Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh hell a Toaly game? Let's do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

Gotta start off by saying hi to my nemesis, I've missed you :3:

##vote Plastic

Missed you too buddy.

##vote: Maerlyn

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckberg.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So I have a simple question for all.
Who is scum in this hall?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Is an actively posting Taste better or worse than a lurking taste though

also ##unvote

##vote: Taste

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami Fenrir posted:

Plastic I'm sorry to do this right after our glorious victory...

But did you roll scum again?

Ask me in the masonry.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami, you're doing that Yami thing where you arrive at a conclusion first and start stretching for any fragments of evidence to support it. "Plastic are you scum." -> "PLASTIC IS SCUM." -> "Plastic asked people if they had scum reads, that's scummy." -> "Tobbs doesn't agree with my case and showed up after I voted, Plastic's scum."

We've had two flimsy cases on two of the scummiest townies I've ever seen. Sandy's alternative seems fine to me because Taste is either so lurky that he might as well not exist (and will probably get modkilled with Toal's restrictions) or he's active and an active liability towards town.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I don't? Tobbs and Maerlyn are traditionally yeeted out day 1 for some sort of scum slip when they're town.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Like this isn't really breaking news, everyone's scumdars are broken when it comes to those two.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey Meen can you mason me bro? I never get to have fun in masonries anymore, it's very tragic.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

I follow your logic but considering I'm used to seeing Plastic just gently caress off for most of D1, I like seeing him post more and I didn't get the feeling he was feeling forced or that it was opportunistic...just trying to move discussion along. I think if he were scum he wouldn't really care or bother to post that at all.

See I'm glad that someone recognizes that I just don't give a poo poo day 1 unless something really sticks out at me. Thank you, my arch-nemesis.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Nep-Nep posted:

It feels bizarre to me that there were two votes put on taste yesterday, a flurry of activity from taste, and yet up to now nobody has commented on what he said like, at all. Taste's posts don't feel very substantial but I'm suprised that at the very least sandwolf and plastic haven't at least acknowledge it. Though it seems like sandwolf hasn't posted at all since that happened.

I'm not mentioning it because taste literally made a bunch of posts and most of them weren't even two sentences long, while exactly one of them had anything of substance. Speaking of lurking, bee's been really quiet. Grandi's also been just kinda staying under the radar, which is really unusual for him. Also there was this post which is really bothering me.

Sandicap posted:

I have several town reads, more than usual for this early on d1. Looks like this is a game I'm going to back into some scum reads and defend them vociferously!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh gorram it, I agree with Yami on something. This is gonna be fun.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Speaking of holding feet to the fire.

##unvote

##vote: Grandicap

Excessive hedging, apparently has no opinions with less than 24 hours left in the day.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Circl that's a fantastic post but also please vote.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah no I still want to lunch Grandi. Has posted nothing but town reads on half the game while providing no actual scum reads.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm plastic is one of my stronger town reads. Dont understand where this push is coming from

Because Grandi's scum and Hal's probably his partner? Both of them have been oddly disengaged, but completely in sync when they do post. You have some casual sniping at each other early for distancing when it means absolutely nothing, and then it's completely dropped.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Like look at Grandi's posts. All he's doing is trying to defend people as town who are under zero pressure. That extended period of posts to defend a Shell with one vote on her is a hilarious waste of time. He's not scum hunting, and all he has for scum reads is a cheap OMGUS.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shellception posted:

Do you have anything to say about the, uh, last two pages of content? As scumhunting goes, you've mostly made lurkercalls on Taste, Binus and Grandi and defended yourself against Yami, but you yourself don't seem to have many calls either?

There's.. not really much to say? (Plus you know, I did post a couple of times, what the gently caress Shell) Tobbs begging for clemency because of his birthday (and it's not a lunch I was interested in), pressure being put on hambeet and then the moment hambeet suggests Grandicap and puts a case together, Sand sticks his head in to say "Yeah I'd do that but what about a DIFFERENT lurker." There's a lot of odd hesitancy to move on someone that pretty much everyone in the game has agreed is acting weird.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Nep-Nep posted:

What was your impression of Grandi's list of 4 would votes from before? Those may not have been detailed scum reads but they fit the bill.

It's a big nothing post. He refuses to commit to any of them and it's all in the service of "yeah here's townies." He even immediately backtracks on one of the six people on that list right after he says it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami Fenrir posted:

Something that just stuck out to me is where the gently caress is bee?

B- isn't this lurky usually. And their content is terrible too.

H..have you PLAYED a game with Bee?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Honestly, it's terrible and flip-floppy, but I'm kinda used to that from Bee?

