Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All times are ARIZONA STANDARD TIME (add two hours for eastern, subtract one for pacific, at least this time of year)

Friday 5:00 PM - Celebrity Game - For True Degenerates and Losers only. I'm barely turning on my monitor. E: also the Rising Stars Challenge which I forget every year even though it's sometimes the best basketball game of the weekend.
Saturday 6:00 PM - "NBA All Star Saturday" - Skills challenge, Three Point Contest Dunk Contest and sometimes some other weird poo poo.
Sunday 6:00 PM - The actual All Star Game" - Cheer on Team LeBron or Team Durant*
Team LeBron

Starters:

Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
DeMar DeRozan, Chicago Bulls
LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers [CAPTAIN]
Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets

Reserves:

Jarrett Allen (Replaces injured James Harden)
Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
Darius Garland, Cleveland Cavaliers
James Harden, Philadelphia 76ers (Injured, will not play)
Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns
Fred VanVleet, Toronto Raptors

Team Durant*

Starters:

Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets [CAPTAIN] (Injured, will not play)
Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies
Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
Andrew Wiggins, Golden State Warriors
Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks

Reserves:

LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets (Replaces injured Kevin Durant)
Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
Dejounte Murray, San Antonio Spurs (Replaces injured Draymond Green)
Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors (Injured, will not play)

*not featuring Kevin Durant

Rick fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jack Harlow has the weirdest floater.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Clear path foul review in the celeb all star game truly the sport is growing.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I don't recall this many dunks happening in the celeb game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If the peloton guy wins mvp maybe its time to give the celebrity game a break

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I appreciate that Cleveland was promised a celebrity all star game but its really just Anderson verajao chasing down loose balls

Give the mvp to high jump guy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cuevo big mad at the all star game because Walton subbed him out. Checked himself back in Shaq style.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Legit excited for this rising star tourny. I love the "play to 50", I love the tourny aspect.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

clorox is a major sponsor? clorox? really?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Jimmie Allen was robbed

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Pretty boring so far

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
https://twitter.com/clairempls/status/1494845803663265797?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I usually miss the rising stars game is it always even less effort than the ASG

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ok the key is just to ignore the first 40 points. This is fun

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

lol, rip through for the win

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That game ruled

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Worthy deserves to lose for not playing Herb enough. Especially when his team needed defense.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm now committed to watching all three of these

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Kibner posted:

Worthy deserves to lose for not playing Herb enough. Especially when his team needed defense.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008
Official Great Barrington Declaration SA Account - if you see me post, be sure to ignore my stanning for :coronatoot:!
Gravy Boat 2k
this 25 point game is gonna be intense

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jalen green trying to force up a 3 in a situation where it isn't needed and flailing to try to draw the foul makes me think harden isn't so irreplaceable

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chris Quinn remains a biker mouse from mars.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

runaway pancake posted:

this 25 point game is gonna be intense

The final is to 25? drat

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

She should be in it to be real.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

big boi posted:

The final is to 25? drat

Final is to 75, not sure if there's a joke I'm missing though

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lockback posted:

Nah, thanks. Now I want 25

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would have taken my nap during the celeb game if I only remembered the rising star game was on.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lockback posted:

No it’s to 25 the winning total hypothetically adds up to 75 (gonna be more like 77 but w/e)

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008
Official Great Barrington Declaration SA Account - if you see me post, be sure to ignore my stanning for :coronatoot:!
Gravy Boat 2k

Lockback posted:

its to 25

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Really? That's kinda dumb.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cade looks way better than the rest of these dudes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Lockback posted:

Really? That's kinda dumb.

It’s gonna be boring until there’s 25 points to go no matter what, might as well not waste everyone’s time

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Important question: will the G-League guys be rookies again next year after being drafted

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
NFTs gently caress off

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Important question: will the G-League guys be rookies again next year after being drafted

Yep! NBA is a single minute in the NBA.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Refs got some money on team Barry

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
THis is kind of fun, Payton and Barry's competitive energy bleeding into their teams.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

THis is kind of fun, Payton and Barry's competitive energy bleeding into their teams.

Rick Barry's team came out with a set play on the first possession which really makes a lot of sense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress yeah jae'sean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
perfect shot for the end of this