Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I, for one, protest the unrealistic body standards promoted by this game. It is impossible to expect that everyone can simply grow crab arms or learn how to poo poo out adorable/disgusting little scamps all over their enemies' faces. I am writing a sternly worded letter to CA that will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears as they continue to pander to the "being a giant rage machine that solos armies" crowd.

Pre-order canceled.

(Nurglings are the best unit gently caress the haters.)

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

Hmm do you get the Orgres pre order if you buy a steam cdkey from one of the legit sega approved places?

Yes. I got WH2 from Fanatical (because they were doing the same sale that they're doing with WH3), and got Norsca without issue. The same is true for WH3 and the Ogres. Just make sure they're a legit place, and you're good. (I highly recommend Fanatical, they haven't given me any issues whatsoever.)

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Please use this post to exclusively post Nurgling pictures and .gifs, please and thank you :3:

This is the best idea.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Imrik marries Miao Ying. This is canon, GW you cannot sue me.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo, they're eliminating so much unnecessary guessing from diplomacy, and I love it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Azran posted:

I hope they rework those two, I very rarely see them.

Yeah, Gotrek and Felix are definitely one of the flubs of the first game. They could use a rework of some sort.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, they'll probably indicate a rough timeframe for the big map in the DLC schedule. Nothing will be set in stone. Mortal Empires dropped in October of 2017, roughly a month after the game released on Sept. 28th.

This one might take longer, but we'll see when the content release schedule lands.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s from the official forums. The biggest babies among Total War fans.

That makes perfect sense. The official forums are like 25% as bad as TWC, if TWC was somehow anything other than weird, nationalist/probably fascist incels. (TWC will always be worse than any other TW fandom out there.)

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 13, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Kanos posted:

It truly is hell to be forced, at gunpoint, with tears rolling down your cheeks, to click on every TWW3 battle, campaign, and roster video. :(

I love that he both can't control himself and is getting pissed that they're not catering to his lack of self-control. TW forums. :allears:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Sinteres posted:

I hope chaos dwarfs and Nagash both make it in the game but neither one of them gets hats.

You absolute monster.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All I know is that the Ogres look AMAZING and I want to play them.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So, basically, the biggest complaint about WH3 from people (aside from obvious bugs) is that the campaign objective is weird/repetitive for a TW game. Which won't bother me, because once Immortal Empires opens up I'm pretty much only ever going to play that.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I have the game pre-loaded and it is calling to me. Whispering sweet nothings in my ear about not needing sleep and stuff.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Gonna poop all OVER some nerds. And then boot up Warhams the Third.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Castle Drachenfels is on the Realm of Chaos Map.

Yeah, Skrag starts in that province, even.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Levin posted:

Tell me the super secret technique that will unlock this for me before 3am EST so I can play before I crash, TELL ME NOW

There is none. That's the secret. It's a global release, we just have to wait. :smith:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What the gently caress it unpacked early?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It runs surprisingly well, not gonna lie. Map is a lot more readable, as well.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sujy21/combined_map_regions_from_the_game_file/

Looks like the included the region files for the big map.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What am I missing when it comes to recruitment for the Daemon Prince? I have enough glory with each god to have 2-3 options for recruitment but my only options in the actual recruitment screen are blue horrors, hounds and furies.

Which God you dedicate settlements to matters, in that it directly affects what recruitment buildings can be built there. If you dedicate to Tzeentch, you can only build his recruitment buildings, hence you're getting Blue Horrors.

You need to dedicate to the other gods to be able to build their stuff and recruit their units.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Really, really hoping that the big map is something like what that datamined map entails. GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Also, holy poo poo I actually have to pay attention to diplomacy now wtf. It's like... useful. WHAT THE poo poo. :allears:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Campaign map performance seems... iffy on my 1080 (resolution 2560x1080). Not unplayable, but noticeably low. I'm gonna have to play with settings more. Battles are fine, though, no problems there.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Had two full stacks of Norscans rush me at Kislev while Katarin was away dealing with rebel shits, and I turtled up in the citadel area with towers raining bullshit down and wrecked them. I like the new settlements.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I love how you can tell what type of corruption is going on in an area just by looking at it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Man, that big map leak has a lot of potential. I wish there was a bit more water west of Naggaroth, but beyond that... holy poo poo that's the entire WH world (with the exception of Nippon, to no one's surprise).

Ind and Khuresh are there but likely not playable, or full of lizardmen or something. But the rest of the map looks good. I'm hoping the final one is something like that, because I NEED IT.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

I had no idea how much of the Empire was going to be on the map. Is Mannfred hanging out down south or did they leave VC off?

Of course this also resulted in immediate amphibious assault from men and wood elves, but that wasn't the early-game exit I thought it would be.

Yeah, Manny is down there. He's doing his dumb poo poo.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Went from TAA to FXAA and gained a good chunk of FPS on the campaign map.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

there's gotta be a bug with the daemon prince, there's no way it's intended that everyone comes after you all the time. they should add that for the daemon factions to Kislev and Cathay.

I think it's just the age-old TW AI thing: it sees the player, and it beelines for the player. It's very noticeable at times in previous games in the series, some more so than others. The Warhammer games have been notorious for it, though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Makes sense. Another thing, I can't seem to find the camera controls button that lets you set the speed for heroes and lords on turn end.

