Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hello everyone im excited for a fun game of mafia with friends :)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Wordle 261 5/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

i c what you did there

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
my opener is OMEGA. its okay

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Wordle 262 4/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve never lost a wordle

##vote beeman now ur gonna lose a game of mafia

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh my extremely serious vote didnt work

##vote b-minus

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i like the plan unless it means killing me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

Everyone claim a role you *dont* have

unstoppable unkillable serial killer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh dont whoops misread

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the sand guys feel off to me but mr. wolf feels the most off to me

bif feels alright to me

maer is acting awkward but i cant tell if its just general awkwardness or scum put in an uncomfortable spot

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Wordle 263 3/6*

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

alright who scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

shwinnebego posted:

Then why is your vote still on b-minus?

i actually feel much worse about the sand guys, sandwolf only made a joke post and sandicap only responded directly to someone calling them out (this is scummy imo) after i made my post which is a lil weird since i see them both as more active players. nothing to vote on tbh

##unvote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
to circle back to maer, i really do not like the comment of "my town meta is being awkward! im actually really cool and confident as scum" because i mean... come on. dont know what the gotcha shwin was trying to do with the doc claim is but maer feels like a decent day 1 lunch (how many maer votes are there?)

also out of nowhere but my read on beeman is town because if he was scum i think hed be more chaotic

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

shwinnebego posted:

I'd like to hear from the sand people though, and specifically how do you feel about eliminating Maerlyn, Bif, or b-minus: my three favored candidates.

kinda odd ur placing maer and bif as your top 2... do you think their a scum pair or a sort of "if it isnt maer then its bif?"

actually, why bif at all? youve never said anything about her except calling her scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i do think your town but it is still very odd to say "i think bminus is the most likely to be scum" and then pushing mostly other people for the lunch

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

shwinnebego posted:

I'd personally like to see a serious vote from flerp, even if it's a Day 1 caveated tentative vote.

This might be a playstyle preference, but I think votes generate more activity that's helpful to town.

ill play how i like

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ummm actually i think circl is like... prob scum. gets bogged down in setup spec which imo is mostly alignment neutral until you get into them posting quite a bit for that and then doing nothing afterwards. they posted "everything i posted was worthless" but then didnt do anything else. i feel like its a bit of scum posting a lot of spec to appear active but then doing nothing valuable afterwards to avoid stepping on their own toes

##vote circlmastr

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

Is this a joke? I got bogged down in setup spec late last night, then I went to sleep and was asleep. So yeah, didn't do a lot of posting then.

and then after the setup spec and when you were presumably woke up, you looked at the thread, saw the one person who commented on you looking bad, and responded to them and said, "yeah i added nothing of value" and then proceeded to continue doing nothing

and your response to me is to continue not doing anything and only responding to people who call you out

so yeah im not changing my vote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought the same thing about the setup spec initially but it seems more genuine and townie to me how he kept barreling down that wrong tunnel for a while before going "wait gently caress that's wrong, uh.... Welp instead of trying to spin the hell out of what I really meant that's all I had rn sorry"

Not liking this low hanging fruit from flerp.

my argument isnt "did setup spec" its "after setup spec, was clearly reading the thread, and their responses were to only respond to people calling them out." like, on its own, i would find the whoopsie i hosed up townie, but they dont contribute or do anything afterwards that makes me think theyre actually town. the fact that their two posts afterwards are direct quotes responding to them makes me think theyre self conscious scum. circle was reading the thread, there was a lot of posts and things going on that couldve been commented on, and they only focused on the few people who talked about them and they show no interest in finding scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

At this point I'm willing to give flerp the benefit of the doubt for focusing in on me over a misunderstanding. I've never played with flerp before, so this is for your edification: I am in constant migraine pain and suffer cognitive impairment as a result. I will read things wrong. I will say things wrong. It happens far more often than I would like. It is not a scum tell, it's just my life. I need breaks from screens, so I will check out for hours at a time.

ah okay sry to hear that and i will keep that in mind. however, my case isnt based on you reading or saying things wrong, unless ive misinterpreted some of your comments, altho my focus on timing is a bit unfair given the circumstances

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hello i am also here

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i feel alright on bee since they just seem like their average self and i feel like scum bee would be more fun

i still dont feel good about circl but my case hasnt changed much and i fear i might be tunneling, so im uncertain and not sure i can effectively push the case atm

out of the two sand guys, i think cap is the oddest. idk i think the whole "maer is not playing perfectly optimal, so is scum" rings hollow to me. also defending me, highly sus. also, a strange defense on taste. i can see saying lurcher lunch is bad, but saying taste is town because they asked if it was an open setup? also kind of weird.

wolf feels weird but this is a vague, vibes based read that i need to soul search more for once i eat some food. also, schwin is... a poster in this game. gotta trawl through their history, but i had vague town vibes earlier on d1, but they got susser as the day progressed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

##vote shwinne

Opopanax posted:

Good morning ##vote sandwolf

glad we're all in agreement but can i get short summaries on why each of you think these people are baddies?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Sandicap (2): Nep-Nep, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Idle Amalgam, shwinnebego, Maerlyn, CirclMastr, SandwolfNep-Nep, Opopanax, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebegoIdle AmalgamCirclMastr

Hm I guess part of the reason could be that two of the peeps who ever voted him are now dead

Would vote Schwinn or flerp or Grandi rn

why me? your case seems to be mostly that my case on circl was low hanging fruit (which i disagree with because i feel like you characterized it as me saying circl was doing setup spec which means scum, when what i thought was scummy wasnt the setup spec, but what they did after the setup spec) but then you kept banging on about me. i didnt want to comment on it because i wondering if you were trying to say that i was trying to divert attention away from maer and if the flip would change your opinion, but i suppose it didnt.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thats a uhhhh

really weak bif case

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
that actually really makes me super sus lol

like, i had town bif vibes overall but saying tone and "genuine engagement" (why cant scum be genuinely engaged?) just doesnt sound like bif. i cant believe thats actually why you were continuing to hound my name if thats all you have

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah, i can see that. its just odd, seeing bif's confidence and her badgering of me for a lot of d1 for her to just say its based on tone but i shouldnt get too hasty, true.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tbh, i dont want to engage with bif on this since it will just frustrate me more and waste time, i will take a step back and look at other people and let others decide on me and bif. my language was bad and if someone (other than bif) would like clarification, then i can offer it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

tbh, i dont want to engage with bif on this since it will just frustrate me more and waste time, i will take a step back and look at other people and let others decide on me and bif. my language was bad and if someone (other than bif) would like clarification, then i can offer it.

before i get in more trouble for being unclear, i dont mean "vote for me or bif today," i mean, "come up with your own opinions on us." im not setting up a thunderdome or anything stupid

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

went through and re-read what i felt were the three big ?'s in my mind, which was you, schwinn, and grandi

i had odd, vague feelings about wolfy, but looking back, i feel good about them. they werent really on the maer case which is kind of null, but they were active and fairly engaged. their main case on d1 was on grandi, and it felt like it was in good faith. maybe its just because i feel similarly to wolf about grandi, but i do think wolf's case showed them actually trying to think things through and not just hop onto the first case and were trying to find scum. there was a lil conflict between opop and wolf that felt weirdly antagonist quite quickly, but idk if that actually means anything. but overall, i have town vibes from wolf.

schwinn i reread and i tried my best but i couldnt get much out of it. lots of noise and theres a good amount of opinion, but i feel like i might be missing the forest for the trees here. its difficult because i can see it moving between scum trying to do a lot of posting to appear active and control the conversation, but i can also see it as an overactive town. im unfortunately waffling a lot here and i wish i could say definitively what i think of them, but i cant. some of the bee man focus, imo, is a little misguided, but im also stuck between thinking scum picking an easy mark in bee man, or a townie not used to dealing with bee man. ugh i really do wish i had more definitive things to say here but my philosophy is that the more someone posts, the more their true alignment shows up, so hopefully eventually with enough posts, i can figure them out.

grandi, on the other hand, just feels bad. their case on maer was just to mirror bif's argument and it felt way less genuine than bif's while it also boiling down to grandi saying maer isnt playing 100% optimal, which is anti-town, which means theyre scum. i dont think that logic actually holds true if youre actually thinking about if youre a townie (people dont play optimally and never have and never will), but if youre scum looking for an argument to put a vote down on a townie, its an easy logical argument and one thats already been handed to you by bif. its also that grandi never really expands on their argument as maer defends herself, like its all just maer made one not perfectly optimal argument when there was other posts to inform his case. there was some also really light other reads he threw out there that i cant quite get a read on. the defense of taste is super odd in particular and my gut makes me feel like its scum trying to poison the well, but i also feel like im probably putting the scum before the cart here. also, i shouldve actually been paying attention the end of d1 instead of playing elden ring because wow i shouldve voted grandi then........... im extremely bad

##vote sandicap

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Wordle 265 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sandicap's recent posting hasnt endeared me at all. they dont seem to have any interest in scum hunting for this whole day.

bif's reaction is super off and idk what to make of it tbh. like it seemed way overblown but i might just be wanting vindication for getting frustrated yesterday.

circl posting is kind of whatever but im not sure i want a lunch on her today

hum i feel like is coasting along a bit but maybe its timezone fuckery because they seem to only post when im asleep. same with opop a lil but i feel like its more that my brain refuses to engage with opop posts for some reason.

im fine with my vote where it is altho id go with bif too in a pinch

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh jesus i forgot amalgam was in this game

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
you best believe it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im never going to use the word badger ever again holy moley

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
so anyways, additional thoughts anybody? im still fine with my sandicap vote but im always open to new arguments

in specific, how do people feel about hum? seems kind of disengaged but dont know if theres more to it and dont remember a lot of games playing with hum so idk if thats normal.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
when's deadline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gonna be in and out for the rest of the day since im doing stuff today (its my birthday :toot:) but i will try to be around for the end of the day. my only worry with lunching bif is, even if their scum, this game will probably die because no one will post