Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Yes the end of February and March. You get it.

I don't know what I want to see tonight, I don't need SNL's take on all of this, but I also do. I do NOT need Kate singing Hallelujah about it, or anything like that. I need SNL to be stupid and funny. And—I cannot believe I'm saying this—I need a Mulaney Musical after Update tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-06NcLZ44cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5J-yGuG7No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEUL9S-VhEs

Thankfully we will get such a musical after Update. We also have another PDD on deck to be cut after Dress, and a Five Timers Club sketch for Mr Mulaney. This is Mulaney's fifth time hosting! And he got there in five seasons, which, according to those NERDS at the SNL Network (formerly SNL Stats,) is the fastest five timer shdhbebwkw whatever

https://twitter.com/thesnlnetwork/status/1487651113952288769?s=21

Big-time stuff

And LCD Soundsystem will be performing the following tracks from their latest... what? Oh they have no new album? No new singles? They're just here to do a few classics from their first album? Sure why not! Please! TAKE MY MIND OFF THE WORLD :shepface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOpf6_kpgLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCnHKHZp2IA

Aaaand your Vintage is last year's season finale, Anya Taylor-Joy with Lil Nas X from 22 May 2021. Tonight I'm watching Andie MacDowell with Tracy Chapman, Ed O'Neill with Harry Connick Jr, and, possibly after the live show, Christopher Walken with Bonnie Raitt, all from S15.

That's it. Please try not to despair too much

pwn fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

pwn posted:

I don't know what I want to see tonight, I don't need SNL's take on all of this, but I also do.
same

I don't know how you write skits about this kind of ongoing situation, like they could have a skit with Zelensky in it but then he could literally die

So far the only jokes I've heard on TV are two very quick and unexpectedly light comments on Friday's Amber Ruffin show which was otherwise Black History themed

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I was looking for this thread earlier to basically wonder if we'll get a shirtless Beck Bennett Putin or a somber singing Kate McKinnon or both.

The Putin on SNL has always been toothless and mostly a way for the show to insinuate that Trump is gay for him so it's probably best to not go that route.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Word is cold open will be sombre

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:ukraine:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Holy gently caress, that cold open. When was the last time they did something like that, the Vegas shooting?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Holy gently caress, that cold open. When was the last time they did something like that, the Vegas shooting?

Yeah I think so.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Immediately on board for monkey judge

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
No Gummo. Tango.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

was that before or after Trump won 6 months after he hosted and they did the worst cold open of all time?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
People like you deserve to be hanged in the public square!

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
where's blue river cat food though

pwn
May 27, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

was that before or after Trump won 6 months after he hosted and they did the worst cold open of all time?

Assuming you're referring to Hallelujah, after. Do you not remember the Las Vegas shooting? It was in October 2017. Tom Petty died the same week.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Also that was the second Blue River sketch SNL has done, but the first time that it was sponsored.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I haven't watched a live SNL in so long that at the first commercial break I was watching the actual commercial thinking "wait, I don't see any cast members. Where is this one going?"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

pwn posted:

Assuming you're referring to Hallelujah, after. Do you not remember the Las Vegas shooting? It was in October 2017. Tom Petty died the same week.

I remember the shooting and the fact that Tom Petty is dead but the timeline of Bad Things is hazy

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh God, this one again

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I like the please don’t destroy guys but apparently 2/3 of them are related to SNL writers/producers

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Was Steve Martin always smoking his pipe backwards in these '5 Club' sketches?

pwn
May 27, 2004

You're one to talk about writing poo poo that aged poorly, Tiny

Gould!!

pwn
May 27, 2004

MY MANS CONAN

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
CONAN!

Edit: Blown line!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Oof that cut away from Conan when he walked in

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Lol that cut totally ruined Conan's entrance.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Conan is still funny as hell

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

He's going to hate himself for years over that blown line. I can't wait to hear him talk about it on the podcast.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
What the hell am I listening to

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DaveWoo posted:

What the hell am I listening to

Audio hell.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I know complaining about the audio during musical guests is old hat but Jesus Christ

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

LCD soundsystem guy hired 4 keyboard players to play 2 notes

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

that little go go bell solo was pretty funny I guess

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Puppy Galaxy posted:

that little go go bell solo was pretty funny I guess

that was the best part because at least he wasn't screaming

pwn
May 27, 2004

Che loves the Russian prostitutes, confirmed

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

that was the best part because at least he wasn't screaming

His drummer and percussionist must have loved it when he still rushed it to the click

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I thought that performance was pretty cool, pretty ballsy to do a tune that's in the key of "noise."

The Ukraine jokes on Weekend Update feel really tasteless considering the somber cold open.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Is that really the best joke professional comedy writers can make about a man getting a AA battery stuck in his penis

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Weekend Update is on fire tonight.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Hahaha gently caress, that condom joke.

Wow, very protractedthis word means the opposite of what I was thinking "oops, all jokes" Weekend Update.

Why haven't we seen Pete Davidson yet this episode, is he scared of Kanye?

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 27, 2022

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Oops all jokes!
:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

I thought that performance was pretty cool, pretty ballsy to do a tune that's in the key of "noise."

The Ukraine jokes on Weekend Update feel really tasteless considering the somber cold open.

Yeah SNL shouldn’t make jokes about current events. They should just have Kate McKinnon play “in the arms of an angel” every time something bad happens