Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Extremely good that this is happening since I think I'm the only person on the internet who defended drafting him at that spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Thank u balllsack

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

LeBron is going to drag this Lakers team into the playoffs whether they like it or not.

Also, what do we make of D'Angelo Russell throwing up a TS% of .600+ since January 1? I honestly still don't trust him.

I'm not surprised, Russell put up elite shooting numbers for people his age his first two years in the league and it was weird to me that they just kind of stalled there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I thought the people who were acting like the Warriors were gonna roll to a title were nuts but I still think they at least have a chance. There's so much shooting. They just need to find a way to go back to fouling less while still maintaining some interior D like they were earlier in the year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
You've become a full hater Foochs, Giannis is good and should be no enemy to a basketball fan.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I figured that was the direction even before he showed up to the last game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There's a good chance the really hefty fines stand (like the gamechecks for, missing games) but there's pretty clear fine limits beyond that point in the CBA that the Sixers massively overreached on. So Ben might not get a lot of money back since the game checks are the big chunk of the total money lost, but is gonna get some of it back.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/sbn_ricky/status/1501600409223409664?s=21

Bronny james is Looking like a Lonzo ball, Alex Caruso, Danny Green type of player

LeBron training up Alex Caruso and Reaves is proof of concept.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

KD @truefactsstated

See: posters who have more posts about the Celtics and Lakers than the team they pretend to cheer for.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

Nah, they still look good for the play-in imo and if BI and CJ are healthy by then I could absolutely see them making it

The Blazers are doing a masterful tank job. Pelicans and Lakers gained ground on them despite not having a very good week.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Lakers and Pelicans are going to win a combined 5 games the rest of the season and both still end up in the play in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Lol at sixer fans being shell-shocked the foul hunting team with James Harden and doc rivers falling flat in a big game

Durant actually mentioned in the post game that he thought all the free throws took them out of rhythm.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

rick did you make any posts about how the 04 lakers were just like wmds in iraq

lmao

Jim Buss lied, Steve Nash's knee died.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

It’s kind of weird (and at the same time not that weird) that the Suns are 8.5 games better than the next-best team in the league and no one seems to notice or care

Last night I did hear an announcer--who had assumingly called a Suns game within the last month since they've had a decent number of games on national TV-talk about how they were in a freefall without Chris Paul and that meant the top of the west was up for grabs . . . they are 7-3 over the last ten and increased their lead a half a game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Bringing up a team from a whole other conference because your crinkled up whopper wrapper of a star went straight to the trash is a bad look

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

He had a girl ask about his weapon of mass destruction in high school but he just reported her to the cia

lmao.

Thread as a whole is on fire today.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Biyombo’s been a functional guy for a few years, his counting stats are only slightly better in PHX than in Charlotte. I’ll take your word for it that Kaminsky is an NBA player because when I’ve seen him on the Suns he still sucks rear end

Yeah people were mad at Biyombo because of the contract, which didn't even look that bad once the cap jumped. Well that and his habit of tuning out on the defense end here which puts him deep inside the doghouse of a certain type of coach. But when he's played, he got his his rebounds and made his smooth cuts to basket with great hands to finish and did one or two smooth post moves a game, pretty much like now. That's a great fit for a Suns team with so many guys doing ISO to have someone who can get to the rim when the defense collapses on their drives.

Rick fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 11, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

hifi posted:

biyombo added 5% to his FG% and takes 30% more shots per possession, over his last stint in charlotte. good coaching imo.

I'm definitely willing to say Monty is doing a great job at any and all times.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

That's dope.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Episode 2 he kicks in the door and demands Magic cut him in on the local cigar trade or he'll make sure he gets the needle.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

dokmo posted:

I watched that Blazers game from yesterday and holy poo poo that might be the worst team I've ever seen win a NBA game. They started three guys that probably couldn't start G League games.

This is worse than the team that beat the Lakers and they were blowing the Wizards out at least 3 quarters in before I decided I had better things to do such as sleep.

The Suns scored forty eight points on the lakers in one quarter.

The littlest brother.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Extremely funny for the people who said these sort of things to pretend that it was some mythical other person.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/markkleinmansky/status/1503442444813221902?s=21

Boy is going to leverage himself into oblivion (more)

We will finally get to see the fulfillment of the classic Bill Simmons bit and see how well NBA players play soccer, and vice versa.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Miami definitely looked the best that any East team looked to me until Harden and Embiid. Ultimately though when you play like Giannis played last year in the playoffs I gotta see someone beat that to pick against it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My NBA Twitter has buzz around Snyder taking the head coaching position for the Spurs and then Stotts was just spotted in the Jazz arena.

What is going on

I don't know about Snyder, but often teams hire coaches to do scouting or consulting when they loser their job so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Flashing back to a loud contingent of Lakers fans complaining about the play-in game last year

I still don't like it and think it's dumb and also:

The Glumslinger posted:

This year I'm gonna complain that they're gonna make us play an extra game with this team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

It is interesting that he met with several teams but now is going this route. I am assuming this is a way around it being past the deadline to sign players but also I guess he didn't blow any socks off enough for teams to sign him before that deadline? Or maybe he was still meeting with teams?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Lakers gotta sign Chalmers to a 10-day just so LeBron can work some stuff out

If THT sticks around much longer he's going to be Chalmers 2.0.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Loving seeing constant Lebron meltdowns, goddamn that dude is a bitch

Get hosed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Amazing how mediocre T.Craig was in Indiana and like two weeks back in Phoenix and he's a quality 6 man again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Shams news is better than the loving ESPN Fantasy headline that said Steph is done for the season. I guess yes, for the fantasy season but at least he could conceivably return by the playoffs in 30 days.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Wait, are y'all upset about stories in the fantasy section of espn.com accuracy about players being done for the fantasy season?

When I opened my phone the notification was "Steph Curry Done For the Season" and the text in the story if you preview it doesn't clarify it's for the fantasy season until the second paragraph (that you have to click through to see)

Rick fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 17, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That Mavs stuff is really bad. The unfortunate part is the way to fix it would screw the players (league taking over operations until Cuban sells or proves he can hire unshitty staff, three months from the draft and in a make or break offseason) who have the least to do with this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I do remember when Cuban joined the league apparently only like the Bulls and Lakers had what we consider a modern locker room and basically him making fun of that upped the game across the league for player amenities.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, but it needs to happen.

Yeah I think ultimately no matter how important he might or might not have been to the league regardless it has to be done.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

dokmo posted:

I want to bring this back from yesterday, because I feel like not enough people focused on the skill needed to do this. Check out that handle, between the legs while being bodied by a very large and heavy man, then the pull back to dodge a leaping strip attempt by a very long armed defender, then a lob pass to a guy who can't jump (ie himself), then jumping and maintaining enough balance to finish a lob pass after the pass was deflected at the last second.

This is definitely good.

NicelyNice posted:

What is the situation in the East? Like I have no clue how good these teams are vis-a-vis each other, and I have no confidence in the current standings.

Bucks have gotta the favorites still, right? Most complete team with a genuine star

Where do the rest fall after that?

The Heat are well put together
Celtics have an amazing defense and wings who can score
76ers, I dunno how much I trust Harnden and Embiid in the playoffs
Nets have gotta be favorites if Irving is playing, and with Curry and Drummond their roster is deep. Whoever ends up with Nets in Round 1 is gonna have it, and I hope it is Philly

Everyone after those teams, including the Bulls are out after round 1, right?

I don't know how good any of these teams are

Bulls can definitely win a round if they can get fully healthy for a long enough period to regain some consistency.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well here's the thing. He's not NECESSARILY super wrong, but there's two problems:

1.CP3 was playing with one functional arm, so it's laughable to act like the Lakers were the only ones with bad luck. Just like if the Bucks were talking poo poo about the Finals (which AFAIK they don't, in fairness to them) despite the fact that CP3's shooting hand was pretty hosed thanks to an injury in the WCF (I think it was Pat Bev, wasn't it?).

2. Why talk poo poo now? The Suns are way better and the Lakers are way worse, so he's just having that Down Bad Poster Energy.

He wasn't going around yelling this he just answered the question the reporter asked about it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lakers fans slowly and sadly bringing the Blake griffin jersey back out of the closet

I don't get this one at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Zogo posted:

Coalition of civil rights activists demands Adam Silver remove Suns and Mercury owner Robert Sarver
https://sports.yahoo.com/coalition-of-civil-rights-activists-demands-adam-silver-remove-suns-and-mercury-owner-robert-sarver-013515235.html

Apparently Robert Sarver lied.

At least with Robert Sarver if the league got rid of him, Phoenix has a competent and as far as we know not totally toxic front office.