Is it not still in the upper left? I thought it was. I normally just hit R at the start of a campaign so that it speeds through poo poo, myself.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Man, I'm definitely on the "the story objective is kind of a pain in the rear end" train. Game owns, but I'm hoping IE lands soon.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think the reason people are sick of settlement battles is because those are pretty much the only fights that the AI is willing to take. 95% of the time the AI runs from fights, even if they're evenly matched. It only ever attacks if it has an overwhelming advantage. That's how it worked in WH2, as well, and that's why so many fights were settlement fights in that game as well. With instant attrition, the AI doesn't attack in sieges until the garrison has suffered extensive attrition damage.

So the only fights you can reliably get are: offensive siege battles, ambushes, and defensive siege battles that you stand absolutely no chance of surviving. Field battles almost never happen, because the AI just runs away.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Well, my understanding is that sometime next week (i.e., between the 21st and 25th) they're going to release a DLC roadmap. If we're going to learn about the timeline for the big map, we might learn it there.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

i assume you're not supposed to be able to auto resolve the special gatekeeper fights? I don't mind because the khorne one is more tedious tower defence stuff.

It's intentional, and I'm glad for that, because I did it once and I don't feel like another 45 minute TD fight, let alone THREE MORE of those in one campaign.

OwlFancier posted:

They are pretty sluggish to respond yeah, not sure if I'm a fan, which is odd because I never really felt that way with other monstrous infantry.

I've noticed a lot of weird unit behavior, both in the (very, very few) field battles I've fought, but especially in settlements. Seems like the pathing is being really loving sketchy, in general, and it's especially noticeable for the thicc boys.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sw4rqi/yes_i_think_i_definitely_found_the_source_of_fps/

This person seems to have figured out what is causing framerate issues. (Spoiler: it's fog, even on low the fog is murdering framerates.)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Cathay's economy is pretty nuts. Once you can have multiple caravans running, get the caravan lords upgraded for cargo capacity and whatnot... you're pulling in 25-30k for a 3k investment 10 turns earlier. That is, of course, assuming the caravan survives... but even if it doesn't, you're out around 3k. Big deal.

You can poo poo money if you focus on caravans. It's almost High Elf levels of strong (though obviously riskier, and certainly not as strong as the Dark Elf economy).

Also the Norscans actually attacked the Bastion for once. Melting a bunch of mammoths and marauders with crane gunners, sky junks, crossbows, and cowtillery is fun. (The grand cannon has a GREAT firing sound.) The harmony mechanic works pretty well on the walls, you can stagger ranged and melee units along its length and they both benefit. Jade warriors and celestial dragon guard on the walls with harmony buffs basically refuse to die, and meanwhile the ranged units are making GBS threads doom on everything below.

I really want the big map. I want more of Cathay, and less "IT'S CORRUPTION WHACK A MOLE TIME AGAIN! WE KNOW YOUR lovely DEBUFF STILL HASN'T FALLEN OFF BUT gently caress YOU HERE WE GO AGAAAAAIN!" Let me play in the sandbox, CA. I'm kind of sick of the realms already.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 19, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

genericnick posted:

You can send more than one at a time?

Yeah, you can have multiple caravans running at once (I've ever done two at a time, so I'm not sure exactly how many you can chuck into Ogre bellies). The real limiter is a.) whether or not they survive and b.) demand. Too many caravans = not enough payout to be worth the risk. But demand seems to be remarkably high, most of the time.

You can recruit new caravan dudes by clicking the "+" button below where the caravan lord is listed.

Also, the items they can bring back tend to be very strong. Sending a caravan to Castle Drakenhof (while Mannfred is still alive) will net you the Von Carstein Blade, which is pretty good, though it does spread vampiric corruption. There's a talisman that gives you +20% research speed, a Luminark lens (from Altdorf, iirc) that makes your opponent vulnerable to fire damage and gives you a bound fireball spell to smack them with, etc.

Dramicus posted:

Looks like all of the "hold this city as this faction" achievements don't actually care about which faction you are.

I've gotten the Kislev and Cathay achievements for holding their respective important cities while playing as chaos factions even though the description suggests you should be playing as Kislev or Cathay.

Yeah, all of these seem super bugged. Playing as Katarin, I got access to the tech trees from all three cities despite only holding Kislev itself. That's not supposed to be a thing, but it was. Something's fucky under the hood.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 19, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

genericnick posted:

?? Maybe there is a tech or item? Are you playing the Iron bro?

Playing as BEST DAUGHTER EVER. It must be a tech then. I'm pretty far down the line, can't check right now. It's also possible that I'm somehow bugged because, like, there's a lot of buggy poo poo right now. So I'm not 100% sure. But I definitely had two caravans running simultaneously.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo one of the armies in Khorne's realm is a VC army of tier 1 and 2 poo poo. Late game Cathay over here just deleting it in a few volleys.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok looks like I definitely ran into some weird bug or something with caravans earlier, because now I can only send one at a time. I absolutely sent two at once, but I looked through the tech tree and there's no option to increase the number of caravans at once. I am 99% sure that was a weird fluke.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

jadebullet posted:

So I haven't started Ogres yet, but to Greaseass Goldtooth get his proper palanquin that he has for the model, or is he just a wheelbarrow boy the entire campaign?

He's wheelbarrow boy. I guess a carpet of gnoblars would be challenging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All of the ME starts and presumed WH3 faction starts on the prototype IE map from the files. GEE, LOOK AT THAT GIANT CHORF-SHAPED HOLE IN THE DARKLANDS. :allears: