroquest Broo as they can rape anything up to and including rocks to produce more Broo.

Heroquest is a weird, weird setting.

With an entire race of Donald Ducks.

Total War needs Ducks. 🦆

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Arghy posted:

They need:
- ironbreakers with great weapons

But, isn’t that a Hammerer?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

jokes posted:

Some dude in the heaviest, most cartoonish Italian/Mario accent: “it’s a me, Condotierri, and I was-a born into this world just like-a you!”

“I make-a-dah siege for bringing-a-home dah pasta”

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Agean90 posted:

Araby is not yet lost!

The monkey paw curls. A human kingdom is added to Araby… and it’s an expedition from Ind.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

orangelex44 posted:

Amazons to Khuresh confirmed then!

Wouldn’t even be that weird, they released a new batch of Amazon models for blood bowl and they look incredible

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Communist Thoughts posted:

The snake hints seem like it could be amazons not khuresh. Theyr a bit better known too

Give me Amazons that are bodybuilders juicing on Old Ones tech or give me death. by snusnu

Wanna bully chaos with laser guns and lady guns

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 13, 2022

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mordja posted:

Has anyone heard whether Empire wagons have been buffed to be more in line with Kislev sleds?

https://youtu.be/Ucm-bgsadhU

Mortar war wagons wrecking face against HoC

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Free skelly spam is gone

:( & :skeltal:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dandywalken posted:

Stinky!!!!!!!! Yuck!!!!

Should be sweet. Curious how he will differ from Kugath mechanically.

If he’s who folks think he is, he’ll bring healing to Nurgle troops which is terrifying

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Azran posted:

I particularly like the Redditors who argue that Nippon is a shoo-in because of Shogun 2 assets :allears:

I’ll say it again, Nippon should be able to summon shogun units

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Third World Reagan posted:

We need an arghy lets play.

:dudsmile:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Do chaos dwarfs do grudges

CHAOS grudges

Weirdly, no. Oh there's still a warped sense of honor and dishonor, the last models Chorfs had was this penal legion that joined up with a big Nurgle champion Tamurkhan. But get this- you can actually do your time and re-enter chorf society, unlike slayers where the only option is death. Plus while vanilla Dorfs tally individual grudges, the Chaos Dwarfs have dispensed with any "The Books" and instead get by with a strong and steady contempt for everything that exists, with maybe a little extra sadism for their uncorrupted kin. Not the slavering destruction of Chaos Champions, not the intricate depravations of the Dark Elves, or the paranoid innovation of Skaven, no. Just the burning coals of assumed superiority over mortals and daemons alike.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://youtu.be/2LmY5RgEZVE

Merging items nets you a profit in Oathgold.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

"To the uninitiated the fel city of Zharr-Naggrund is a mighty ziggurat, a testament to the industry and cruelty wrought by the Chaos Dwarfs and their dark patron Hashut."

"It is in fact, a giant hat."

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

jokes posted:

Hounds are some of the best units for every faction that has them because they can mulch up ranged units, not just for chasing down routing units!

I wish Empire got anti-skaven dogs!

Tirranek posted:

Empire terriers with little greatsword berets! And yeah, I forgot how much they shred ranged and siege.

Hey, guess what! If Boris Todbringer gets a DLC he'll bring Empire Hounds with him! Probably beagles or wolfhounds instead of the Small But Vicious Dogs from the RPG, but Middenland is second only to the Space Wolves in going all-in on wolf-wolfs

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ninjahedgehog posted:

Wonder what Alberic's endgame crusade will be -- Louen and the Enchantress get a choice between Chaos and Orcs, while Repanse picks between the Tomb Kings and the Vampirates.

Dark Elves or Skaven, maybe?

Skaven or Lizardmen, if only to pay homage to the kickin' rad box set art from 5th edition

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

orangelex44 posted:

Because CA’s primary feedback forums are Steam and the Total War forums. Reddit is bad, but it’s downright sane versus those cesspits.

That being said, I’d actually heard some minor complaints over Scrag occupying one of the Big Deal Cities in the border kingdoms. Kairos and Teclis are out of left field though.

That's dumb, I want at least some mercenary ogres down where the mercenaries live, and the castles in that part of the map may as well have revolving doors for how often some punk rolls up and sets up shop

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ZearothK posted:

Am I the first person in the world to see this map?

Of course Azazel’s the one to roll up and say “Chokepoint me harder, daddy”

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

OwlFancier posted:

Yes that was my first thought, just forge a pile of trash and glue it together and see what you get.

If you combine 4 basic items up to blue you can then recycle it to get a profit in oathgold

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

pnutz posted:

They're also looking at doing more of the races too so we may also get a proper vermintide or something

Please, let the vermintide be the skaven blowing up the moon, causing global skaven corruption fallout, and wrecking a random assortment of settlements before pouring out from the ruins with stacks of skaven.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://youtu.be/LPTXY3m3CnU

Holy poo poo. If the Greenskin crisis pops off and you’re playing a Greenskin faction you can beat up the faction leaders, steal their free armies, and those armies have zero upkeep.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ammanas posted:

has anyone tried popping an early endgame Waaagh as a greenskin faction then headhunting the faction leaders to force-confederate?

https://youtu.be/LPTXY3m3CnU

It works even better than you’d expect

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jack B Nimble posted:

VC if chaos (so, probably this)

It doesn’t help you right now, but we’re expecting Chaos Dwarfs soon if you want a non-green but chaos evil gunline army

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I wish anyone expanded at all on the bit of lore that Karl Franz’s one weakness was exotic pets, and that the Altdorf Zoo is his own little project.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Do you get slaaneshi chaos dwarves

There ought to be

Nah Chorfs are squares that have their own deity like how skaven do, this bull guy

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ojetor posted:

not the most impressive toxx considering they've already been teased in the immortal empires release trailer

Huh? I missed that

The better :toxx: would be "Who's gonna let me play Chorfs first? Warhammer 3 or Age of Wonders 4?"

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Third World Reagan posted:

New chorf LL announced

Punished Grimgor

https://youtu.be/dYaVR5AOucI

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Arghy's: We Have Defeats

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 8, 2023

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

toasterwarrior posted:

gently caress

I swear to grimnir I was trying to make an Arby's joke the entire day and I couldn't make it work

Wait he had shitloads of ambiguous mods installed didn’t he

Arghy’s: We Have The Cheats

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Y’all are dumb, why would dwarves have a food truck? They already have a gyro copter

E:

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 9, 2023

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The skaven are bad Catholics, they only go to mass because not going is scandalous and opens you up to backstabbing.

Yes the horned rat ceremonies of worship are called mass.

E: also as the god of stingy backstabbing assholes, the GHR doesn’t like giving his powers away. Blessings are for sucker gods.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 9, 2023

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

It can’t be overstated how unreliable skaven tech was on tabletop.

Human cannon misfires? It blows up one of the crew, or it jams and doesn’t fire.

Skaven cannon misfires?? Play spin the bottle and the cannon fires at double strength. Say goodbye to all your rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I mean the bat lady centaur from AoS is cool but I'd hat to be the guy that has to animate it