Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think the most likely outcome is that Brittney Griner will be banned from entering Russia for life, which would gently caress up her basketball earnings.

I would imagine that the combination of this incident and the fact that a lot of Russian money people are hurting financially right now means that any US basketball players who earn money in Russia are gonna be looking elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Today is a good day, Lebron got the Lakers a big win and I got tickets to see the Bucks play the Nets when I’m in Brooklyn at the end of the month, it’s gonna be real dope.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

As a person who only engages with basketball through Twitter highlights I think Ja Morant should be the second unanimous MVP

https://twitter.com/nba/status/1501363079937933312?s=21

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/sbn_ricky/status/1501600409223409664?s=21

Bronny james is Looking like a Lonzo ball, Alex Caruso, Danny Green type of player

I’m sure LeBron wishes he had an Alex Caruso-type player this year.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Will this be a “Chargers overachieve in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion” year or a “Chargers underachieve in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion” year

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Imagine that you just broke up with someone and you hadn’t seen them in months but you’re going to an event that you know they’ll be at with their new SO so you get all decked out and bring your new girl to this event and when you’re there you get a little too drunk and throw up allllllll over yourself and you have to leave in shame with vomit all down your front

That’s the Sixers today

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I only watched the first episode but it showed West as a bitter whiny baby who was wrong about everything so I’m unsurprised he doesn’t much like it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I realize I'm kinda being Charles Barkley with his whole "best leader in the NBA" schtick, but like, I genuinely believe there's truth to it and I think it's a unique thing. He's NOT a guy who puts up the sexy individual numbers to warrant an MVP. He's not as big or strong or versatile or freakish as guys like Bron, or Jordan, or Magic, or Giannis.

But it's genuinely insane to me how the dude has played for, what, five different franchises now and if I'm not mistaken, been in the playoffs with every single one of them, even at times when on paper they absolutely shouldn't have (see OKC).

It's something you can't really quantify, but that nobody else in NBA history has ever done (to my knowledge).

Can’t be that good a leader if he didn’t even lead any of those teams to the finals before Phoenix

edit: all of those pre-Miami Cavs rosters were way worse than prime Blake/DAJ/Paul but Lebron got there how many times?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

jackofarcades posted:

Most C's still don't take 3s, and a lot of the guys who do either suck at it or don't take many. There's only a few traditional centers that really bomb them, and even then, their percentages aren't always super great (Porzingis, Brook Lopez, Mo Wagner)

The Bucks have two bigs who are unafraid to shoot threes, Bobby Portis is 5th this season in made 3s per game among bigs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

When I first saw this picture I thought “oh is Wilsonville the Thunder’s G-League team?”

edit: be real this looks like the starting lineup for like, the Wilsonville Stormclouds not an actual NBA starting lineup

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It would be really funny if the Warriors’ failure down the stretch and the Mavs’ success led to the Mavs overtaking the Warriors to earn the 3 seed, but then saw them rewarded by having to play the streaking Timberwolves (who could still sneak into the 6th) rather than the uninspiring Jazz

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It will be hilarious if we get Toronto bouncing the 76ers again

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Congratulations to the Utah Jazz on their first round victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This seems like a situation that merits a classic Coach Trade. Vogel for Rivers, I think the Sixers would be happy with that.

Doc Rivers belongs in Philly