Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1549477388207136770

:lol: this is such a bad idea, I'm so pumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

tongboy posted:

So the racing will suck, the drivers will hate it, but I have to say I will watch the poo poo out of it.

The new car at its worst is on flat track, so of course this is their idea for excitement. The streets of one of the flattest cities in North America.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that's the exact route iracing scanned two years ago, they had to have had this deal in the bag before then.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

shame on an IGA posted:

that's the exact route iracing scanned two years ago, they had to have had this deal in the bag before then.

It was kind of telling even then, because if you are going to create a fictional digital Chicago racetrack this was pretty weak but well in the realms of possibility. Had they run the iracing one straight through the city and past landmarks, over bridges etc no one would have batted an eyelid, but this definitely seemed like it was a proof of concept or something.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Is that the married with children fountain?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

yep

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

AB is going to call PBR for CBS.

Meanwhile, we get Rick "and the 54 to the lead (even though it was the 98)" Allen.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 24, 2022

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

e: nevermind Varsha was never NBC, he was Fox via Speed.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 24, 2022

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

On the sports car side there’s been much hand-wringing over what they mean by IMSA, and I think the leading theory is it could be a new series starting next season that uses LMP3 prototype cars along with GT4 street-based cars, with a focus on Bronze-rated drivers.

So it’ll be loving carnage :getin:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SRX seems to have ended in controversy with Marco Andretti being awarded with the championship... but he apparently got awarded an extra 3 points in the first week than he should have and Ryan Newman should be the champion...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

big nipples big life posted:

e: nevermind Varsha was never NBC, he was Fox via Speed.

I didn't see the original post, but Bob Varsha was very briefly with NBC doing fill-in coverage when they didn't have enough play by play guys for all the various properties they had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogyUTv1FVKM

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ty in the 45 today - Kurt is out with a concussion

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I didn't see the original post, but Bob Varsha was very briefly with NBC doing fill-in coverage when they didn't have enough play by play guys for all the various properties they had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogyUTv1FVKM

Yeah I think that's why I thought he was with NBC but he's still under fox contract.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nascar disqualified Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch after post race inspection. Chase Elliott wins at Pocono

I wish I were making this up.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

CBJSprague24 posted:

Nascar disqualified Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch after post race inspection. Chase Elliott wins at Pocono

I wish I were making this up.

Was just coming to post this, what a wild way to lose after wrecking Chastain. Sure took them a while to do tech, I feel like it's usually quicker

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Elliott is going to cruise to the title. Everything is going his way right now.

Yes I am trying to jinx it.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

oh no not denny hamlin and kyle busch

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

chamois posted:

oh no not denny hamlin and kyle busch

Please consider who it gave the win

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Please consider who it gave the win

easy top 3 for danny suarez

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
https://twitter.com/nascarcasm/status/1551365075121889282?s=21&t=yrHYLJB_Rwg2_v3WAXkjIQ

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
What about the 19, 20 and even the 23 and 45 might have the same poo poo. Surprised they actually took the win away instead of like taking the points away and then like suspending crew members like crew and car chiefs. I believe they'd done that with the 22 not that long ago and the 48 with Jimmie and Knaus several times right?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

First time they've stripped a win since 1960 so whatever was on those cars was pretty egregious.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think they stopped doing the encumbrance thing a while ago, this is just the first time it's come up in Cup since then.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i think you gotta dock the win. there's one race a week and if a guy who's cheating blatantly enough to get caught walks away with it you've basically wasted everybody's time and money. not to mention you put a guy in the wall with a car that shouldn't have been up front anyway

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

What about the 19, 20 and even the 23 and 45 might have the same poo poo.

if they did they would have gotten DQed i think

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

if they did they would have gotten DQed i think

i was thinking this but i read that they take a closer look at the top 2. i'm not sure if there's a rule that you look closer at the teammates if you find a failure. Bell was top 5 and i'm sure they took a long look at his car and didn't find it, but why wouldn't JGR give him the same boost as the 11 and 18?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

chamois posted:

i was thinking this but i read that they take a closer look at the top 2. i'm not sure if there's a rule that you look closer at the teammates if you find a failure. Bell was top 5 and i'm sure they took a long look at his car and didn't find it, but why wouldn't JGR give him the same boost as the 11 and 18?

