Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
I didn't see a thread on this and figured it deserved one.

What if Homeworld, but Expanse style ship drives and enough micromanagement to make the most neckbeardy grognard grow a Rasputin sized beard?

That's Nebulous so far which dropped on Early Access.

It currently has a tutorial and a skirmish mode. It has a good ship designer with a lot of different components and a reasonably complex set of systems that interact with each other.

So far the main downside has been some of the controls are a little counter intuitive but they get covered in the tutorial. I also wish you could override PDCs to be used as main guns, but that might be a buried option I just haven't found yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/887570/NEBULOUS_Fleet_Command/

Visually the ships are gorgeous boxes with a lot of subsystem visuals and a nice damage system. Railgun rounds coring ships feels like it's a love child between the Expanse and Homeworld.

There appears to be an in depth damage and kinetic modeling system (I'm guessing the internal damage displays line up with the hitboxes inside of the ships for systems).

Anyway something that will be interesting to watch the campaign develop and what direction quality of life changes take it. But it definitely has a high barrier of entry on the "spawn some ships and start shooting" side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU