Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh, BABY!!! I'm ready!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

QuintessenceX posted:

Seems like those Ogre cannons are gonna need a nerf. It’s wild how they can basically delete SEMs.

Yeah, they are obscene. Real tabletop cannon sniping vibes.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Seducing ogres for their big bad boom boomers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sinteres posted:

I hope chaos dwarfs and Nagash both make it in the game but neither one of them gets hats.

wtf......

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That criticism reminds me of game 2 campaigns people loved that I bounced off of. Like pirates or Taurox. I have one doomstack, and I aimlessly wander around picking fights. Eventually, I win the story. It's the exact opposite of "people won't like this because it doesn't have the mix people want from Total War." People love sending one doomstack crashing into hapless AIs over and over until they get bored. Lots of people want 0 campaign map.

Same with me tbh. I see the appeal, but its not really my playstyle.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Grumio posted:

Building on a suggestion from the last thread the thread title should be '"killed-a-bear workshop"

seconded

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Randallteal posted:

Yeah, when Yuri went Goth and sacrificed his brother with his evil magic sword I was like "we get it, you played Command and Conquer: Red Alert."

lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Majik Ninja posted:

Jesus this game runs so awful. Sitting around the recommended settings i have been in the first tutorial battle for over an hour

E: I just got my ability and three seconds pass for each one that the timer goes down.

turned fog off?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is it just me or does Nurgle have a... smell about them? Def dont want to be down-wind, if you know what I mean...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I love the lore bullshit of the prologue I just wish I could make my dumbass bro stop pausing to tell me how to move units or level up. Add an "I'm just here for the story" toggle. CA you hacks, 2/10.

The protag thought the same thing!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

They certainly don't handle Chaos with kid gloves in this game, despite being the largest faction.

This was on Turn 13

Had the same at 15! WE's are now wandering around and I ofc cant catch 'em. The home province movement rate mods spoiled me I guess :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Had a friend send plague drones after a fleeing enemy lord, and 8 of the 9 would almost get there then they all would turn back and go to the one stuck in melee. Really illustrated the formation/clumping issue well imo.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

how do you even start the mini campaigns

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Chad Jihad posted:

If you are kislev you have a provincial commandment that will slow down enemy armies

Also, keep in mind there is no benefit to offering sweet deals to the AI. In Three Kingdoms if you signed a deal the AI loved you'd get extra good rep with them from however much more positive opinion they had of the deal. This is not the case in Warhams 3, so you should always auto-balance the deal to get more money, they won't treat you any nicer for giving them a bargain. I guess taking money from them does weaken them a little, but that's a super-fringe edge case where that would ever become relevant

Every faction should get a slow-enemies commandment imo. Would help a ton

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

My horror lord of Tzeentch ascended at 15, surprisingly

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Third World Reagan posted:

every factions trade should work like this imo

Absolutely agreed

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Collapsing Farts posted:

I'm struggling with Tzeentch. The enemy just keeps running into my stuff and annihilating it. I'm mostly fighting Slaneesh so maybe they're just really good at it. My blue horrors seem to just suck at everything

Can a Pro Tzeentch Player please teach me the ways

Knights of Tzeentch and Doom riders both rule. Flamers on flanks are how I imagine flamethrowers SHOULD be. Kairos out front to thin enemy with his magic. Blue Fire of Tzeentch versus single entities works well.

IMO if you can use Knights as your anvil. They have very good MA and MD. Doom Knights as assassins that can tank a bit in a pinch and retreat to regen barrier. Just be wary of flamer friendly fire.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Also I hereby decree! Having completed the final battle as Tzeentch, it "loving sucks" and is way too long

I laughed at 14 Soul Grinders in the preview pic, it seemed silly and excessive. Turns out it didnt include reinforcenent waves

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kind of fearful for how alot of new factions will match up vs old. Greenskins vs Ogres will be nasty.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Avasculous posted:

Is it just me, or is autoresolve way more pessimistic in this one?

It gives me defeat predictions on anything except extremely one-sided fights. I'm having to play a ton of battles where the enemy army just melts in <5 minutes because autoresolve was pretty sure 14 units would beat 30 and a LL.

This is as Slaanesh, so I'm wondering if maybe it underestimates their unit types?

no it def is, and I hate it

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I want to try SFO for WH2, do I just get the main mod or do I need all the various submods as well? Is it just plug and play?

Its plug and play, just need the core

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Has anyone gotten into multiplayer campaigns yet? how do they run?

decently but not having early missions to start you off is really rough

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zore posted:

They also seem to just have really good base replenishment.

Yeah Ogre replenishment is marvelous. 2 turns generally and Im back to full.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

did it work well?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Has any modder tried to expand on locking units by tech? Like doing it across all factions etc

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

more like snore wagons :smug:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wonder if those tower timers are moddable yet

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lmao i never noticed that, that rules

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hell yeah, Arghy has returned

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

And I will laud it

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Twigand Berries posted:

one battlemap is a nightmare hellscape that is just a gigantic grimgrog bound and naked roaring into the void as dwarven armies maneuver upon his pocked flesh

e: have i invented a new kink?

lmao holy poo poo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

*hoots, hollers*

Tell it like it is, Arghy!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

It's 'Arghy'

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Id like to sell you for 1 gold to a passing caravan, Arghy

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mordja posted:

I screamed

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Give tzeentch warriors a sword and magic glowy hand with a bound spell Im not totally sold on Tzeentch shield for mortal units tbh.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Collapsing Farts posted:

What is the major drawback of the chaos dwarves? It seems they're "Dwarves, but also with magic" which seems like a step up from "just dwarves". Are there just less of them in the lore to make up for that or something?

Yeah there arent alot of em and majority of army comp should be slave fodder. But given how that turned out with Skaven...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Panfilo posted:

Anything that makes Greasus fatter? Dude is barely "Alabama obese". You wanna call yourself shockingly obese you better be Jabba the Hutt in girth.

This is needed. Even if his animations are compromised and hes just laying there ramming the enemy without even swinging.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

truly, Arghy's Vision will lead us to the heights of gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The game is awesome but it won't be truly great until I can march Grimgor into the Chaos wastes to gently caress poo poo up. Luckily that's coming soon.

qft