Yeah that is basically what I was getting at, if the top 2 on the same team have the same issue wouldn't you also check the other team, and affiliated cars? Surprising Bell didn't have it if they did take a good look at him since he finished top 5. Bell was also pretty good all day. I also wouldn't be surprised if an affiliate team like 23/11 wouldn't have the advantage either I was just lumping them in the question, did they get looked at all for this too? Considering how bad the 19 was most of the day I'm not surprised nothing was found on that car if they even checked it.

Whatever they had for an advantage it certainly explains why they seemed to be some of the only cars that could easily pass all day long. I think the #1 was the only other car that could actually move through the field easily.

chamois posted:

i think you gotta dock the win. there's one race a week and if a guy who's cheating blatantly enough to get caught walks away with it you've basically wasted everybody's time and money. not to mention you put a guy in the wall with a car that shouldn't have been up front anyway
Well in the past they would basically take away all the advantage of the win while leaving the offending car the official winner. Like they take the points, the playoff points, suspend crew members, fine and penalize the team money and points and leave it at that. It is kind of out of precedent to fully DQ the cars and give somebody else the win.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I wouldn't be surprised if the same modifications were on the other JGR cars, but the top five finishers get the "extra careful" inspection and the rest of the teams were probably already loading up by the time the 11 and 18 failed.

From what I've heard/read, it sounds like they added some material to the front end of the car, presumably for aerodynamic purposes, and that was covered under the vinyl wrap.

The DQs have happened in Xfinity a few times now. It happened to Allmendinger twice in a month in 2019. It just took a while for it to happen in Cup.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/nascar/status/1551629300595564549?s=21&t=25AnKoIc9zDqTFxeCezTiA

Must have been pretty loving cheaty to not appeal that.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

mearn posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the same modifications were on the other JGR cars, but the top five finishers get the "extra careful" inspection and the rest of the teams were probably already loading up by the time the 11 and 18 failed.

From what I've heard/read, it sounds like they added some material to the front end of the car, presumably for aerodynamic purposes, and that was covered under the vinyl wrap.

The DQs have happened in Xfinity a few times now. It happened to Allmendinger twice in a month in 2019. It just took a while for it to happen in Cup.

Per this article it was tape Infront of each front wheel opening under the wrap. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/07/25/nascar-joe-gibbs-racing-disclose-what-led-to-disqualification/

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Oh Jesus

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1551725802948947968?s=21&t=My-aAW6Mb3QXKDeM6FgXYg

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Ok, im dumb, but getting a win stripped because of a piece of packing tape under the wrap?

Out of spec is out of spec, but that seems pretty heavy punishment for the crime.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

What a loving weirdo. I interpreted the picture of his kid charitably, because it's his kid but naw this is what he was going for. Is this stop-the-count brain?

Don't know if he thinks he's a heel character, or getting dumped hosed him up, or it's CTE, but it seems like something in his brain switched a year or so ago. I think he just doesn't enjoy his job anymore.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

What a loving weirdo. I interpreted the picture of his kid charitably, because it's his kid but naw this is what he was going for. Is this stop-the-count brain?

Don't know if he thinks he's a heel character, or getting dumped hosed him up, or it's CTE, but it seems like something in his brain switched a year or so ago. I think he just doesn't enjoy his job anymore.

i think it's just goofing on a weird situation

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

“Show more personality…no no. It like that.”

He’s the first winner to be DQ’d since JFK, it’s a loving weird situation.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I think it's all pretty cut and dry. When your car is 0.1 cm too low in post-race inspection, that's cutting it too close, that's why you only get docked points for that. This is what I've always believed to be the Joe Gibbs way.

I'm also the weird guy who complains that Michael Waltrip, Alex Rodriguez, and Pete Rose all get broadcasting work.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Ok, im dumb, but getting a win stripped because of a piece of packing tape under the wrap?

Out of spec is out of spec, but that seems pretty heavy punishment for the crime.

it was 'a piece of tape' from the team's perspective and from the NASCAR inspection side it was a deviation from the CAD files in an aero-sensitive area.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
They should have kept it under wraps

punissuer
Nov 6, 2009

Ungratek posted:

He’s the first winner to be DQ’d since JFK, it’s a loving weird situation.

JFK was more of a DNF than a DQ, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

punissuer posted:

JFK was more of a DNF than a DQ, imo.

:drat: