Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wepon Durability in BotW is:
This poll is closed.
Good 17 34.00%
Great 33 66.00%
Total: 50 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I will say getting premium youtube was one of the best decisions ever because I like the youtube music app but mostly I watch a lot of videos and i loving REFUSE to be subjected to constant advertising. Not because Im worried it'll work on me just because I hate it, it's painful

yeah, they got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Play posted:

I will say getting premium youtube was one of the best decisions ever because I like the youtube music app but mostly I watch a lot of videos and i loving REFUSE to be subjected to constant advertising. Not because Im worried it'll work on me just because I hate it, it's painful

yeah, they got me

Vanced YouTube. gently caress google

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Death to E3.

Long live Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Believe it or not, it's Keighley

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
RE: E3, RIP

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gaius Marius posted:

Vanced YouTube. gently caress google

apparently was forced to shut down this month

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just gotta get that apk

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I also use YouTube Premium but only because I mostly watch on my iPad Mini and there aren't really any good options there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Twitch ad breaks I've seen on esports-style content have made the stream still visible in the corner while the ad is playing so if something really is happening at least you can kinda look at it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
e3 sucks, just ads: the con. when im elected president my first unlawful act will be to ban all advertisements of videogames that are not currently available for sale. the day you hear about a game title is the day you can buy it. no worrying about registering copyright leaking the info, bc... i already got rid of all that poo poo. all art is public domain the moment it's imagined in perpetuity.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The first gamer president will be the last

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Norco seems like it owns a lot

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoMemo/status/1489656916523425792?s=20&t=itjkSEzOKXCI70SsZxIarA

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Yay, Darktide (AKA Vermintide but in space) has a release date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi87A9EK37o

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Been playing Norco. Extremely good so far. Incredibly moody and evocative writing giving me a strong sense of place for somewhere I've never been or have any real reference for.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

im not a gamer tho

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Heart Machine have announced a Hyper Light Drifter sequel called Hyper Light Breaker, targeting early access in Jan 2023.
Not a ton of details in the trailer but it's going to be 3D and have online co-op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ks_t8ei97c

I wonder if this is getting spun up rapidly given the mixed response that Solar Ash got? I still need to get around to playing that myself.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Fallout 4 is really bad in almost every single way, and while there's a lot of good quest mods, even a heavily modded playthrough is going to involve interacting with a story game, that had to severely limit the responses they could have in the story because of the main character having to be voice acted, twice. The reason it fails is because at it's core, it's trying to be like New Vegas, but don't really understand what made New Vegas great, you can see small parts of it almost all over it.

Diamond City - The Strip
Good Neighbor - Freeside
Sanctuary - Good Springs.
Rail Road - New Mormon Fort

You can also see it with the factions, where they basically aped Fallout New Vegas. I don't mean that they use the same staples of the series. Yes the Brotherhood are assholes in everything but 3, and synths have been real in canon for years, but I mean you've got the brotherhood character you slowly deprogram and they realize they want to break free from their chains. You've got the sad girl with a backstory that loves drinking & drugs. The wise ghoul who is sick of the world's poo poo. The only legitimately cool thing was the Synth Detective and Piper, but after Diamond City the game falls apart with not enough to see, not enough to do, and a billion loving items that are all ostensibly the same thing that you can't scrap until you get to a workbench. If they had spent more time writing and having unique paths / quests that would have been awesome, instead they just attached a mod from Fallout 3 to their (same) new engine, and hosed off with half a game. There's also literally, literally almost nothing to do in Fallout 4. The dialogue options have been so curtailed that they took a genuinely interesting and fun setting, and turned it into a boring shooter. Except the shooting isn't fun either, the weapon customization is really cool, but when you get to the combat part it's all people standing out in the open and clicking on each other. Maybe I have rose colored glasses, or maybe I used way more mods then I thought, but I was legitimately shocked at how bad the AI is at combat. Then of course the stealth is bad too where it's very all or nothing, you're either invisible ghost warrior, or being pegged from two miles away. Or it would be 2 miles away, but everything is so cramped and underwhelming that even big city areas feel like interconnected hallways with a skybox.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The sequel to hyper light drifter is going to be roguelite so RIP any interest I had in that game not even accounting for the change in graphical styles

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rogue lites need to be stopped

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
i wanted to like death stranding but it had too much roguelite metaprogression

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

At what point does a like become a lite?

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Jay Rust posted:

Progression.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like roguelites, might be good, actually

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

When it is no longer like Rogue.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Boba Pearl posted:

Many accurate words about Fallout 4.

A friend of mine is also a big Fallout dork like myself, and we found Fallout 4 to be a "good game" but a bad "fallout game".

There's signs there was a plot change part way through development, hinting that the Sole Survivor was actually a synth. But they didn't pursue this, despite it making infinitely more sense than you miraculously surviving the cryo experiment after the vault computers clearly state EVERY pod failed. Little bits like that have convinced us they threw it out part way while making the game and forgot to clean some clues for the now-removed plot twist.

Which they probably cut for being too predictable.

But it would have made for a better ending with Shaun. Instead of a parent looking for their son, it's a son looking to "save" his parent, establish an empire, and hand control over to them as the first successful Gen 4 synth. (Which there are documents discussing in the Institution, another hint from the probably cut "You Are A Synth" twist)

Pretty sure there's a whole lot more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Still, we boot it up from time to time just to play SimWasteland. It's a ton of fun designing settlements. We so badly wanted FO4 multiplayer just for this kinda stuff.

Our response to F76 was "OH GOD NO! NOT LIKE THAT!"

F76's narrative/lore is a dumpster fire of stupid. The game's not... awful. He enjoyed it for a bit, sticking through server issues and unfixable bugs. And they banned him because he played like 300 hours in three months and assumed all of his insane high level loot must be from cheating and just banned him out of nowhere. (They did eventually rescind the ban like a month later, but too late).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
we should call them rogue jrs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ubisoft open world games are epic and i like them a lot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ChickenHeart posted:

Yay, Darktide (AKA Vermintide but in space) has a release date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi87A9EK37o

Why isnt this thing coming to the PS5? what's the deal there?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

what's ur favorite creedlike

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

No I'm pretty sure they're made by Ubisoft.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's ur favorite creedlike
assasins creed 3 is the best one

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Weapon durability is a good mechanic

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Non Fixed Dark Souls 2 is the best way to play the game

Jay Rust