Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha god this episode. The Darius storyline was fantastic and as someone who lives in London I can tell you hilariously realistic

”Her mum can rot in North Korea for all I care” :lol:

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That was pretty good. Spooky house, screaming mob, Van acting out. Wish there hadn't been that scene where Earn and Paper Boi literally caught each other up on each other's subplot, but otherwise really fun and dream logic-y.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Oh God the first episode is so uncomfortable. I've had to take breaks.

It's been a week and it's still haunting me.

oh god oh gently caress posted:

Correction here. He put it on Clark County's bag. The idea being to take him off the tour at least temporarily and give his cousin a chance to headline. When the manager gets pulled off it indicated that clark put the gun in his bag and had him take the fall.

Wasn't there some conversation during that season that, if a Black person showed up at TSA with a gun, they'd throw the book at them but, if they were white, they'd get a slap on the wrist?

mistermojo posted:

I think they're in danger of making Darius too much of a manic pixie dream boy

Darius is one of the better characters on the show and I hope they don't ruin him trying to make him TOO over the top/eccentric.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Darius is an archetype of a real, and real rare kind of person that floats through life having bizarre adventures that are amazing to have in your orbit for a while.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
"I am SO sorry, the engagement is off, of course!"

Had my laughing stupid.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Having a South African billionaire with Portuguese ancestry having a Nandos in his house is just perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incredible episode, Paper Boi's solution to his conundrum had me howling.

Love that moment in the end where they just lose it laughing over how stupid the entire situation was :allears:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

As soon as Fernando dipped out without paying, I thought to myself, paper’s going to burn the tree down.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
What an episode.

The influencer slowly creeping up on Earn at the start was comedy gold.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Another detour this week, not as good as the premiere but still great satire

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Surprised this thread is so low traffic.

The bit where Justin Bartha has to move into a sad motel and the camera pans and it's this enormous bed? Gold.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The best shows have the least popular or no thread at all. IMO.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

lol this was maybe my favorite episode in a while. Great poo poo, I love this show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good episode for sure, but maybe because it came in episode 4 after a couple great episodes featuring Earn etc I had less tolerance for the detour then I did for that fantastic first episode about the kid and the foster family.

The black comedy of the dude going "More where that's coming from..." and casually going about his work directly after E walked out to the pool and committed suicide was an absolutely amazing moment though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i would absolutely prefer not to be in a taxi with Socks and his weird friends

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
S4: Half Earn, Half Twilight Zone

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i have watched all of this show over the past two weekends and dang i wish i had another season and a half to binge watch left

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Loved the little hypocrisy of "i pay 15% restitution but the majority of my income isn't taxed" E was right dude, you will be okay. Also liked that it ended with Les Fleurs just like Us did.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

TyrantWD posted:

Having a South African billionaire with Portuguese ancestry having a Nandos in his house is just perfect.

His whole place made it feel like he was living in a Delta Sky Club.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Kind of wish these detour episodes were just a different show at this point. They’re good but I’m here for the adventures of Paper Boi n Friends

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

the_american_dream posted:

Kind of wish these detour episodes were just a different show at this point. They’re good but I’m here for the adventures of Paper Boi n Friends

IIRC there are only going to be three of them.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Beautiful loving show. I love every second and love that I literally never know what might happen next, let alone have any clue where the next show will lead to.

I've been catching up on a lot of video recaps/discussions and the "Darius being the most grounded one of the group" argument is growing on me.

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Van's behaviour during the party seemed very grounded to me!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Another very funny and weird episode. I love this poo poo. Also amazing that Socks seems to have become a recurring character. Even if he’s a phone-stealing shitbag.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Does anyone else think Wiley is a ghost and that Darius got his "adventure" just not in the way he was expecting. I also think Wiley was dropping clues the whole time on who really took the phone.

There is a theme this season with places being haunted, ghosts, and black/white inversions. In the beginning of this episode, for instance, Darius mentions how he and Al saw a ghost once, and reminds Darius what he saw was his own reflection. Later, Wiley seems to know things Al hasn't seemed to share with anyone. Wiley says he also dated a woman with a similar name and that when he heard his mixtape he knew he felt the same as him. They even have the same birthday.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great episode, man that 32-year-old kid was weird. I loved Darius' sad little "I know...." when Earn told him they weren't going to be having the adventure he wanted.

Also end of episode: gently caress Socks :mad:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
we all know what's under that beanie, Socks. Shame.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mksongbird/status/1515016354805567496?s=21&t=nd4H-57eDGw0P1zxgg0I1A

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Did I miss WHY he stole the phone?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think he’s just a douchebag

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Did I miss WHY he stole the phone?

Early in the episode Darius and Paper Boi are teasing him in an "oi bruv" style accent and then you see him walk off. that's the only motive i could see

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ex post facho posted:

Early in the episode Darius and Paper Boi are teasing him in an "oi bruv" style accent and then you see him walk off. that's the only motive i could see

I’m going to accept this as the reason because it makes the near fatal tongue slip later even funnier.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yes yes more like that please :allears:

Seriously though that was my favorite episode this season easily

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I’m going to accept this as the reason because it makes the near fatal tongue slip later even funnier.

I loved them quietly mentioning that a few minutes later :allears:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man this latest episode just really fell flat for me. It just didn't really do anything previous episodes didn't already do.

And I love Darius but he's becoming a little TOO Darius this season

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am basically the exact opposite because i loved the episode and especially the entire darius plotline. alfred's story had me dyin laughin through pretty much every scene

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Episode ruled. Darius sublot was very nice, even if it wasn't anything new for the show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I liked the Darius subplot, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying he's always doing something bizarre even if it's just in the background.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno I thought this episode was excellent and really liked Al's plotline. I loved how they ended on Khalil emphasizing that his way leaves the door open; we'll never know if he actually did use his money for a cause Al (and the viewer) would support, but he does get closer to doing so than Al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Medullah posted:

I liked the Darius subplot, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying he's always doing something bizarre even if it's just in the background.

His plot in this episode was extremely grounded though?