I'm kinda stuck on Grandi right now. I feel like most of the game has individually agreed that yeah, he's acting extremely shifty, but we keep just letting him slide in favor of lurkers. Shell going for the lurker feels really weird, and I don't like this sudden push on Sand out of nowhere.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey GDE, what do you think of Grandicap, you haven't mentioned them at all.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

CirclMastr posted:

By now the time has long since come
For me to opine who is scum.
Tobbs is surely on my radar,
Grandi too (not as much) so far.

hambeet posted:

okay my preference is

vote sandi

Maerlyn posted:

PlasticAutomaton - shockingly feel good about him too? It happens so infrequently...:cheeky: Considering he usually doesn't say poo poo on D1, happy that he's participating and I agree with him on Grandi.

Sandicap - giving me whiplash from our last game where he made strong calls, now hanging back and when confronted about it is kinda coy? It's really not like scum Grandi either, so I don't know what he's doing but it's odd.

I would vote for

Grandi

Sandwolf posted:

I’m jiving with this a lot, feeling pretty similarly, on almost all counts.

Shellception posted:

Honestly? I don't feel great at all about neither Grandi nor you, I am reading the thread and seeing what comes out today. I don't really see the pushback on GDE that some posters suggested. Sand is someone I could perfectly vote today too, but this push feels a bit too overeager.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sandicap's play today seems to be designed to ruffle as few feathers as possible, don't like it. Would vote probably.

Tobbs, Meen, what do you two think of Grandi? Including me, we have a majority who've said they'd lunch him, but it keeps getting pushed under the rug, so I feel like we've got scum.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

girl dick energy posted:

He's playing it safe, which isn't great, but I disagree that he's not making any scum reads.

He's made one actual scum read, and it's an OMGUS. Every single post he's made has been in the service of defending people as town. Hell, he's made multiple posts attacking your vote on Shell, but framing it as a defense of Shell being town, not as calling you scum.

Sandicap posted:

What do you mean no commitment? I have a very strong town list, a pretty strong town list, then the rest.
For the rest I have put forward a group that I wouldn't be happy to see eliminated today. And since that initial post, I have narrowed down to 2 people I actively think are scum.
For day 1 I feel like that is pretty drat good.

This is an active lie. Let's start with your own list and narrow it down referencing your posts since then.

Sandicap posted:

My list of will not votes for the day are:
CirclMastr, Shellception, Maerlyn, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Sandwolf, Sandicap.
I will vote anyone else. I am leaning away from gde and Yami, but wouldn't fight it if they were on the block.

So I guess the pool of people I would be happy to see go is even smaller:
Hal, beet, Nep, Plastic, Tobbs and taste.

Actually I think I like Tobbs too. So just between Hal, beet, Nep, Plastic and taste.

So Hal, Beet, Nep, me, and Taste.

He has not referenced Hal, Beet, Nep, or Taste at all.

He's made two posts on me after I voted him, both of which can be charitiablely be described as "I don't disagree with your framing of my posts, but that complaint makes you scum."

He's spent 3 posts on defending Shell and Maerlyn against GDE, only one of which even gets around to vaguely calling GDE remotely scummy, which is STILL more of a case than his vote on me.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandicap posted:

God I loving hate that I'm even making this post. It's worthless, but isn't Grandicap meta to be too self consious of everything. Posting too logically for town?

Whatever, If I get executed today it means I can play Opops game and hide on the blockchain.

Okay this is scum Grandi. A hilarious over-reaction to one vote on him and one person questioning him.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Can we talk about the fact that GDE's spent more effort defending Grandicap, the person who supposedly has her on the top of his scum list (but only second and not actually bothering to push despite having way more actual points against her in his posts), than just about anything else?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

girl dick energy posted:

This is a bad post. Binus is self-assured to a fault and doesn't bother explaining his changes in logic half the time, but I'd hardly call him flip-floppy under normal circumstances.

The 'sudden push' on Sandwolf was two people (including me), neither of whom Plastic has shown any actual suspicion of, besides the momentary hand-wringing.

This is a fantastic point actually.

girl dick energy posted:

Sandwolf is whatever, but Plastic's me-too on such a weak vote is super weird in a way I don't like.

girl dick energy posted:

Feeling town vibes from Sand, I think this frustration with recent lurkers is legitimate.

Why DID you come back and vote Sand

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah no I'm suddenly really okay with a GDE lunch, she's catapulted herself right next to Grandi on my scum list. She spent a bunch of time going after Shell, then dropping it after Shell makes a post or two that doesn't really answer GDE's complaints. Grandi comes in AFTER the case is dropped to lightly attack GDE for making it and not in a remotely committal way. She then moves over to Sandy for.. ??? all while refusing to drop a vote on me despite clearly having issues with my entire push on Grandi.

