Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/1493118791353614337?t=iGS5EGgzksaPm-Nw2Y-lFQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Mandalore dropped his video sooner than I thought

https://youtu.be/ZRJo3R3ANsw

Edit: beaten

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Blood DLC is free if you bought it for any of the pervious games. Also the reason it has to be separate is to keep the Teen Rating.

Glad to know the ESRB doesnt care about all the Slaanesh daemons offering to suck me off

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Dramicus posted:

The weird thing is that they totally have leaned into giving the player "you won, here's a stupidly good trait, go hog wild" in the past, like with Norsca's campaign. Have they just forgotten, or what?

I think the idea is that Be'lakor being your bitch is the reward

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Yeah im tired of all the preview stuff, just want to play it myself at this point

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kazzah posted:

One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES

thats a thread title if I ever saw one

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Unironically considering waking up at 3am to play this before work

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

glad I woke up an hour before I intended because its still not done

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
still unpacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEdUuD_F2Q

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Oh thank god Im in

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Accidently installed this on my normal hard drive instead of the SSD so after this morning's session I'm reinstalling it on the SSD

Started with Katarin and Kislev, super fun but a little weird to get used to, was fine fighting the Norscans but fighting other Kislevites took me a little bit due to the AI having their entire army on skirmish mode (?)

Luckily I figured it out and have a proper gunline setup to unite Kislev with so I can blast them to pieces as they mill around

Oh and I'm starting to get a little tired of settlement battles already but that might just be due to the aforementioned army wide skirmish mode on all the Kislev settlements I fought

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Dr Christmas posted:

I got it unpacked last night, but just clicked through some menus before going to bed.

It confirmed that Cathay characters don’t have quest battles for legendary items. I wonder why that happened.

Katarin also gets her Frost Blade with no quest battle but then has a quest battle for her cloak

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

canada jezus posted:

Is it me or are special buildings less cool
In this one. Only have the one +-80 skarbrand game to go off atm. Also i want old chaos to get updated as soon as possible.

So far the Kislev ones seem to be in line with previous games, including one that gives massive growth in the province its built in which gives less growth at max level but makes the bonus factionwide

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Im just glad to know they're working on unshrinking lustria and naggaroth

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kazzah posted:

Yeah I wish they made some of the passages wider, I keep getting this thing where I can't drag a unit box into the space I want

I think this is part of my problem too because at least in the kislev settlements it really feels like every lane needs to be 1.5x as big as they are

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
yeah Kislev is super weird and I'm not sure I like or dislike it yet

having a whole faction made up of Free Company and Lothern Sea Guard is much weirder in practice than you would think, I keep trying to lay out my standard lines of melee infantry in front of my ranged troops before remembering that I don't have to do that, on top of that I need to get a feel for when I should be sending guys into melee or hanging back and shooting because I have absolutely not figured it out yet

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

try having a full stack of sea guard or sisters

now that I think about it maybe its just the gunpowder units throwing me, they're so insanely short ranged compared to the ice guard, I just built the building for ice guard so maybe its time to transition to full stacks of them with some little groms to taste

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I haven't even played Slaanesh yet but already this seems like the horniest depiction of Slaanesh since the old Realm of Chaos books

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mordja posted:

G-dubs posted a Cathay article which includes this map:

Singling out the Hobs like that seems promising...

Promising for Warhammer 3 or for The Old World though?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I also think that the superheavy cavalry a lot of the warhammer 3 factions get access to (war bears, mournfang, bloodcrushers) are an entirely different equation than normal cav

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
See I think this is the most interesting faction lineup of all the games, the two previous games had at least one faction I had no interest in (dwarfs and empire in 1, high elves in 2) while for this one Im genuinely interested in all of them.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Perestroika posted:

I gotta say, I have no idea how to do the Kislev faction mechanic. Getting devotion seems to take forever, and even when I try to time the Invocations I get like maybe 10 or so supporters out of it. Meanwhile the other factions seems to be getting 2 supporters per turn no problem.

