Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
They cut bits from Melissa and Alex after Dress, hence "Oops, All Jokes" from Jost at the end.

Also,

https://twitter.com/baklava_baby/status/1497805046293147648?s=21

And here: A lovely photo.

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1497801321826721798?s=21

Musical incoming!

pwn fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Yeah SNL shouldn’t make jokes about current events. They should just have Kate McKinnon play “in the arms of an angel” every time something bad happens

Lol

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Why haven't we seen Pete Davidson yet this episode, is he scared of Kanye?

He’s loving Olivia Munn

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Puppy Galaxy posted:

He’s loving Olivia Munn

On the clock?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The 5th version of this sketch shouldn’t work but it does

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"Oh my God, is she okay?!"

"I'm better than okay! o/` I am high on bath salts!"

pwn
May 27, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

You had me at the B&H Photo shoutout

pwn
May 27, 2004

🎶 I'm fappin' on the train
Just fappin' on the train 🎵

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
gently caress me, LCD Soundsystem as the Guardian Angels. This sketch is great.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Little Shop of Horrors and Jesus Christ Superstar in one place, how can I not be in love :love:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Alright Lorne got me good with that one

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Okay, I laughed really hard at "Oh, really?! I'm possibly the REAL Jesus Christ, and I'm wearing My favorite New York Islanders beer helmet! And if you want this subway, you're gonna have to kill Me again!!"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Okay, I think they've pretty much done all the musicals at this point.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
OK, I don't get the "B&H Photo" joke. Do a lot of Hasids work there or something?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

OK, I don't get the "B&H Photo" joke. Do a lot of Hasids work there or something?

Extremely, well they take like every Jewish holiday off.

Every one

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Haha that's awesome, thank you

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

pwn posted:

Extremely, well they take like every Jewish holiday off.

Every one

Reported

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm catching up on DVR, but yeah, I was just saying this to Mrs. Tarlibone.

I'll be honest: I'm enjoying this episode. I may forget every detail from this episode at some point in the next fortnight or so, but right now, I'm having fun. Oh... and is that a teaser for a You Can't Do That On Television skit? Holy poo poo! I loved that show, and my dad seriously thought it was part of a communist conspiracy to scare American kids into being afraid to say "I don't know."

Seriously. Somehow that is what was going to end capitalism.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like this sketch

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

tarlibone posted:

I'm catching up on DVR, but yeah, I was just saying this to Mrs. Tarlibone.

I'll be honest: I'm enjoying this episode. I may forget every detail from this episode at some point in the next fortnight or so, but right now, I'm having fun. Oh... and is that a teaser for a You Can't Do That On Television skit? Holy poo poo! I loved that show, and my dad seriously thought it was part of a communist conspiracy to scare American kids into being afraid to say "I don't know."

Seriously. Somehow that is what was going to end capitalism.

drat if only your dad was right ……..

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I hope somebody still has green slime in their hair during the big goodbye wave in 14 minutes.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
CALLED IT (kinda)

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

I hope somebody still has green slime in their hair during the big goodbye wave in 14 minutes.

I know it's not Christmas but like, can we just have everyone in the skating rink tonight? As a treat?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
lmao I think Murphy is real mad about the audio mixing from their first tune. He's pointing his vocal mic at the drum kit.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I’d say he’s too old for this but he’s on SNL. Still think the mic pointing thing is ill advised

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mister Speaker posted:

To expand on this, B&H Photo-Video is one of the biggest photography and video supply and equipment stores in the world. They're based in New York City. Their service is incredible, their supply is incredible, it's just a great place, both in-person and online. The owners are very strict Hassidic Jews. Prior to the High Holy Days, B&H staffs up to make sure that they can fulfill as many online and in-person orders and requests and purchases as they can, but they go completely dark during those days.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

lmao I think Murphy is real mad about the audio mixing from their first tune. He's pointing his vocal mic at the drum kit.

I think that’s a choice. He did in the first tune for his own cowbell solo

Edit: I mean it’s a predetermined part of the show. Nothing to do with being mad about the mix he didn’t hear

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 27, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Nice catch

As long as we're having aging hipster bands on: Can we get Belle and Sebastian on please. Please. They even have a new album coming out this year. C'mon you guys

Timby posted:

To expand on this, B&H Photo-Video is one of the biggest photography and video supply and equipment stores in the world. They're based in New York City. Their service is incredible, their supply is incredible, it's just a great place, both in-person and online. The owners are very strict Hassidic Jews. Prior to the High Holy Days, B&H staffs up to make sure that they can fulfill as many online and in-person orders and requests and purchases as they can, but they go completely dark during those days.

:hai:

pwn fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 27, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

A rare crossfade in the closing, new director's mixing it up

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I think that’s a choice. He did in the first tune for his own cowbell solo

I think you might be right. I've never seen them live, despite tons of their tunes at parties and cottage trips. The way he did it certainly seemed like it carried some kind of swagger like it's his style, but I've seen many artists do stuff like that when unhappy with their monitor mixes.

This was a pretty good episode. It had some weak points and again, I think those Ukraine jokes in Weekend Update maybe should have been polished a bit more, especially in light of the decision to have the choir replace the cold open. Still laughing about some of the gags from 'monkey judge' though.

pwn
May 27, 2004

btw SNL Network live aftershow hot take show is on in a few minutes if y'all haven't had yr fill of gabbin about the thing we all just watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE-sV6ZfkYg

(Obviously have to go to youtube to chat)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

John Mulaney proving himself to be one of the funniest fuckers on the planet once again in that monologue.

But more importantly, for years and years I’ve been trying to tell people that LCD Soundsystem are loving terrible, and they did me just the most incredible favor by not just using one performance to prove this, but two. Just absolute garbage, and hopefully never to poison my air holes ever again.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nobody should use an SNL musical performance as a measure of if a band is good or not

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/thatweekinsnl/status/1497812284839804932?s=21

I couldn't possibly agree more

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Timby posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know about any of that. I'd only heard of them because I watch some random NYC rental realtor on Youtube and he goes there. I mentioned to my husband he knew all of that because he's tried to buy from the website on a Saturday in the past.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I live in Canada and I've heard really good things about B&H. I mostly shop through Vistek when I need photo/video/streaming gear, but some of my more professional friends exclusively go through B&H, which is why I'm surprised to only be learning this now. In any case, that fucken rules. Take off those High Holidays.

Freaquency posted:

Nobody should use an SNL musical performance as a measure of if a band is good or not

This is correct. I wish I knew more about the behind-the-scenes with artists' stage directors and SNL's own timeframes, but I suspect it's often an issue of the stars simply not aligning and they're unable to deliver a performance representative of the artist's vision, given the stage size, time constraints, monitoring situation, etc. Sometimes it works out though and you get like, Li'l Nas X or St. Vincent.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm imagining the conversation that's oh you think that band is good well did you see their SNL performance?

Does anyone want to be that person?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I'm just sitting here upset that they were dissing the Churro ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Next they are going to go after the corner Tamale vendors.