Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

straight up brolic posted:

The Thunder can’t be loving serious. The league needs to step in and do something again. No way should another teams bench + g leaguers be beating you by 50 points.

Portland and OKC have been trotting out some real dire lineups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NieR Occomata posted:

Is the Westbrook trade the worst trade in NBA history? It has to be up there, right? In how badly it turned out, in how impossible it is and will be to move, in the amount of damage it does to team flexibility right now in dead cap space, in how poor of a fit he ended up being, in how much of an apparent locker room poison he is to the point where it seems like a near-impossibility to keep him just as a matter of course, in the amount of damage it’s done to a contending team, in the amount of damage it will do to their future. Like…the only contender I can think of is some of the Knicks trades made in the mid 2000s, but that was to a team that was on its way out, not in the supposed prime of its championship window.

You're forgetting about the 80s and 90s. Joe Barry Carroll and Ricky Brown for McHale and Parrish, the Barkley trade, etc.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vinestalk posted:

To be fair to Doc, Bball Paul put up big numbers against Luka Garza and the Bad News Benchwarmers. I don't think that's a good metric for determining NBA playoff minutes.

Jordan cant do that. He can barely move at this point

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Give this man 12 minutes a game against Toronto

https://twitter.com/ThiagoPHL/status/1513312630139756549?t=bm1mJMv7RJ_sikRb2oHxsQ&s=19

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah I've had a habit of watching for DJ's activity when he's playing and this type of poo poo is typical. He doesn't even have any fundamentals or veteran tricks to compensate, he's often just kinda watching the ball. I'd almost prefer Millsap, who's also terrible but at least tries to fight for position, box out, create space, etc. The teams defense looks noticeably worse when DJs on.

It's not really about Reed as much as it's about playing well-done Jordan over anyone else.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The Raptors better not go up 3-1 against Philly and suffer a Doc Rivers reversal of fortune collapse

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/LakerFiles/status/1513396166133755905

Bitch-rear end move by a bitch-rear end player.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You're forgetting about the 80s and 90s. Joe Barry Carroll and Ricky Brown for McHale and Parrish, the Barkley trade, etc.

The NOLA Jazz traded away the pick that would have been Magic Johnson for some used coffee grounds, iirc

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
OKC trading 24 years old James Harden for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and a couple of 1st round picks.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Metapod posted:

Lol at demanding the league to step in to stop the thunder from succeeding
I just think there should be a veneer of professionalism that protects us from watching guys that should not be on the court in an NBA game. They could have lost the game with their bench.

Playing fringe G League guys 45 minutes is absurd in the true definition of the word. I couldn’t believe my eyes lmao

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Look man, sometimes Xavier Moon just goes off

Holy poo poo, OKC only played 6 guys the whole game and 5 of them had a -50 plus minus

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I just can't believe that a coach using a name that he stole from an 1870's patent medicine peddler is a fraud.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

theres no shame in getting beaten by amir coffey

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mia Wasikowska posted:

theres no shame in getting beaten by amir coffey
look we all get caffeinated I’m just saying the people getting beat should be some facsimile of “NBA guys” lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bad news, it’s not March any more. I made a playoff n/v thread.

For the record brolic is right. Also brolic changes to bellicose with my autocorrect and that’s delightful IMO.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3999327