Churches give a passive income of supporters per turn, a few other buildings as well so make sure to give the building browser a once over

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
switched over to Skrag to get a break from Kislev and try out the broken as poo poo gorgers, but settlement battles and sieges are even more annoying because the game seems to have serious trouble pathing my dummy thicc ogres through these itty bitty streets

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Lol Skrag's quest battle is a full stack of every anti-large unit in the skaven roster backed up by a second full stack of night runners and slingers

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Ideally all of Slaanesh's roster would suck some balls

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

jadebullet posted:

So I haven't started Ogres yet, but to Greaseass Goldtooth get his proper palanquin that he has for the model, or is he just a wheelbarrow boy the entire campaign?

Geasus never had a Palanquin, just a horde of gnoblars crowd surfing him wherever he wanted to go

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

All of the cavalry I've used so far (Kislev and Cathay) has been completely worthless and just a waste of slots in an army. Is that true for other races?

I've had a lot of success with War Bears and Khorne Juggernaut Cavalry

edit:

Gonkish posted:

All of the ME starts and presumed WH3 faction starts on the prototype IE map from the files. GEE, LOOK AT THAT GIANT CHORF-SHAPED HOLE IN THE DARKLANDS. :allears:

I would no be shocked if the Daemon factions got moved around a lot more drastically for the IE map, especially because i'm not sure why you would add the Antarctic provinces if you were gonna put something there

AnEdgelord fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 20, 2022

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Broken Cog posted:

:thunk:

If you've played the Kairos campaign, you will know why

I guess this means that Kairos is the only character in the game that will be able to get every single lord defeat trait

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I am curious what their plans are for expanding the monogod factions, they have everything from the Daemons armybook and Nurgle even has all the Daemons from the Tamurkhan book (not the mortals from Tamurkhan though)

The only things left to do are marked beastmen, marked chaos mortals or backporting AoS stuff

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

When you haven't killed anyone in the last three seconds

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Minor settlement battles needed some more work:

-Aside from a few settlements, the lanes in the settlements are too narrow, far too often the battle descends into a giant blob fight just for your main force to even get into the settlement proper while your cav/dogs capture points on the other side of the map

-Unit pathing is atrocious in these maps, far too often I would tell a unit to do something, go off to deal with another part of the battlefield and come back to find them with their thumb up their rear end standing around getting shot, Ogres with their large model size makes this even worse for them

-Entire supply system needs to be redone, the towers just reassembling themselves after they are destroyed and barricades popping up in the middle of battle makes things much more frustrating, I would rather we go back to the old Attila days where barricades were prebattle deployables and towers were just built into the settlement and could be destroyed or flipped to your side if you capture their associated point.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
People keep saying that CA should have learned their lesson about people not liking narrative campaigns but in wh2 after the vortex plenty of dlc factions and characters had their own narrative campaigns were very widely praised. The Tomb Kings hunt for the books, Grom and Eltharion, and Vampirates and the Merwyrm. I dont think "we hate narrative campaigns" is the signal the community has been sending for the past couple years. People just hated the Vortex.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

I always love this image whenever it pops up

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hawgh posted:

Semi-related: I really like the barks of the Tzeentch stacks. It makes Tzeentch seem not so much the god of plotters and schemers, but more the god of the deeply psychotic paranoid schizophrenics.

When it comes to Tzeentch these things arent mutually exclusive

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pretty sure the Greater Daemons could hand most Game 1 and 2 Lords their rear end.

Skarbrand alone could break pretty much every previous combat lord over his knee, legendary or not

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
don't worry everyone, by the time we're done with Elden Ring the game will be in a good place

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

My Skarbrand campaign continues to be hilarious, this might be the only one of the campaigns I finish on this map, but I think I'm gonna paint the map entirely red as well because it's so much fun being the big red truck.

I said this in the other thread but its so good, its like an ultra-refined version of Taurox's campaign with all the rough edges smoothed out so you can enjoy the pure unfiltered violence

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Alright I beat Elden Ring, have CA addressed any of the big problems yet?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kanos posted:

They released a small bugfix patch which required a lot of people to redownload the entire game and also broke pre-patch saves.

poo poo, I wanted to finish that skarbrand campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Oh well, guess Ill just have to play elden ring again