Sandicap posted:

Which is it? An overreaction to 1 vote, or has the entire thread floated my name?
It can't be both.

ahahhahahaha. You have two people seriously voting you, while everyone else flits around and has not committed to any votes. You know there's a difference, Grandi, and I feel very good about my vote.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I think Somber is completely trustworthy. I know from previous games that when he replaces in, he doesn't read his role or check what team he's on till the night phase to give genuine reads. Still probably subbing in for scum but I'm still more interested in eliminating Grandi.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

It was so obvious that shell and grandi were town.

That's our Binus. Though uh, what the gently caress was that last few hours.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey Yami can you target me with that ability tonight? I think that'll actually end up benefiting town a bit if I get hit.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyone else have any important night actions to report? I'm kinda ping ponging between Tobbs and Sandwolf right now after some re-reads.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

After extremely uncareful consideration, I think I'm up for

##vote: Maerlyn

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Honestly, it's more of a gut feeling as I try to recalibrate my scumdar. She's faded into the background and has been under absolutely no pressure. Which is weird because town Maerlyn always gets someone on her rear end. She was one of the post-doctor claim votes on Grandi, and her posting style feels more composed and designed to not ruffle feathers.

I'd also vote Meen for their complete lack of any votes D1.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

lol Binus, wasn't I on the top of your town reads?

Anwyays, quick question for Tobbs: What's the name of your role?

And also, does anyone want to own up to targeting Shell and having their action fail? We already know Somber tried to target Taste and was apparently redirected to himself, Meen went after Sandy, and Binus hit Yami. Sandy's claimed some kind of thunderdome set up.. that he apparently didn't use.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

But for real we neeecto lunch meen or circl. There is a 1000% percent chance that one of them is scum

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I don't like this post. It's got some amount of plausible deniability, but what it puts me in mind of is incidentally setting up a gambit wherein either a) Yami survives the poisoning thanks to you getting instigated, and with having discussed this in-thread it looks natural enough to get people to move off of both of you afterwards or b) Yami flips scum and someone you targeted dies followed by "well, poo poo, I musta misread my flavor" when this already lead to an unintended killing action once already. In combo with other folks feeling you as scum and your activity levels matching up with your scum behavior ##vote plastic

Well I know which of those two I'd want to vote now.

Rather than actually calling me scum, he's saying that other people are feeling it to avoid taking responsibilty for his own apparent read, is ignoring how active I was on D1, and has made up some absurd gambit to accuse Yami of being scum at the same time.

##vote: Meen

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well, that's -2, may as well out.

I'm town Roleblocker, was on Maerlyn last night. Sorry, nemesis, it just had to be you. She should be able to confirm that her action failed. It's also why I'm suspect of Tobbs' claim (also the immediate "maybe Maerlyn is scum" post off my absolutely terrible vote. I think my alternate, instigator ability is masonry creation.

Meen definitely scum off that garbage vote and his complete lack of votes D1.

God you know this game is hosed when Binus is one of my top town reads.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

Plastic you’re just a RB?

Yeah. My flavor text mentions that I'm empathetic towards others and always willing to talk, so assuming masonry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I just loving love masonries okay, and I'm jealous of you people with cool roles. Though I'm going to laugh when it turns out one of the lovers is scum, and I'm glad my hilariously bad vote on Maerlyn at least got something out of people. Have my last will and testament before I get smacked. (Also if we actually have protection put it on Maer since she outed herself as watcher what the gently caress Maer)

Binus is probably town despite the whole "forgetting to actually unvote on his reaction vote" thing.

Yami is town, but lol that doesn't matter due to poisoning.

Maer's town, the anger and the immediate OMGUS on my lovely vote prove it.

Not sure about Somber. I was convinced GDE was scum, but seeing how wrong I was about Grandi, I could easily be wrong here.

Sand or Meen are scum, though Meen still looks worse, and the lovers thing could easily be an excuse for Sand to never vote him.. Also Sand's been bandwagoning on this vote but has still yet to say why he's voting me, though. Watch for other Scumwolf tells.

Circl is probably town? Hard to tell with the gimmick but he's been putting effort into his reads.

Nep has been incredibly disengaged this game, take a second look at her.

Tobbs feels like scum. He took the bite on my lovely Maerlyn vote and immediately started hedging, plus that weird role that feels like overlap.

Taste has been engaged so scum.

Can't read Hal or Beet.

Also thank you town for encouraging me to never try on day 1 ever again. <3